Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander - 1/6/2008 2:25:36 PM   
fw1206

In combats with a turkish leader you can get a morale bonus if assault/esc assault agains counter/esc counter.
But here, the single albanian feudal corps without any leader got the morale bonus.

[image][/image]

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander - 1/6/2008 8:17:46 PM   
ndrose

I believe this is correct. The corps are considered to have their own (unnamed) leaders, who supply the intrinsic S/T ratings of the corps, and are of the given nationality. So any Turkish force would have a Turkish leader.

The reason the manual puts it in terms of the leader and not just the force is that it derives from the boardgame, in which allies could combine, sharing corps and leaders. So that you might have Turkish corps under a Prussian leader, or a joint Turko-Prussian force, or a Turko-Prussian-Austrian force under Wellington....

EiANW doesn't yet have true combined movement, though there is a corps-on-loan feature, so something like that could still come up. But for the most part, the leader is whatever nationality the corps is.

Nathan Rose

(in reply to fw1206)
Post #: 2
RE: Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander - 1/7/2008 4:47:19 PM   
Marshall Ellis

This is correct!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 3
RE: Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander - 1/7/2008 5:38:00 PM   
carnifex

quote:

ORIGINAL: ndrose

So that you might have Turkish corps under a Prussian leader, or a joint Turko-Prussian force, or a Turko-Prussian-Austrian force under Wellington....

Just to clarify in the boardgame you couldn't have a pure Turko-Prussian-Austrian force under Wellington because there would have to be a British corps in the mix. But yeah.

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 4
RE: Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander - 1/8/2008 12:55:01 AM   
Jimmer

I must say I like this way of doing it better, at least while playing Turkey. :) The rules (including the old, boardgame, rules) are somewhat ambiguous. The terms "leader" and "commander" are seemingly used interchangably. The Turkish and Russian entries use the word "leader". The Austrian one uses "commander". The problem is that BOTH words apply to the leaders with three numbers.  For example, Nappy is a 5-5-6 "leader". WHEN he is in charge of corps, he is also a "commander".

I think that the original authors of the AH version messed up when they wrote this. The same wording is used in the EiANW manual.

I haven't checked whether Russian and/or Austrian forces also get this bonus (under the respective chit choices, of course). It seems to me that all three should count whether with a named leader or just the unnamed corps commander.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI