Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/1/2007 2:19:39 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: throttle8

I hope you have several parks that have the good old billboards in the outfield like you see in the HBO documentary When It Was A Game!!!:)

I'll take one of those old type fields over any new type field, any day of the week!!!!

Oh, yeah, a player after my own heart. The Andy Jurinko "painted parks" are the best. Here's an example, as adapted for game use:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 12/1/2007 2:24:07 AM >

(in reply to throttle8)
Post #: 61
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/1/2007 3:06:20 AM   
PadresFan104

Oh how funny, I forgot about those!!  Yeah, I got those images from BeachBoy's website, then did the work to turn them into .prk files.  Here's what's included:

Cleveland Municiple Stadium
County Stadium
Crosley Field
Fenway Park
Forbes Field
Griffith Stadium
Memorial Stadium
Metropolitan Stadium
Polo Grounds
Shibe Park

PadresFan's Text Sim Mod Website: http://www.padresfanmods.net
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/padresfanmods

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 62
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/1/2007 3:52:18 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

Oh how funny, I forgot about those!!  Yeah, I got those images from BeachBoy's website, then did the work to turn them into .prk files.  Here's what's included:

Cleveland Municiple Stadium
County Stadium
Crosley Field
Fenway Park
Forbes Field
Griffith Stadium
Memorial Stadium
Metropolitan Stadium
Polo Grounds
Shibe Park

That's right, Al. YOU did the work, and it's been greatly appreciated by yours truly. You left one out (Sportsman's Park), but I'd already asked you about that one. You didn't have the time to do the .prk conversion. Too bad. Maybe soon? (Hint, hint)

PS I'm certain you're cognizant of the symmetry between a Wilson adding to Beach Boy material.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 12/1/2007 4:02:40 AM >

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 63
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/1/2007 10:17:30 PM   
KG Erwin

A question for Shaun, RE "Historical Career Replay" mode: is it possible to automatically insert historical ballparks / logos, and incorporate this into the association setup? Now, the manual override buttons would still exist, but it would certainly be easier for guys who wanna put themselves into the "real world" seasons.

Personally, I've had a lot of practice at setting up "real season" templates, but it does take a bit of work to do so. Doing 16 teams isn't so bad, but 26 or 30 teams gets time-consuming.

For the players, would you want a feature like this, or do you prefer to make the adjustments on your own?

Alternatively, a comprehensive off-site user-created "replay template database" would be fantastic. PadresFan's site already has a start on this. What I'm suggesting, though, is much more ambitious in scope.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 12/1/2007 10:28:12 PM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 64
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/2/2007 12:25:30 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

KG,

That would be a nice addition, on the assumption that it's within PureSim's capabilities. Starting a relatively modern, real association, does require the player to manually apply logos and the correct stadiums. I think that it would be a great advancement for Puresim if it could do all the for you, applying logos and parks and whatnot, in addition to the job it already accomplishes of placing players in their respective teams.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 65
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/2/2007 1:17:55 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frozen Stiffer

KG,

That would be a nice addition, on the assumption that it's within PureSim's capabilities. Starting a relatively modern, real association, does require the player to manually apply logos and the correct stadiums. I think that it would be a great advancement for Puresim if it could do all the for you, applying logos and parks and whatnot, in addition to the job it already accomplishes of placing players in their respective teams.

The key is whether Shaun would have to jump through hoops to accomplish this in a code rewrite.

I'd happily contribute to a player-created historical season database of psa templates, if it's wanted. I have offered to create these "on demand", too.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 12/2/2007 1:24:17 AM >

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 66
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/2/2007 2:56:53 AM   
GNDN

As someone who has just set up a 2007 replay association, I did spend quite of time setting up my pictures for stadiums and logos.

Is it possible to create a tool that loads the data similar to the face assigning tool?

From my persepctive, only code would be required to assign the logos and stadiums. Modders have already created the stadiums and logos, after all.

Or does this already exist and I was not perceptive enough to find it?

< Message edited by GNDN -- 12/2/2007 2:58:30 AM >

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues....

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 67
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/3/2007 4:05:29 AM   
throttle8

I got all of the fields downloaded. Now which teams gets what home field!!!?? Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!! My favorite three field packs are the Painted, Classic, & 1990's!!!

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 68
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/3/2007 6:40:51 AM   
DonBraswell

I would like more options with pitcher utilization. Along with never skip or skip frequently, I would like one that says, use as a spot starter and in between starts use as a releiver. This way he would start every 2nd or 3rd round and be used as a releiver when not starting. This would make my day.
Don

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 69
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/3/2007 3:25:26 PM   
Bigdummie

Maybe I've missed this, but when setting up my lineups, is there a way to clear them? Its confusing trying to drag and drop wheen the lineup is full. If this is not possible, than I would like to see this in the new version.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 70
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/3/2007 6:43:15 PM   
Wrathchild

This is just a nit pick, but I'd like the Player Card for pitchers to show their batting averages vs. L and R. It shows their current BA, but vs. L and R it seems to always say .000.

(in reply to Bigdummie)
Post #: 71
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/3/2007 10:00:24 PM   
Wrathchild

Another anal retentive moment: is it possible to edit the play by play text somewhere? I often see one such as 'Joe Schmo singled to very deep to left center.' It looks like maybe it's picking parts of two strings or something.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 72
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/4/2007 3:14:53 PM   
StefanG

When viewing the lineups, the page shows "Lineup vs Left" and "Lineup vs Right"; however, the batting average listed for each is the player's overall average; as opposed to the batting avg vs Left and vs Right respectively?  It would be nice for that too be changed as described, so that managers can adjust lineups based on how players are actually doing against left vs right.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 73
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/4/2007 6:56:09 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

quote:

ORIGINAL: StefanG

When viewing the lineups, the page shows "Lineup vs Left" and "Lineup vs Right"; however, the batting average listed for each is the player's overall average; as opposed to the batting avg vs Left and vs Right respectively? It would be nice for that too be changed as described, so that managers can adjust lineups based on how players are actually doing against left vs right.

Stefan,

Though there may be a slight benefit in this, it seems a little too redundant to me. It's for that reason that the game allows a VS LHP and VS RHP lineup. This way, you already have your hitters and fielders chosen based on what sort of hurler you're going up against.

(in reply to StefanG)
Post #: 74
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/4/2007 6:57:17 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wrathchild

Another anal retentive moment: is it possible to edit the play by play text somewhere? I often see one such as 'Joe Schmo singled to very deep to left center.' It looks like maybe it's picking parts of two strings or something.

I'd like this too- at least the OPTION to tinker with the verbiage. It would be nice to mix up the terms and descriptions of hits...

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 75
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/4/2007 11:51:30 PM   
StefanG

Frozen Stiffer, I'm not sure I understand the "redundancy" you are referring to - maybe we've mis-understood each other.  I like the fact that I can see the lineups "vs a left handed pitcher" and "vs a right handed pitcher"; however, when I'm viewing my lineup vs a left handed pitcher I'd like to see how my batters do against a left handed pitcher.  In other words, if Darryl Strawberry is only batting .224 against left handed pitchers, I can move him down the lineup a bit (vs left handers) to a more appropriate location, but if I can't see how the rest of the lineup is doing against left handed pitching, its tough to know where to move him.  Make sense?

In summary, who cares what a batter's overall batting average is when viewing the lineup "vs Left Handed pitching", I'm interested in the batting average against left handed pitching.

< Message edited by StefanG -- 12/4/2007 11:53:42 PM >

Post #: 76
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/5/2007 12:31:51 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

Stefan,

You were right- I misread. I didn't notice you were asking for their batting average to reflect the handedness of the pitcher.

(in reply to StefanG)
Post #: 77
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/5/2007 12:53:24 AM   
StefanG

Yep, right now the View Lineups page is actually fairly redudant with the Modify Rosters page.

Post #: 78
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/5/2007 8:57:16 PM   
throttle8

I'd like to see some wild pitches or batters being hit!!!!

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 79
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/5/2007 9:05:47 PM   
Wrathchild

There are already wild pitches, but I agree with the concept of seeing an occassional hit batter. I'd also like to see some of those hiiiiiiiigh foul balls go into the stands or something. We always know that they are going to be caught, and many of them take a long time to come back down, so we are just sitting there waiting. And how about some different pitch descriptions? I think that all I have seen is 'fast ball' and 'off speed'. One more: the last pitch that walks or strikes out a batter should show the same description that you can see in the game log, i.e. swing and a miss, high and outside, etc.

Oh, and the forum should take me back the the forum when I click on 'Return to Forum' after posting a message. Most of the time it still takes me to the message I just posted.

< Message edited by Wrathchild -- 12/5/2007 9:06:22 PM >

(in reply to throttle8)
Post #: 80
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/5/2007 9:25:52 PM   
Wrathchild

Also, how about a way to get a reminder of what the wind conditions are during the game?

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 81
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/7/2007 1:42:36 AM   
throttle8

quote:

There are already wild pitches....

I wasn't aware of that; I've never seen one!!!

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 82
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/9/2007 2:33:15 PM   
throttle8

quote:

Also, how about a way to get a reminder of what the wind conditions are during the game?

How about changing weather conditions during a game?

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 83
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/11/2007 5:08:24 AM   
Crapgame54

How about throwing errors on steals or throws from the outfield?

And of course the option to double steal would be great.

Note - high pop ups are not ALWAYS caught, I've seen at least one get dropped. And at long last I even saw a runner steal second on the hit-and-run when the batter struck out. So it CAN happen, though I have played hundreds of games and have only seen it once.

(in reply to throttle8)
Post #: 84
RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? - 12/12/2007 3:17:05 AM   
Nukester

Id like to see SB and CS data for minor leaguers on their player card

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 85
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: What's left to add to Pure Sim? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI