Forcible access and AI madness (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

nappy -> Forcible access and AI madness (12/15/2007 11:16:40 PM)

I think I may have another Bug.

[image]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3596/asforcedfs6.jpg[/image]

AS is at war with PR but it has an enforced peace with FR and NO access. However, this isn't stopping As from miving into Silesia. Now according to the boardgame rule (10.3) and the manual (13.4.1 Access) it shoudl not be able to. Yet, I seem to remeber there was some obscure addendum (the General?) which allowed Forcible access for a PP hit and possiible immediate DoW. Nonetheless Austria seems to be breaking some rules here.

Don't worry. I have painful lesson in mind for him...

Secondly, this save/image also point out a big issue with the AI.. two powers have stacks close together - but they just send in one corps w/ their leader (who gets nuked). It is almost like the logic is Attack With (Mystack total-their stack est. total), as if BOTH are holding the stacks in reserve and duking it out with the surplus troops.

Naps

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Forcible access and AI madness (12/16/2007 1:45:27 AM)

It does look odd. If Aus and FR are NOT at war then I agree that this shouldn't have happened???
Can you send me this game?

Suvorov928 -> RE: Forcible access and AI madness (12/16/2007 1:55:23 AM)

Actually, that screen shot does not show a Conq marker on Sliesia.  It shows a Conq marker on Lausitz.  I don't think there is a problem here.  You need to check your game and see what the status of Silesia is.  Who owns it or is it nuetral?

DodgyDave -> RE: Forcible access and AI madness (12/16/2007 2:06:56 AM)

it is marked as belonging to someone else, i take it that France took it from Prussia, but i notished something similar, as turkey i took transylvania from austria, but when i click it now, it says stuff about austria like at war with russia, so did wonder if that means russia could actually take the provience from me or even move inside it, but not come that far as Russia is standing still.

nappy -> RE: Forcible access and AI madness (12/16/2007 2:29:13 AM)

As far as I know .. I (France) own it and it is coloured conq blue. I was ceded as a part of the peace treaty back in "05 when I taught Prussia the benefits of walking funny. [sm=terms.gif] But you are right I never noticed the lack of conq flag - I dont thing conquered provinced get them in the PC version.

I will send the saves to you Marshall asap.

Naps

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI