Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

fw1206 -> Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/30/2007 7:29:34 PM)

Some minutes ago i had a battle between 5 turkish feudal inf corps and Bagration with II, III and IV russian corps. I know that II and III russian corps MAY have cav, but the did not have any during this battle. But then i saw Cavalry Bonus on the russian side [X(].

This should be impossible [:-]

How can anyone have Cavalry Bonus when the fight is 41 inf turks agains 26 inf + 7 mil russians [&:]

[image] [/image]

[image]local://upfiles/13945/11D15FB18F4C4CDFB12CDFA0AB247CDB.jpg[/image]

Monadman -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/30/2007 11:19:13 PM)

Not good, looks like more then one problem too. We will squeeze this fix into the 1.01 patch.

Thanks

Richard

Thresh -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/31/2007 4:44:33 AM)

Could be a programmin glitch whereing its displaying the cav bonus instead of the tactical bonus you are supposed to be getting.

Not sure why your trying to withdraw on a '2' [;)]

Todd

Jimmer -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/31/2007 7:04:07 AM)

Don't forget that there were (in the boardgame -- I can't find my rulebook right now) TWO cavalry "bonuses". The first was for having twice as many as the other guy. The second was for having a cavalry leader (it was only used in pursuits, if I recall correctly).

AresMars -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/31/2007 7:37:41 AM)

Jimmer you are correct - those where the two "bonuses" from the game.

zaquex -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/31/2007 9:53:09 AM)

It needs to be made more obvious wich leaders are cav leaders i still havent figured out how to recognise who is.

If i recall right Murat is in the original game, I also think that Turkey and Russia are supposed to have Cav leaders cant recall who atm though.

fw1206 -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/31/2007 11:02:46 AM)

Jimmer, i agree to you. I also played the board game. But no Cavalry -> no Cavalry Bonus AND no pursuit after combat.
But i played the turks, not the russians. And tactical rating 0 (me) agains 4 (Bagration) should also be a -1 for me and +1 for the russians.
I did not wonder about the +1, i wondered about the Cavalry Bonus. Normally there should appear a "tactical bonus" like in other battles.
But fortunately AI chose withdraw which failed [:D] so i won this battle.

(by the way, it was september and i captioned moscow, so that the russians surrendered unconditionally [&o], easy AI = sometimes dumb AI)

Jimmer -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/31/2007 6:00:33 PM)

I see what you mean.

I guess I have to look more closely at the manual and your picture. The real question in my post is whether that square box that says "Cavalry Bonus <star>" meant there was potential pursuit. Don't forget that you might want to know that if there are potential reinforcing corps around. For instance, the Grand Vizier that includes all three feudal cav corps. Khan and Ali are sitting next to another Turkish pile of bodies next door. Khan and Ali's pile currently have six corps in it, none of which has any cav factors. The enemy, likewise, has no cavalry. Turkey might elect to have the Grand Vizier reinforce, even though that would lower the force's commander rating dramatically, simply because there are cav with the Grand Vizier, and Turkey has outchitted and badly out-rolled his opponent in round one. In this case the potential gains in pursuit of having the cav might outweight the poorer non-pursuit die roll he is about to make.

My big problem is that, here at work, I can't remember whether that "cavalry bonus" marker in the battle window means "+1" during main combat, or "+1" during pursuit.

Thresh -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/31/2007 6:55:57 PM)

But the cav leader bonus only applied on the pursuit rules.

Having Murat as a commander would not give you a plus unless the enemy he was fighting had a tactical rating lower than his.

In land comabt, the most you can add to your roll, in the boardgame at least, was +1.

Todd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimmer

Don't forget that there were (in the boardgame -- I can't find my rulebook right now) TWO cavalry "bonuses". The first was for having twice as many as the other guy. The second was for having a cavalry leader (it was only used in pursuits, if I recall correctly).

Thresh -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/31/2007 7:01:16 PM)

If you have twice as many Cav as your opponent, you get a +1 to your roll.

If you have a Cav leader, if your eligible for pursuit, you add +1 to the pursuit roll.

Combat losses and reinforcements can affect the cav bonus in combat.

Todd

quote:

I see what you mean.

I guess I have to look more closely at the manual and your picture. The real question in my post is whether that square box that says "Cavalry Bonus <star>" meant there was potential pursuit. Don't forget that you might want to know that if there are potential reinforcing corps around. For instance, the Grand Vizier that includes all three feudal cav corps. Khan and Ali are sitting next to another Turkish pile of bodies next door. Khan and Ali's pile currently have six corps in it, none of which has any cav factors. The enemy, likewise, has no cavalry. Turkey might elect to have the Grand Vizier reinforce, even though that would lower the force's commander rating dramatically, simply because there are cav with the Grand Vizier, and Turkey has outchitted and badly out-rolled his opponent in round one. In this case the potential gains in pursuit of having the cav might outweight the poorer non-pursuit die roll he is about to make.

My big problem is that, here at work, I can't remember whether that "cavalry bonus" marker in the battle window means "+1" during main combat, or "+1" during pursuit.

zaquex -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/31/2007 7:34:46 PM)

And a cav leader in a stack will use his bonus in pursuit even if he is not in command what i remember

Thresh -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (12/31/2007 10:42:02 PM)

True, which is why you stick Murat with Napoleon.

Todd

quote:

ORIGINAL: zaquex

And a cav leader in a stack will use his bonus in pursuit even if he is not in command what i remember

Jimmer -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (1/1/2008 9:46:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thresh

But the cav leader bonus only applied on the pursuit rules.

Having Murat as a commander would not give you a plus unless the enemy he was fighting had a tactical rating lower than his.

In land comabt, the most you can add to your roll, in the boardgame at least, was +1.

Todd

quote:

True. However, the bonus labeled in the opening poster's picture says "Cavalry Bonus", not "Cavalry Leader". And, even with the manual, I can't find a description of this icon on the battle screen. Plus, I can't recall exactly, but was Bagration a cav leader? If so, then this would be the cavalry pursuit modifier, not the main battle modifier.

Of course, in either case, it's useless unless he gets reinforcements (with cav).

fw1206 -> RE: Cavalry Bonus without Cavalry (1/1/2008 12:56:48 PM)

In the board game only Murat (France), Blucher(Prussia) and Kushanz Ali (Turkey) are cavalry leaders.
Spain, Russia, Great Britan and Austria did not have any cavalry leader.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI