Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How many ANW owners will be getting HCCE?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> RE: How many ANW owners will be getting HCCE? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How many ANW owners will be getting HCCE? - 10/19/2007 12:17:53 AM   
Bigfish

Buying this while still have a much better user interface... - The best thing would be H3 with the interface of HCCE - I think the biggest mistake of H3 is the old DOS Kernel with the old interface - H3 is unplayable with it's GUI and everyone could see this very early with H2. Also there are enough space for GUI and Interface improvements with Classic Harpoon - so i will see which of them find their way to HCCE .

(in reply to Plodder)
Post #: 31
RE: How many ANW owners will be getting HCCE? - 10/19/2007 5:43:27 PM   
MarkShot

I wouldn't call H3 unplayable due to the archaic interface. It is quite functional once you get up to speed with it. However, the thing is that one has got to really want to master the UI and the game. Generally, a UI should not interpose itself as an obstacle between the player and the game. But that's what you get with a one of a kind niche game. It is pretty much "take it or leave it". That's why I am interested to see what HCCE will be. I never owned an early renditions of Harpoon on either of the two family trees. Now, I have two versions on the H2/H3 Branch. Waiting to see how the Classic Branch will be.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to Bigfish)
Post #: 32
RE: How many ANW owners will be getting HCCE? - 10/27/2007 9:00:34 PM   
agafford

I will get HCE because I need a new computer and I will go ahead and swallow Vista along with it and HCE is supposed to run on Vista. I have been running HANW on win98se with the usual problems. I am sure I will find new ones with HCE on Vista.

The new screenshots look nice - it will remain to be seen if all the scenarios play in a reasonable fashion. They don't really on HANW. All the same, there is nothing like Harpoon unless someone does something with the bones of Fleet Command, which was a very limited platform though fun to play.

(in reply to Plodder)
Post #: 33
RE: How many ANW owners will be getting HCCE? - 10/28/2007 3:00:39 AM   
TonyE

quote:

ORIGINAL: agafford

I will get HCE because I need a new computer and I will go ahead and swallow Vista along with it and HCE is supposed to run on Vista. I have been running HANW on win98se with the usual problems. I am sure I will find new ones with HCE on Vista.

The new screenshots look nice - it will remain to be seen if all the scenarios play in a reasonable fashion. They don't really on HANW. All the same, there is nothing like Harpoon unless someone does something with the bones of Fleet Command, which was a very limited platform though fun to play.

Both HCE and ANW work fine on Vista, I've run HC on Vista since the betas of Vista and have run ANW on it since the release candidates of Vista.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to agafford)
Post #: 34
RE: How many ANW owners will be getting HCCE? - 11/20/2007 8:29:47 PM   
Awac835

I own ANW and might buy HCE if it gets good feedback. i simply couldnt get along with the interface in ANW. I hope HCE will be better.

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 35
RE: How many ANW owners will be getting HCCE? - 11/21/2007 2:22:10 AM   
AlvinS

Yes I will buy it. Why? Because its Harpoon. I still have Harpoon 97 and my old Amiga version, plus the board game.

Being used to the ANW interface, I actually like it, but the updated interface of HCCE will make getting up to speed a little easier.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to Awac835)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> RE: How many ANW owners will be getting HCCE? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI