Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leaders not arriving with reinforcements???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? - 12/14/2007 10:33:10 PM   
semper fi

In tactical combat, reinforcements are arriving without their leaders. Is this a known issue? Will it be fixed in the next patch?

< Message edited by semper fi -- 12/15/2007 12:54:41 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? - 12/15/2007 2:16:48 AM   
ericbabe

Leaders have never arrived with reinforcements.  It's actually never been designed to work that way, so technically it's not a thing that needs fixing, but we may consider changing the way this works in the expansion.

(in reply to semper fi)
Post #: 2
RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? - 12/15/2007 3:26:47 AM   
1LTRambo

I have noticed that units showing up as reinforcements end up becoming detatched from the main corps or army. Then, if the corps or army is moving out of the province, the unit gets left behind. This is very upsetting as I have lost combat power in the upcoming battle or also the left behind unit gets destroyed or captured by another enemy attack within the same province. Is this supposed to happen?

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? - 12/15/2007 3:37:52 AM   
semper fi

Please include fix this in the expansion!!! Units need their leaders to be fully functional.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? - 12/15/2007 3:43:22 AM   
1LTRambo

semper fi
I have only seen reinforcements as single divisions and it is my understanding that leaders are only attached to corps and armies. Therefore, a reinforcement from an adjacent army or corps would not include a leader from that unit. If I'm wrong in this, then I would like some clarification also. Especially on the question that I posed earlier.

(in reply to semper fi)
Post #: 5
RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? - 12/15/2007 3:52:23 AM   
semper fi

1stLt Rambo,

I've had armies (multiple corps) arrive as reinforments, but with no leaders. This needs to be corrected. In regards to your earleir post, that also needs to be fixed. Divisions arriving as reinforcements should not be detached from their parent corps/armies upon the conclusion of combat.

(in reply to 1LTRambo)
Post #: 6
RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? - 12/15/2007 4:03:25 AM   
1LTRambo

I've never had anything more than a single division show up as a reinforcement. I fully agree with you that reinforcements needs to be fixed though. I hate it when I have to watch helplessly as one of my units gets left behind and then smashed by an enemy unit passing through after the original battle. I will have to pay more attention to the larger reinforcements. I always play with my armies going in different directions and normally not co-located. That maybe why I have not seen units crossing like this.

(in reply to semper fi)
Post #: 7
RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? - 12/15/2007 6:50:00 AM   
semper fi

I always try to keep my armies/corps in close proximity to each other (1 x province away). This way they are mutually supporting in case one gets jumped on by the enemy. Napoleon, in maneuvering his Grande Armee, always had his corps within a days march of each other for that very reason. Anyway, I hope they fix this issue...

(in reply to 1LTRambo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI