Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ottoman Empire Bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Ottoman Empire Bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ottoman Empire Bugs - 12/24/2007 3:52:38 AM   
Filmstudy

1. As Turkey, Ottoman morale did not increase to 2.0 for Infantry and 3.0 for Cav.
2. Ottoman units cannot exchange factors. Well, they can if you put the infantry factors through a garrison, but I can't, even during a reinforcement phase, exchange Ottoman cav factors between units.
Post #: 1
RE: Ottoman Empire Bugs - 12/24/2007 3:59:01 PM   
Marshall Ellis

We should have these fixed in the 1.01 patch!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Filmstudy)
Post #: 2
RE: Ottoman Empire Bugs - 12/25/2007 5:18:13 PM   
boethos

Also according to the original rules if you have created the Ottoman empire without controlling all the possible minors, then later you conquer one of those minors, that minor MUST be made part of the Ottoman empire on the New Political Combinations step.  Not only was I not required to do this, but I couldn't find any way to make it happen even when I wanted to.  Clicking the 'Create Kingdom' button just gave the message 'You cannot create this kingdom.'

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
RE: Ottoman Empire Bugs - 12/25/2007 10:48:58 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: boethos

Also according to the original rules if you have created the Ottoman empire without controlling all the possible minors, then later you conquer one of those minors, that minor MUST be made part of the Ottoman empire on the New Political Combinations step.  Not only was I not required to do this, but I couldn't find any way to make it happen even when I wanted to.  Clicking the 'Create Kingdom' button just gave the message 'You cannot create this kingdom.'

Sorry, EiANW purposely deviates (a programming restriction) from the original EiA rules and will not allow players to add more components to a kingdom once created.

Richard

(in reply to boethos)
Post #: 4
RE: Ottoman Empire Bugs - 12/26/2007 1:52:25 AM   
yammahoper

In other words, it/this option bugged the game up so bad they had to get rid of it

yamma

< Message edited by yammahoper@yahoo.com -- 12/26/2007 1:53:33 AM >

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 5
RE: Ottoman Empire Bugs - 12/26/2007 4:31:51 AM   
Mynok

That really hurts Turkey. Is it really that big of a programming issue to be able to add minors to a kingdom?

(in reply to yammahoper)
Post #: 6
RE: Ottoman Empire Bugs - 12/26/2007 3:00:33 PM   
j-s

I was wondering the same thing, trying to add Morocco to OE when playing Turkey.

This is a big problem to turkey, as told before. Becouse of this, Turkey can be stopped to form OE by conquering one minor (Egypt ect). It's too hard to Turkey, that they should control all africa before they have an idea to form OE. Shame, shame, too much "corrections" in rules...

I really hope, that this can be fixed in updates.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 7
RE: Ottoman Empire Bugs - 12/30/2007 5:10:25 PM   
dodod

is it possible to program a re-"creation of kingdom during econ phase?" so that you can add it that way?

(in reply to j-s)
Post #: 8
RE: Ottoman Empire Bugs - 12/30/2007 6:43:31 PM   
DodgyDave

j-s think its worse then that, lets say you have formed it all, then england comes to steal away algeria from you, even if you get that one, back, unless the option is returned so you can readd it, you still will be lacking it, so OE is pretty worthless :/

(in reply to dodod)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Ottoman Empire Bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI