Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Lack of information screeens

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: Lack of information screeens Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/14/2007 2:59:53 AM   
Mynok

He would not know accurately, because none of the reporting was accurate. I have no problem with reporting casualty figures and men involved as long they are randomly falsified by at least 30%.

(in reply to petter26)
Post #: 31
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/14/2007 3:14:56 AM   
Odysseus

HoI2 has settings for this kinda stuff: the player gets to decide what types of information should be presented in alert windows, and what will simply remain in the general mass of scrolling text. It can't be that hard to create a similar functionality, can it?

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 32
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/14/2007 10:37:58 AM   
Micke II

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

I think that only the most important informations must be put to the knowledge of the other players.
Results of big battles winner/loser and casualities on each side
The format could be a table at the end of each month.

Absolutely not. You will destroy the Fog of War. I would not upload any patch that did this.

It's not exactly what is commonly adopted for the definition of FOW. FOW is all informations hidden to the other players before a fight. But when a battle is finished the outcome of the battle + casualities is no more FOW but public information.
One week after the Austerlitz battle, all Europe was aware of the results.

quote:

Declarations of war
Capture of towns

This information is provided in the events screen.

I don't see to which screens you are refering exactly ? Could you provide an example ? Thanks

< Message edited by Micke II -- 12/14/2007 10:38:10 AM >

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 33
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/14/2007 7:52:41 PM   
Murat

I suck at paint but here:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Micke II)
Post #: 34
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/14/2007 9:18:31 PM   
Micke II

Yes I know this screen, but as it has already pointed out the flow of informations appearing here is almost useless.
You have a mix of informations mixing "turkish corps foraging in Syria" with loss of political points for reasons which are sometime unclear.
If we take the example shown on the screen you provided, first you have to search on the map where is area 12. During the play of the land phase of GB, we have no automatic scroll where the battle has occured.
I think it could be easy to produce for each phase a window showing what have been the outcomes of the phase during the month.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 35
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/14/2007 11:15:30 PM   
Mynok

Having area names instead of numbers would help that screen tremendously. I, for one, do NOT want a large number of popup screens.

(in reply to Micke II)
Post #: 36
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/15/2007 12:09:21 AM   
Grognot

"Area #NNN (in Crimea, Russia)"
would identify the location reasonably quickly (given that 'Crimea, Russia' narrows it down considerably) without having to come up with non-numerical names for each place.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 37
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/15/2007 12:43:11 AM   
Murat

You can right click on that window and save it into Notepad if you want to see everything. I think naming areas may be possible (as I pointed out elsewhere Area 51 is Sarragossa, Spain so it has a name) but I will let a dev take on that one.

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 38
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/15/2007 12:52:44 AM   
Mynok

Good point...I forgot some areas are nameless wasteland...  I like the idea of Area ### (near/in Province/city/port/etc).

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 39
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/16/2007 6:32:22 AM   
Thresh

quote:

They knew that france had won and austria-russia had lost. they did not know exact numbers, corps composition, and the like.

thresh

(in reply to Micke II)
Post #: 40
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/16/2007 6:42:10 AM   
nappy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thresh

quote:

They knew that france had won and austria-russia had lost. they did not know exact numbers, corps composition, and the like.

thresh

Not even today we dont have 100% exact numbers but they a a LOT better idea than "France beat Russia and Austria Somewhere"

Naps

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 41
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/16/2007 7:05:26 AM   
Alan_Bernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Having area names instead of numbers would help that screen tremendously. I, for one, do NOT want a large number of popup screens.

Pop-ups just clutter things up. I'd like to see actual name places-- instead of this or that Area-- and when double-clicking on the event in the scroll, the ability to go right to the event in question.

Even when you bring up the list of your forces and select to zoom to unit, it strangely enough does not go directly to the unit but just to the unit's general area.

Alan

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 42
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/16/2007 11:31:48 AM   
Donegal

Instead of popup screen i miss some things in the log. Here are some ideas:
-Different color font for each mayor country.
-Double click in the log line and the screen zoom to the thing happened
- I find a bit difficult to track the opponent movements. Border the unit is moving in a different colour would be great too
I think these things would be useful. Just a couple of ideas

(in reply to Alan_Bernardo)
Post #: 43
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/16/2007 4:53:16 PM   
nappy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Donegal

Instead of popup screen i miss some things in the log. Here are some ideas:
-Different color font for each mayor country.
-Double click in the log line and the screen zoom to the thing happened
- I find a bit difficult to track the opponent movements. Border the unit is moving in a different colour would be great too
I think these things would be useful. Just a couple of ideas

If this was proglamed as a modidfied standard VisualC ActiveX listbox - seperate colours may not be poissible - but Maybe some kind of CAPS for the countries like PRUSSIA denied access to RUSSIA. However, if it is a listbox though it makes the "click" and zoom a possibly neat idea. I agree the movement sometimes is too fast and easily lost. Maybe a "highlight moving corps/fleet " and a slight pause per area is a way to do this.

Naps

(in reply to Donegal)
Post #: 44
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/16/2007 11:29:38 PM   
praem

I agree 100% there should be a clear statement the moment some one agree to peace terms with your MP. As Austria I find my self going through reeinforcements not knowing france gave up the figth, and my few factors should be deployed against Turkey...

If an ally pulls out of a combined war, or breaks the alliance with me, going to war against a former ally, i'd like to know rigth away.

(in reply to petter26)
Post #: 45
RE: Lack of information screeens - 12/17/2007 12:11:55 AM   
tgb

The more I think about it the more I think having splash screens for killed/injured leaders and nothing else is silly. Either have them for all important events, or not at all.

(in reply to praem)
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: Lack of information screeens Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI