Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Observations and advice on possible strategies input requested

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> The War Room >> Observations and advice on possible strategies input requested Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Observations and advice on possible strategies input re... - 12/29/2007 7:58:38 AM   
Grandpa Troll

I love this game, very innovative and it does challenge me.

I was wondering, if I am not going to go Naval for purposes of taking out convoys, then I am concentrating on a ground war.

My question is about me being the Axis, should I build up some strategic bombers and take those pesky aircraft in England that keep attacking my buildup along Frances borders and the Belgium and Dutch borders?

Next strategy is in this game, will 100% armor suffice on a groud game or should I use Mechanized Infantry and ground troops as well?

Third, what is best way when engaging USSR, to avoid loosing troops due to weather? (or is this just one of those things and go with it and accept the losses?)

Thanks

Looking forward to hearing feedback from the more experienced amongst you all!!

Grandpa Troll

These are the good old days
Post #: 1
RE: Observations and advice on possible strategies inpu... - 12/29/2007 12:51:10 PM   
IainMcNeil

A lot depends on whether you are using the oil rules or not. Armour heavy armies can grind to a halt if you use up too much oil. I tend to focus on teh ground war and leave the naval stuff as a skirmish but other people go heavily naval so you just need a combination of strategies that work together.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Grandpa Troll)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> The War Room >> Observations and advice on possible strategies input requested Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI