Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reasearch cost modifier

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Reasearch cost modifier Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reasearch cost modifier - 10/30/2007 9:06:12 AM   
Snoman

I'm having trouble getting this to work.

I create a random map and the actual cost of research in the game seems to have no relation to the value that I set.
I've even tried setting it in the editor before playing, and setting 'ResCostMod' to 5 manually. None of it works.
Changing other things like the size of the map and adding more players etc seems to have more effect on the actual cost of research items, but in an unpredictable way.

Help please!
Post #: 1
RE: Reasearch cost modifier - 10/30/2007 11:30:03 AM   
Vic

research cost is modified for the ammount of production points on the map always unless you specify different in the editor.

If you want to know how to edit. this is ist:
You can in the editor set the ammount of prod points on which the research points stay as they are defined ( more prod points will lead to more expensive research, less prod point will lead to cheaper res). You can also set this variable on 0 or -1 (dont know which out of head) to not let research cost be adjusted by size of scenario.

(in reply to Snoman)
Post #: 2
RE: Reasearch cost modifier - 10/30/2007 12:50:52 PM   
Snoman

Ah! Yep thats it. I saw that variable but didn't understand it.
Thats actually a great idea; increasing cost for research if the map has more production capacity, thereby causing research to tend to progress at the same rate from map to map.

The only problem, as I see it, is that the research cost modifier slider bar in random scenario generation is therefore broken..

Could not these two be combined or made to work together?

Also, the mouseover of that button says -1 disables it, but entering -1 then gives an error, telling you to use from 0 to 999999. Just a typo in the help message.

Thanks for that Vic. I like playing scenarios where research is really hard to get anywhere with. I just do.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Reasearch cost modifier Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI