Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

fw1206 -> Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander (1/6/2008 2:25:36 PM)

In combats with a turkish leader you can get a morale bonus if assault/esc assault agains counter/esc counter.
But here, the single albanian feudal corps without any leader got the morale bonus.

[image][/image]

[image]local://upfiles/13945/F9D6FDE3DC3E4D35963E4A2996284154.jpg[/image]

ndrose -> RE: Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander (1/6/2008 8:17:46 PM)

I believe this is correct. The corps are considered to have their own (unnamed) leaders, who supply the intrinsic S/T ratings of the corps, and are of the given nationality. So any Turkish force would have a Turkish leader.

The reason the manual puts it in terms of the leader and not just the force is that it derives from the boardgame, in which allies could combine, sharing corps and leaders. So that you might have Turkish corps under a Prussian leader, or a joint Turko-Prussian force, or a Turko-Prussian-Austrian force under Wellington....

EiANW doesn't yet have true combined movement, though there is a corps-on-loan feature, so something like that could still come up. But for the most part, the leader is whatever nationality the corps is.

Nathan Rose

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander (1/7/2008 4:47:19 PM)

This is correct!

carnifex -> RE: Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander (1/7/2008 5:38:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ndrose

So that you might have Turkish corps under a Prussian leader, or a joint Turko-Prussian force, or a Turko-Prussian-Austrian force under Wellington....

Just to clarify in the boardgame you couldn't have a pure Turko-Prussian-Austrian force under Wellington because there would have to be a British corps in the mix. But yeah.

Jimmer -> RE: Monale Bonus without Turkish Commander (1/8/2008 12:55:01 AM)

I must say I like this way of doing it better, at least while playing Turkey. :) The rules (including the old, boardgame, rules) are somewhat ambiguous. The terms "leader" and "commander" are seemingly used interchangably. The Turkish and Russian entries use the word "leader". The Austrian one uses "commander". The problem is that BOTH words apply to the leaders with three numbers.  For example, Nappy is a 5-5-6 "leader". WHEN he is in charge of corps, he is also a "commander".

I think that the original authors of the AH version messed up when they wrote this. The same wording is used in the EiANW manual.

I haven't checked whether Russian and/or Austrian forces also get this bonus (under the respective chit choices, of course). It seems to me that all three should count whether with a named leader or just the unnamed corps commander.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI