Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WHo commands what?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> WHo commands what? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WHo commands what? - 12/28/2007 6:51:32 AM   
madgamer2

I have been playing for awhile and when I play the Allies I wonder do most of you play ALL the different areas? I have my hands full so I give the computer the north, and all of china. I was just wondering if I am alone in this respect

Lawrence
Post #: 1
RE: WHo commands what? - 12/28/2007 7:12:49 AM   
RUPD3658

Trust nothing to the computer.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 2
RE: WHo commands what? - 12/28/2007 9:24:15 AM   
rockmedic109

When you play against the AI, the computer is your enemy.  Would you let your enemy have control of any of your forces?

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 3
RE: WHo commands what? - 12/28/2007 10:41:39 AM   
doktorakula

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 4
RE: WHo commands what? - 12/28/2007 1:13:49 PM   
wdolson

Setting up automatic zones has never worked very well.  Most people on the forum play all areas.

I have a pattern of places to check each turn so I deal with everywhere that needs attention.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to doktorakula)
Post #: 5
RE: WHo commands what? - 12/28/2007 1:49:13 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

i would strongly agree with this... trusting ANYTHING to the computer can (and probably will) get you a disaster... you might think by putting (say) China under the AI control, that it will effect only China... not true!!

Suddenly you will find TFs in the SW Pacific behaving strangely or some other such nonsense... if you give control of ANYTHING (including subs) to the AI, surely bad things will follow sometime and somewhere when and where you least expect it.

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 6
RE: WHo commands what? - 12/28/2007 9:42:50 PM   
madgamer2

(GULP!!) well I may have to go back to playing the old version of the game. If I have everything under my control I am not sure what I should do In China. In the Indies I generally put a lot of guy in a couple of cities with as much supply as I can. I would not even know what to move in china and where to make a stand, but given some strange things happen in other WinP games I will just have to do it myself but if you can pm me with a few tips on CHina and the North Pacific that would be great.

Lawrence

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 7
RE: WHo commands what? - 12/28/2007 9:48:38 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: madgamer

(GULP!!) well I may have to go back to playing the old version of the game. If I have everything under my control I am not sure what I should do In China. In the Indies I generally put a lot of guy in a couple of cities with as much supply as I can. I would not even know what to move in china and where to make a stand, but given some strange things happen in other WinP games I will just have to do it myself but if you can pm me with a few tips on CHina and the North Pacific that would be great.

Lawrence

You get used to it. I know it sounds overwhelming, but its really not. If you're playing the AI it's not very aggressive in China anyway, so don't sweat it.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 8
RE: WHo commands what? - 12/29/2007 1:56:15 AM   
wwengr

quote:

ORIGINAL: madgamer

Lawrence

Read the "Must Read Threads" on China. This will give you an idea. Early in the war, it is a matter of preventing loss of territory and managing supplies. Make string front lines with reserve forces just behind the lines. Use Divisions ad garrisions in the rear. Put out flankers to force the Japanese to mak opposed river crossings where ever possible. Rush a large force into Changsha and make him fight for it. Building fortififications on the front line is tempting, but China is always short on supplies. Do it carefully and don't overspend. Build a couple of good airbases in the rear.

I have been inputting my orders for the campaign game first turn since July 4, 2009. I'm getting close. In another month or two, I might be able to run the turn!

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 9
RE: WHo commands what? - 12/29/2007 2:38:37 AM   
hvymtl13

No man it's cool to put say china on AI control while you are learning and starting a new campaign. While your getting a grip on the mecahnics and some strategy put them on AI and worry with Pacific and Burma. Sideline is North Pac, can also be put on AI for awhile then taken back later in campaign. You don't have to win, just get a feel for the game at first. If you do win anyways that's even better. It you are a pacwar player it won't be that hard to cross over. Take your time and enjoy the scenery before you play all out just for the Win.

(in reply to wwengr)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> WHo commands what? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI