P-3s will not launch Harpoons (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support

NefariousKoel -> P-3s will not launch Harpoons (11/27/2007 11:02:17 PM)

Well, I have a couple P-3s in a group. They both have 4 Harpoons and 8/6 torpedoes respectively. I have my SS radar on and and I'm ~44 nm away from my targeted enemy SAG.

Here's the problem:
When I hit "Attack", the weapons allocation list only shows the torpedoes on each P-3. The active unit display shows 4/4 Harpoons on each P-3 but won't show in the weapons allocation. I've tried targeting from High, Medium, and Low altitudes since I figured there's likely a Low alt. launch parameter for the Harpoon - but to no avail.

This is the GIUK 4.0 scenario.

Am I overlooking something?[&:]

[image]local://upfiles/7175/4D29866789CB4E0BBFC8BFD9C76966DF.jpg[/image]

CV32 -> RE: P-3s will not launch Harpoons (11/27/2007 11:27:33 PM)

Are you sure your Harpoons haven't been allocated by the Staff Assistant to what he perceives to be a higher priority target, maybe the Udaloy ? Go through the list of available targets in that Red group, and check to see if your Harpoons are there.

Otherwise, if you have a savegame, please send it along to HC3@harpgamer.com

NefariousKoel -> RE: P-3s will not launch Harpoons (11/27/2007 11:43:33 PM)

Yeah, I checked all the targets. Of course, if they were all already allocated, they would still have been showing up under the Mk46s in the upper right box of the weapons allocation window and say "none available" right? They're not there at all.

Unfortunately, I had a saved game but it got overwritten after I sent my F-16 strike in (without Harpoons in front of them). [:(]

If it's any help - I had launched each P-3 individually (on Patrol launch) and grouped them together later on after one had dropped 2 Mk46s on a Kilo and sunk it (along with all its sonobuoys). While they were grouped, the unit window showed them just a bit apart when I focused it on their group. I doubt that was the cause, but dunno. I'll be sure to make a copy of my save file somewhere safe if this happens again.

BTW.. thanks for the quick reply.

CV32 -> RE: P-3s will not launch Harpoons (11/27/2007 11:48:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NefariousKoel
Yeah, I checked all the targets. Of course, if they were all already allocated, they would still have been showing up under the Mk46s in the upper right box of the weapons allocation window and say "none available" right? They're not there at all.

No, if the Harpoons had already been allocated as I suspect, they would have not shown at all in the upper right.

NefariousKoel -> RE: P-3s will not launch Harpoons (11/28/2007 1:40:26 AM)

Perhaps I missed the target in there.  It's most likely a user error on my part.  [sm=dizzy.gif]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI