Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/30/2007 7:29:34 PM   
fw1206

Some minutes ago i had a battle between 5 turkish feudal inf corps and Bagration with II, III and IV russian corps. I know that II and III russian corps MAY have cav, but the did not have any during this battle. But then i saw Cavalry Bonus on the russian side .

This should be impossible

How can anyone have Cavalry Bonus when the fight is 41 inf turks agains 26 inf + 7 mil russians

[image] [/image]

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/30/2007 11:19:13 PM   
Monadman

Not good, looks like more then one problem too. We will squeeze this fix into the 1.01 patch.

Thanks

Richard

(in reply to fw1206)
Post #: 2
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/31/2007 4:44:33 AM   
Thresh

Could be a programmin glitch whereing its displaying the cav bonus instead of the tactical bonus you are supposed to be getting.

Not sure why your trying to withdraw on a '2'

Todd

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 3
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/31/2007 7:04:07 AM   
Jimmer

Don't forget that there were (in the boardgame -- I can't find my rulebook right now) TWO cavalry "bonuses". The first was for having twice as many as the other guy. The second was for having a cavalry leader (it was only used in pursuits, if I recall correctly).

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 4
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/31/2007 7:37:41 AM   
AresMars

Jimmer you are correct - those where the two "bonuses" from the game.

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/31/2007 9:53:09 AM   
zaquex

It needs to be made more obvious wich leaders are cav leaders i still havent figured out how to recognise who is.

If i recall right Murat is in the original game, I also think that Turkey and Russia are supposed to have Cav leaders cant recall who atm though.

(in reply to AresMars)
Post #: 6
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/31/2007 11:02:46 AM   
fw1206

Jimmer, i agree to you. I also played the board game. But no Cavalry -> no Cavalry Bonus AND no pursuit after combat.
But i played the turks, not the russians. And tactical rating 0 (me) agains 4 (Bagration) should also be a -1 for me and +1 for the russians.
I did not wonder about the +1, i wondered about the Cavalry Bonus. Normally there should appear a "tactical bonus" like in other battles.
But fortunately AI chose withdraw which failed so i won this battle.

(by the way, it was september and i captioned moscow, so that the russians surrendered unconditionally , easy AI = sometimes dumb AI)

(in reply to zaquex)
Post #: 7
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/31/2007 6:00:33 PM   
Jimmer

I see what you mean.

I guess I have to look more closely at the manual and your picture. The real question in my post is whether that square box that says "Cavalry Bonus <star>" meant there was potential pursuit. Don't forget that you might want to know that if there are potential reinforcing corps around. For instance, the Grand Vizier that includes all three feudal cav corps. Khan and Ali are sitting next to another Turkish pile of bodies next door. Khan and Ali's pile currently have six corps in it, none of which has any cav factors. The enemy, likewise, has no cavalry. Turkey might elect to have the Grand Vizier reinforce, even though that would lower the force's commander rating dramatically, simply because there are cav with the Grand Vizier, and Turkey has outchitted and badly out-rolled his opponent in round one. In this case the potential gains in pursuit of having the cav might outweight the poorer non-pursuit die roll he is about to make.

My big problem is that, here at work, I can't remember whether that "cavalry bonus" marker in the battle window means "+1" during main combat, or "+1" during pursuit.

(in reply to fw1206)
Post #: 8
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/31/2007 6:55:57 PM   
Thresh

But the cav leader bonus only applied on the pursuit rules.

Having Murat as a commander would not give you a plus unless the enemy he was fighting had a tactical rating lower than his.

In land comabt, the most you can add to your roll, in the boardgame at least, was +1.

Todd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimmer

Don't forget that there were (in the boardgame -- I can't find my rulebook right now) TWO cavalry "bonuses". The first was for having twice as many as the other guy. The second was for having a cavalry leader (it was only used in pursuits, if I recall correctly).

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 9
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/31/2007 7:01:16 PM   
Thresh

If you have twice as many Cav as your opponent, you get a +1 to your roll.

If you have a Cav leader, if your eligible for pursuit, you add +1 to the pursuit roll.

Combat losses and reinforcements can affect the cav bonus in combat.

Todd

quote:

I see what you mean.

I guess I have to look more closely at the manual and your picture. The real question in my post is whether that square box that says "Cavalry Bonus <star>" meant there was potential pursuit. Don't forget that you might want to know that if there are potential reinforcing corps around. For instance, the Grand Vizier that includes all three feudal cav corps. Khan and Ali are sitting next to another Turkish pile of bodies next door. Khan and Ali's pile currently have six corps in it, none of which has any cav factors. The enemy, likewise, has no cavalry. Turkey might elect to have the Grand Vizier reinforce, even though that would lower the force's commander rating dramatically, simply because there are cav with the Grand Vizier, and Turkey has outchitted and badly out-rolled his opponent in round one. In this case the potential gains in pursuit of having the cav might outweight the poorer non-pursuit die roll he is about to make.

My big problem is that, here at work, I can't remember whether that "cavalry bonus" marker in the battle window means "+1" during main combat, or "+1" during pursuit.

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 10
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/31/2007 7:34:46 PM   
zaquex

And a cav leader in a stack will use his bonus in pursuit even if he is not in command what i remember

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 11
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 12/31/2007 10:42:02 PM   
Thresh

True, which is why you stick Murat with Napoleon.

Todd

quote:

ORIGINAL: zaquex

And a cav leader in a stack will use his bonus in pursuit even if he is not in command what i remember

(in reply to zaquex)
Post #: 12
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 1/1/2008 9:46:07 AM   
Jimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thresh

But the cav leader bonus only applied on the pursuit rules.

Having Murat as a commander would not give you a plus unless the enemy he was fighting had a tactical rating lower than his.

In land comabt, the most you can add to your roll, in the boardgame at least, was +1.

Todd

quote:

True. However, the bonus labeled in the opening poster's picture says "Cavalry Bonus", not "Cavalry Leader". And, even with the manual, I can't find a description of this icon on the battle screen. Plus, I can't recall exactly, but was Bagration a cav leader? If so, then this would be the cavalry pursuit modifier, not the main battle modifier.

Of course, in either case, it's useless unless he gets reinforcements (with cav).

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 13
RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry - 1/1/2008 12:56:48 PM   
fw1206

In the board game only Murat (France), Blucher(Prussia) and Kushanz Ali (Turkey) are cavalry leaders.
Spain, Russia, Great Britan and Austria did not have any cavalry leader.

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI