Where to units retreat to if they came from a fort? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

eric_rocks -> Where to units retreat to if they came from a fort? (1/4/2008 11:41:56 PM)

I just downloaded this game yesterday. I suppose I could just test this myself, but does anyone know where units retreat to if they are initially part of a garrison? The manual has conflicting information:

Page 55 - "Units in a fort are available to participate in any battles in the province. They do not retreat to a nearby province if the battle is lost, but instead retreat back into the fort."

Page 63 - "if the player loses the combat, they will retreat from the province with his other forces, abandoning the city or fort they came from."

Thanks for your help.

Eric

ericbabe -> RE: Where to units retreat to if they came from a fort? (1/5/2008 8:55:47 AM)

On page 63, the error in the manual is that units from forts need not be rallied from the fort and so fort units do not follow the retreat rules in 3.1.4.

In general:

Garrisons in cities must be rallied to battle as in 3.1.4 and these can retreat to another province if you lose the battle.
Units in forts will always show up in battle as defenders but these will return to their forts after the battle.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI