Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

P-3s will not launch Harpoons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> P-3s will not launch Harpoons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
P-3s will not launch Harpoons - 11/27/2007 11:02:17 PM   
NefariousKoel

Well, I have a couple P-3s in a group. They both have 4 Harpoons and 8/6 torpedoes respectively. I have my SS radar on and and I'm ~44 nm away from my targeted enemy SAG.

Here's the problem:
When I hit "Attack", the weapons allocation list only shows the torpedoes on each P-3. The active unit display shows 4/4 Harpoons on each P-3 but won't show in the weapons allocation. I've tried targeting from High, Medium, and Low altitudes since I figured there's likely a Low alt. launch parameter for the Harpoon - but to no avail.

This is the GIUK 4.0 scenario.

Am I overlooking something?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: P-3s will not launch Harpoons - 11/27/2007 11:27:33 PM   
CV32

Are you sure your Harpoons haven't been allocated by the Staff Assistant to what he perceives to be a higher priority target, maybe the Udaloy ? Go through the list of available targets in that Red group, and check to see if your Harpoons are there.

Otherwise, if you have a savegame, please send it along to HC3@harpgamer.com

< Message edited by CV32 -- 11/27/2007 11:37:42 PM >

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 2
RE: P-3s will not launch Harpoons - 11/27/2007 11:43:33 PM   
NefariousKoel

Yeah, I checked all the targets. Of course, if they were all already allocated, they would still have been showing up under the Mk46s in the upper right box of the weapons allocation window and say "none available" right? They're not there at all.

Unfortunately, I had a saved game but it got overwritten after I sent my F-16 strike in (without Harpoons in front of them).

If it's any help - I had launched each P-3 individually (on Patrol launch) and grouped them together later on after one had dropped 2 Mk46s on a Kilo and sunk it (along with all its sonobuoys). While they were grouped, the unit window showed them just a bit apart when I focused it on their group. I doubt that was the cause, but dunno. I'll be sure to make a copy of my save file somewhere safe if this happens again.

BTW.. thanks for the quick reply.

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 3
RE: P-3s will not launch Harpoons - 11/27/2007 11:48:50 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel
Yeah, I checked all the targets. Of course, if they were all already allocated, they would still have been showing up under the Mk46s in the upper right box of the weapons allocation window and say "none available" right? They're not there at all.

No, if the Harpoons had already been allocated as I suspect, they would have not shown at all in the upper right.

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 4
RE: P-3s will not launch Harpoons - 11/28/2007 1:40:26 AM   
NefariousKoel

Perhaps I missed the target in there.  It's most likely a user error on my part. 

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> P-3s will not launch Harpoons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI