Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retrieving Serial Numbers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Retrieving Serial Numbers Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/6/2007 11:38:22 PM   
Wrathchild

Is anyone able to get their game serial numbers emailed to them? For 24 hours I've been getting errors when trying to do that, and can't get a response from Matrix support.
Post #: 1
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/7/2007 11:41:38 AM   
SkyElf

Yes, I got mine in a very short time, but I called to get phycial and digital down load of the game!  Since I did not like the purchase page it was not to my liking.  I also got a password and a reference number to login and get my down load and serial number!

< Message edited by SkyElf -- 12/7/2007 11:43:45 AM >

A True Gamer to the Core!

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 2
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/9/2007 7:06:43 PM   
Harald1050

I purchased Forge of Freedom yesterday as digital dl. I did get no confirmation order mail with a serial number, so i can't install the game. Did already send a mail to DR. As i bought WITP i got a mail with the serial nummer. Hopefully i will get a reply soon.

(in reply to SkyElf)
Post #: 3
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/9/2007 7:40:15 PM   
Erik Rutins

Did you all check your spam filters?  Also, try going to www.findmyorder.com with your order info to retrieve your serial number.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Harald1050)
Post #: 4
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/9/2007 10:06:07 PM   
Harald1050

Yes, Erik, i did after i have read some threads about that issue. And the findmyorder site does only show my WITP order from 2004.

Any idea?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/10/2007 10:55:09 PM   
Harald1050

So, where do i get my serial number???

(in reply to Harald1050)
Post #: 6
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/10/2007 11:43:10 PM   
General Doug

I am having the same issue. I've been trying to contact support for 2 1/2 weeks without any answers. The spam filters allow anything from Matrix. I have no problems allowing cookies. Here's the error message I get when you try to follow the links and directions on the site:

Message 99998 - To protect ourselves against fraud, we need to set a cookie on your computer. In order to continue your purchase online, please reset your browser to allow cookies. You can make your purchase and then set cookies off again in your browser. If you already allow cookies, there may be a problem that can be corrected by deleting the cookie file. 20009SC01

As I said, I have no problems allowing cookies. I have a directory full of them. I went so far as to clear all of the cookies and try again. Same result. I really want to get back into playing. I had a hard drive crash and just received a new PC. I thought I wrote the number on the CD, but I didn't. Please help!

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 7
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/11/2007 12:42:59 AM   
Erik Rutins

Harald,

Could you e-mail me your order number at erikr@matrixgames.com? Normally, all orders should show up when you login, unless you used different user info for different orders. Is it possible you have an older login you are not using?

GeneralD,

Have you tried a different browser to see if that helps? Have you tried turning off any anti-cookie security software that might be interfering? I've had no issues with this using default IE and Firefox settings.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to General Doug)
Post #: 8
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/11/2007 3:58:36 AM   
nappy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeneralD

Message 99998 - To protect ourselves against fraud, we need to set a cookie on your computer. In order to continue your purchase online, please reset your browser to allow cookies. You can make your purchase and then set cookies off again in your browser. If you already allow cookies, there may be a problem that can be corrected by deleting the cookie file. 20009SC01

This is also exactly the error message I get trying to find my DL of EiA. Using both Firefox and IE - with all cookies enabled.

N

Post #: 9
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/11/2007 4:50:15 AM   
General Doug

I have all cookie security off. I can get to the point that I can see my order. It says to press the details button to get the serial number. All the view details does is show the UPS number on the original order. I've even tried this on another computer that has very little security with the same results.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 10
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/11/2007 6:45:09 AM   
nappy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeneralD

I have all cookie security off. I can get to the point that I can see my order. It says to press the details button to get the serial number. All the view details does is show the UPS number on the original order. I've even tried this on another computer that has very little security with the same results.

I am beginning to think this error ha snothing to do with cookies; but rather there is no download flag for that order.

GeneralD - did you order a download+boxed combo as I did?

N

Post #: 11
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/12/2007 1:46:19 AM   
General Doug

Yes I did. That may be the connection. Good catch!

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 12
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/12/2007 6:17:39 AM   
nappy

GeneralD. Which game did you order? and is the box set backordered?

I suspect the problem could be as follows: if the box copy is unavailable (backordered) you should not be billed; and since you are NOT billed, no payment is made to the store. Consequnetly, the download is not available until the box is shipped. If this is indeed the case than its  a real pain as it forces customers to buy SEPERATE copies if they want both - otherwise the Download is bit useless as the box wil probably be in your hands as it becomes availabe.

Erik can you confirm if this is the case?

N  

Post #: 13
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/13/2007 1:39:27 AM   
General Doug

I received this order in January 2005. So there's nothing to back order. I have the game in my hot little hands and have been playing for years. My hard drive crashed and I need to re-install and I can't find my serial number.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 14
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/16/2007 5:12:22 AM   
General Doug

Erik, can you think of anything else we can try?

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 15
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/23/2007 8:41:41 AM   
bkohrn@iwon.com

To put this another way, is this the default situation? No one gets the official serial number automatically with the digital downloads and can never install any game without first figuring out to request them through customer support who respond in their own good time if at all. What kind of business model is this?

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 16
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/24/2007 3:36:40 PM   
Terl

quote:

ORIGINAL: bkohrn@iwon.com

To put this another way, is this the default situation? No one gets the official serial number automatically with the digital downloads and can never install any game without first figuring out to request them through customer support who respond in their own good time if at all. What kind of business model is this?

No. I always order download versions and get the serial and download link right after the purchase completes.

(in reply to bkohrn@iwon.com)
Post #: 17
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/24/2007 3:40:28 PM   
wworld7

This is how it has worked for me on my Matrix downloads. I have never had a problem. The email (with the code) shows up promptly.

Flipper

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 18
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/24/2007 3:57:02 PM   
Terl

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

This is how it has worked for me on my Matrix downloads. I have never had a problem. The email (with the code) shows up promptly.

As an add-on to this, the email shows up promptly and the screen, after payment confirmed, flips immediately to a screen to download the game and the serial is listed right there. I copy paste it onto my ever growing list, download and I am set.

As for the email, I have always received them. Have you checked any spam filters you may have in place?

< Message edited by Terl -- 12/24/2007 3:58:38 PM >

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 19
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 12/27/2007 12:55:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

I just responded by e-mail to those that had e-mailed me, sorry for the delay caused by my office move + Christmas.

If you are still having a problem and have not e-mailed me at erikr@matrixgames.com, please do so.

To also chime in on the above question, no this is not at all how it typically works. The posts here represent an extremely small fraction (i.e. much < 1%) of orders in the same time frame. There will unfortunately always be some issues since not everyone has the same configuration and the store may occasionally have a hiccup but these are not typical in the sense of being common or widespread.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 20
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 1/19/2008 12:05:40 AM   
gsol69

For a couple of days I have been trying to request that all of my registered serial numbers be emailed to me. This has worked in the past, but recently no email has been getting generated when I check the "send serial numbers to my email" and click the button, even though a message reports that the email has been sent. I have found nothing blocked by my spam filter from matrix anywhere near the timeframe I placed the request. Matrix, please advise. I have been able to register a few of my recent purschases, and I was looking to generate a current list of my serial numbers to keep. Thanks in advance.

-gsol69

Post #: 21
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 1/19/2008 12:26:40 AM   
hadberz

Hi gsol69

I just tried it and got all my serials within a minute. Does your ISP have a spam filter? I once had an issue with an old ISP that would block emails at the email server. I had to call my ISP to get it resolved.

The other thing I always do is use http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/ I have every serial for every game I own entered in password safe. I then burn it to multiple CD/DVD and keep it on all my computers. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I used to have a heck of a time keeping track of my serials

(in reply to gsol69)
Post #: 22
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 1/22/2008 1:40:50 AM   
Queeg

Can't get mine either.  Two requests.  No email.  This is pissing me off.

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 23
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 1/29/2008 11:25:48 PM   
gsol69

Thanks Hadberz, I had already checked my spam filter previously, and nothing is coming thru. I just tried to request the serials to email again today, still nothing. I am a turn-based strategy gamer, and I have purchased MANY matrix games, but am irritated at the lack of support here. I mean I sign into the Members club, and the "Helpdesk" link is not active. Post in this forum (along with others having the same issue) and no help, getting frustrated.

Matrix please help!

(in reply to Queeg)
Post #: 24
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 1/30/2008 1:18:48 AM   
Terl

Just to make sure; you did register all the numbers in the area and the email address you registered with is the same as you are using now, right? I saw this thread a couple days ago and tried mine out of curiosity and the email came as expected. As I understand it, though, you have to register your serials for them to be sent; it does not just forward them to you if you purchased a game.

It is very odd that this has not worked for you. Have you tried emailing Erik directly?

(in reply to gsol69)
Post #: 25
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 1/30/2008 2:11:41 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: gsol69
For a couple of days I have been trying to request that all of my registered serial numbers be emailed to me. This has worked in the past, but recently no email has been getting generated when I check the "send serial numbers to my email" and click the button, even though a message reports that the email has been sent. I have found nothing blocked by my spam filter from matrix anywhere near the timeframe I placed the request. Matrix, please advise. I have been able to register a few of my recent purschases, and I was looking to generate a current list of my serial numbers to keep. Thanks in advance.

Hi Gsol69,

Did you e-mail us at support@matrixgames.com? If so, please re-send with a copy to me at erikr@matrixgames.com so that I can make sure we received it. Include your account info as best you can remember it and we'll try to see if there's a problem. 99.9% of the time though, something is blocking the e-mail from getting to you as we've literally walked through this dozens of times to make sure they are being sent out.

Did you also already try retrieving your numbers from www.findmyorder.com?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to gsol69)
Post #: 26
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 1/30/2008 2:13:02 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: gsol69
I mean I sign into the Members club, and the "Helpdesk" link is not active. Post in this forum (along with others having the same issue) and no help, getting frustrated.
Matrix please help!

Sorry, this is not an official tech support forum, but our support@matrixgames.com address is the best way to reach us for official support. The Help Desk should be in place before summer, which will make things a lot easier as far as not having to deal with lost e-mails.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to gsol69)
Post #: 27
RE: Retrieving Serial Numbers - 2/1/2008 6:31:38 PM   
gsol69

Hi Erik,
thanks for the info regarding the support email address, I wasn't sure where to go.
I have emailed my issue to them and see hows it goes.

Thanks again

Post #: 28
Serial Numbers - 2/15/2008 8:09:41 AM   
nindianboy

I have downloaded the game. i have registered in matrix. When i run the setup it asks for serial number which is with me. When i use the serial number and run the game. it says that serial error. what should i do now?

(in reply to gsol69)
Post #: 29
Serial Numbers - 2/15/2008 8:11:30 AM   
nindianboy

I have downloaded the game. i have registered in matrix. When i run the setup it asks for serial number which is with me. When i use the serial number and run the game. it says that serial error. what should i do now?

(in reply to gsol69)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Retrieving Serial Numbers Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI