Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where to units retreat to if they came from a fort?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Where to units retreat to if they came from a fort? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where to units retreat to if they came from a fort? - 1/4/2008 11:41:56 PM   
eric_rocks

I just downloaded this game yesterday. I suppose I could just test this myself, but does anyone know where units retreat to if they are initially part of a garrison? The manual has conflicting information:

Page 55 - "Units in a fort are available to participate in any battles in the province. They do not retreat to a nearby province if the battle is lost, but instead retreat back into the fort."

Page 63 - "if the player loses the combat, they will retreat from the province with his other forces, abandoning the city or fort they came from."

Thanks for your help.

Eric
Post #: 1
RE: Where to units retreat to if they came from a fort? - 1/5/2008 8:55:47 AM   
ericbabe

On page 63, the error in the manual is that units from forts need not be rallied from the fort and so fort units do not follow the retreat rules in 3.1.4.

In general:

Garrisons in cities must be rallied to battle as in 3.1.4 and these can retreat to another province if you lose the battle.
Units in forts will always show up in battle as defenders but these will return to their forts after the battle.

(in reply to eric_rocks)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Where to units retreat to if they came from a fort? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI