Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Iranians "harrass" U.S. Navy Ships In The Strait Of Hormuz

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: Iranians "harrass" U.S. Navy Ships In The Strait Of Hormuz Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Iranians "harrass" U.S. Navy Ships In The... - 1/11/2008 11:07:22 AM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: a white rabbit

..i'd not assume NATO involvement tho, a chance is all, but i would factor in added Muslim intervention..

Not by a soveriegn nation, because none of them have any sympathy for Iran. Only by individuals- and Iran already has plenty of those.

quote:

..and the Russians ? for me an unknown quantity. How much Iranian oil are they taking ?

I imagine most Russian oil comes from former Soviet sources.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to a white rabbit)
Post #: 31
RE: Iranians "harrass" U.S. Navy Ships In The... - 1/11/2008 7:24:48 PM   
Trick37_MatrixForum

quote:

ORIGINAL: cesteman

You could also say the same about Russia. They need and want the almighty dollar. I think Russia doesn't need much in the way of oil from Iran. I recall reading somewhere that Russia, or one of their former satellite countries ships natural gas to Western Europe (i.e. Germany, France etc). Russia has no treaty with Iran, so I think they would sit aside until it was too late to help. As for the other countries in the Middle East? I think you'd see the UK and the US facing off against them.

Yep, Russia ships natural gas to western Europe via the Ukraine and Beylorussia (sp?). There was a huge stink a couple of a years ago when Russia and the Ukraine had a "spat" about contracts (or something), and the Russians turned off the taps. Well, the "stink" came from western Europe because it had an effect on them, too.

As for a major conflict between the US/UK and Middle Eastern countries....I could see where it would get very hot, very fast and in a few locations at one time. (Count the time between the flash and the bang, and measure the width and height of the cloud after 1, 5 an 10 minutes.)

(in reply to cesteman)
Post #: 32
RE: Iranians "harrass" U.S. Navy Ships In The... - 1/11/2008 8:20:23 PM   
cesteman

You are correct Trick. I recall reading about the supply of natural gas being turned off but couldn't recall the details. Now with that in mind, a scenario could be made around Iran harassing US ships which esclates causing the US to respond. Russia gets ticked and cuts off the flow of natural gas causing western Europe to get involved. As for the Arab countries that could be open to suggestion. Cheers.

(in reply to Trick37_MatrixForum)
Post #: 33
RE: Iranians "harrass" U.S. Navy Ships In The... - 1/19/2008 6:55:55 AM   
sappers in the wire

quote:

ORIGINAL: marcusm

I think China and India are more interested in the gas/oil pipes than Russia.
Russia is probably more interested in selling technology and weapons. Maybe China too.

I doubt China would intervene in anything though. They are just in it for the money/resources.

It's a serious damage to Chinese economic development if the war break-out. you know china become more and more hungray for energy sources since these years fast development. Although Iran is not Chinese allies, it plays an important role in chinese "majoy oil suppiliers". However, I believe Chinese have no intention to intervene the possible conflict between US and Iran, cause Chinese Force is traditional Home-defence force, Chinese are lack of ability and determination to have a conflict with any other countries in the territory far from its heartland.
However, I bet, while the most powerful USN CV Task forces rally in the Indian ocean, US Army and Air foce are busy in conducting offensive in Iran's mountain area and facing thousands shiah insurgence's attack in Iraq, Chinese Army-PLA might invade Taiwan, Russia might invade georgia, DPRK might invade ROK, and then, I don't know, maybe the WW III

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 34
RE: Iranians "harrass" U.S. Navy Ships In The... - 1/19/2008 4:21:13 PM   
marcusm

CHina has other sources to choose from.

(in reply to sappers in the wire)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: Iranians "harrass" U.S. Navy Ships In The Strait Of Hormuz Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI