Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for another mod to try

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Looking for another mod to try Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for another mod to try - 1/11/2008 7:19:16 AM   
ny59giants

I've tried two games with John 3rd. Now, with the isues with RHS and production for the Allies we stopped that one (don't want to try again).

I want a simple mod that goes on Andrew's extended map and not CHS, if possible (John's frustrated over installation). Any "what ifs" that don't go as far as Nemo's "Empire Ablaze" or RHSEOS, but in line with Iron Storm type. I thought there was a Nik Mod that started on 1 May 42, but don't know if there is one for an extended map. I'm kind of getting burnt out of starting another 7 Dec 41 game without noticable changes from the start.

I have a CHS and Big B PBEM game going, so I was thinking of something else.

Post #: 1
RE: Looking for another mod to try - 1/11/2008 7:25:34 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I've tried two games with John 3rd. Now, with the isues with RHS and production for the Allies we stopped that one (don't want to try again).

I want a simple mod that goes on Andrew's extended map and not CHS, if possible (John's frustrated over installation). Any "what ifs" that don't go as far as Nemo's "Empire Ablaze" or RHSEOS, but in line with Iron Storm type. I thought there was a Nik Mod that started on 1 May 42, but don't know if there is one for an extended map. I'm kind of getting burnt out of starting another 7 Dec 41 game without noticable changes from the start.

I have a CHS and Big B PBEM game going, so I was thinking of something else.

Not sure how much there is on Andrew's Extended map.

Something different and not so large a commitment might be Nik's GuadMod ... this is a 9.2.x.y version which runs from Aug 42 through Feb 43. I worked on it with him - so I can say that it is an interesting play from either side. We did quite a number of improvements on the OOB as well.

But if you really want AB EXT then PM Andrew and he can tell you what is available.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for another mod to try - 1/11/2008 1:39:05 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
But if you really want AB EXT then PM Andrew and he can tell you what is available.

Or wait until I have a spare moment to spot this thread and post a link to my web page, which lists some scenarios that are available for my map:

www.bur.st/~akbrown/witp/scenarios.html

This page is a bit old now. It needs an update.

Andrew

PS: I have seen comments stating that the Big B mod is a good mod. (Edit - oops I saw that you already mentioned that one)

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Looking for another mod to try Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI