Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Correct me if I'm wrong...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Mods and Scenarios >> Correct me if I'm wrong... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Correct me if I'm wrong... - 1/9/2008 4:50:50 PM   
Peeking Duck?

Firstly, I've read through I believe every thread in the modding forum and no one has mentioned this. I would like to separate the WA. If this has already been in another mod please can you point me there, or if it is impossible then please help me not waste precious time. After reading the modding bits in the manual it seems this could be done, although with quite a bit of effort. If I can not separate the two as I have suggested, then what are the alternatives?

regards,
P
Post #: 1
RE: Correct me if I'm wrong... - 1/9/2008 5:23:14 PM   
Lebatron

This was brought up in the WAW forum. Always by those that were new to the game and not used to having the Western Alliance so closely coupled. The short answer to your question is no. It would not work in this game very well. The only way it could be pulled off would be to couple the Chinese nation with all British and Commonwealth assets. But then you would get the Chinese and British moving and teching like they were one nation. That problem could be solved, not ideally, by removing the Chinese factories and every unit type save the militia. You wouldn't want Chinese super fighters or 7/7 infantry would you? Anyway Viola! the basics to through together a crap mod.

I got to ask, are you an Axis and Allies player? I was a vet of that game, and a member of the popular forums for it until WAW came out. Since then, I never looked back. Anyway, I find that those who played A&A have this prejudice, if I can call it that, for a split up Western Alliance. Would you prefer it that the British and US attack at separate times so they can't coordinate their strength? This game is balanced with that in mind, and A&A strategy depends on the opposite. It's not necessary to shoe horn the way other games handle US/Britain forces into this one, because the way it works here is very satisfactory once you get over your initial prejudice of it. 

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to Peeking Duck?)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Mods and Scenarios >> Correct me if I'm wrong... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI