Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forcible access and AI madness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Forcible access and AI madness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forcible access and AI madness - 12/15/2007 11:16:40 PM   
nappy

I think I may have another Bug.

AS is at war with PR but it has an enforced peace with FR and NO access. However, this isn't stopping As from miving into Silesia. Now according to the boardgame rule (10.3) and the manual (13.4.1 Access) it shoudl not be able to. Yet, I seem to remeber there was some obscure addendum (the General?) which allowed Forcible access for a PP hit and possiible immediate DoW. Nonetheless Austria seems to be breaking some rules here.

Don't worry. I have painful lesson in mind for him...

Secondly, this save/image also point out a big issue with the AI.. two powers have stacks close together - but they just send in one corps w/ their leader (who gets nuked). It is almost like the logic is Attack With (Mystack total-their stack est. total), as if BOTH are holding the stacks in reserve and duking it out with the surplus troops.

Naps

< Message edited by nappy -- 12/15/2007 11:19:33 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Forcible access and AI madness - 12/16/2007 1:45:27 AM   
Marshall Ellis

It does look odd. If Aus and FR are NOT at war then I agree that this shouldn't have happened???
Can you send me this game?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to nappy)
Post #: 2
RE: Forcible access and AI madness - 12/16/2007 1:55:23 AM   
Suvorov928

Actually, that screen shot does not show a Conq marker on Sliesia.  It shows a Conq marker on Lausitz.  I don't think there is a problem here.  You need to check your game and see what the status of Silesia is.  Who owns it or is it nuetral?

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
RE: Forcible access and AI madness - 12/16/2007 2:06:56 AM   
DodgyDave

it is marked as belonging to someone else, i take it that France took it from Prussia, but i notished something similar, as turkey i took transylvania from austria, but when i click it now, it says stuff about austria like at war with russia, so did wonder if that means russia could actually take the provience from me or even move inside it, but not come that far as Russia is standing still.

(in reply to Suvorov928)
Post #: 4
RE: Forcible access and AI madness - 12/16/2007 2:29:13 AM   
nappy

As far as I know .. I (France) own it and it is coloured conq blue. I was ceded as a part of the peace treaty back in "05 when I taught Prussia the benefits of walking funny. But you are right I never noticed the lack of conq flag - I dont thing conquered provinced get them in the PC version.

I will send the saves to you Marshall asap.

Naps

(in reply to Suvorov928)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Forcible access and AI madness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI