Observations and advice on possible strategies input requested (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> The War Room

Grandpa Troll -> Observations and advice on possible strategies input requested (12/29/2007 7:58:38 AM)

I love this game, very innovative and it does challenge me.

I was wondering, if I am not going to go Naval for purposes of taking out convoys, then I am concentrating on a ground war.

My question is about me being the Axis, should I build up some strategic bombers and take those pesky aircraft in England that keep attacking my buildup along Frances borders and the Belgium and Dutch borders?

Next strategy is in this game, will 100% armor suffice on a groud game or should I use Mechanized Infantry and ground troops as well?

Third, what is best way when engaging USSR, to avoid loosing troops due to weather? (or is this just one of those things and go with it and accept the losses?)

Thanks

Looking forward to hearing feedback from the more experienced amongst you all!!

Grandpa Troll

IainMcNeil -> RE: Observations and advice on possible strategies input requested (12/29/2007 12:51:10 PM)

A lot depends on whether you are using the oil rules or not. Armour heavy armies can grind to a halt if you use up too much oil. I tend to focus on teh ground war and leave the naval stuff as a skirmish but other people go heavily naval so you just need a combination of strategies that work together.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI