Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cloverfields

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Cloverfields Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cloverfields - 1/19/2008 1:05:37 PM   
Raverdave

Well just got back from seeing this movie.......and have one heck of a headache after all of that stupid jerky camera shots. IMHO it ruined what was an ok movie.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Post #: 1
RE: Cloverfields - 1/19/2008 1:20:23 PM   
ravinhood

Yeah I found The Lord of the Rings trilogy like that also. Too much camara swapping from one thing to the next.

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 2
RE: Cloverfields - 1/23/2008 2:43:51 AM   
ORANGE

I really liked it. I thought it was fresh and different. Great movie.

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 3
RE: Cloverfields - 1/23/2008 4:04:10 AM   
cdbeck

I loved the movie and am rather obsessed by it. I am still following all the viral marketing and Alternate Reality Game to try and figure the whole thing out!

SoM

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to ORANGE)
Post #: 4
RE: Cloverfields - 1/23/2008 5:19:22 AM   
Raverdave

Oh I thought the concept and story line was good.....it was just the camera constantly moving and shaking that put me off.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 5
RE: Cloverfields - 1/23/2008 6:22:00 AM   
cdbeck

Go figure, that is one of the best aspects for me. Added to the realism about 200% in my book. I could see how that could induce motion sickness or headaches though (my wife had a slight headache). My body reacted very strongly to the near constant tension. It was like being on a rollercoaster for an 90 minutes. This is one of the ONLY movies to have every done this to me, make me feel constant adrenaline, fight or flight response, and be very tense (every point I saw the baddies I felt a visceral reaction). Again, I watch horror movies, zombie flicks, Evil Dead, action films, "thrillers", other monster movies, and read Lovecraft, King, et al, and I often just feel entertained. Cloverfield was the first to make me viscerally FEEL the movie.

I will admit, after I left the theater, both my wife and I were so goosed up that we felt like we could punch a bear right in the face. I actually LIVE in NYC, so as we went straight to a nearby Barnes and Nobles (in White Plains, north of Manhattan) and I was jumping at nearly everyone that passed by me. Adrenaline is one heck of a drug!

SoM

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 6
RE: Cloverfields - 1/23/2008 10:45:27 AM   
JudgeDredd

A quote from the very first comment on IMDB
quote:

If this movie had been filmed in 3rd person like a regular movie, instead of a character "documenting" the events on a video camera, I would've rated this 8 out of 10. The way it was filmed is headache inducing and annoying.

Still, it did get 8.1

< Message edited by JudgeDredd -- 1/23/2008 10:46:14 AM >

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 7
RE: Cloverfields - 1/23/2008 4:22:57 PM   
HORST324

I agree with the observations above. I appreciated the movie more after I got out of the theater and thought about it for awhile. While in the theater, I was wrestling with myself to keep from running to the bathroom! It is an experience. To make it worse, we were in the SECOND ROW because of the huge crowd and that made it even more uncomfortable. But it is original, scary, funny and terrifying all at the same time. Blair Witch on steroids - and a much better movie. We all agreed that when it comes out on DVD, we're getting it immediately and watching again from the comfort of our couch. Maybe that'll take something away from the experience - we'll find out. But we all gave it a major thumbs up, including my two sons who are horror movie fanatics (i.e. Saw, Hostel, etc.). It is definitely not a throw-away movie - you'll remember it.

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 8
RE: Cloverfields - 1/23/2008 6:57:00 PM   
freeboy

I felt that way about hte American football movie, :ANy Given Sunday" I think that was the name, Al PAcino, Jamie Fox.. to much bouncing camaras

(in reply to HORST324)
Post #: 9
RE: Cloverfields - 1/24/2008 2:37:29 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: HORST324

I was wrestling with myself to keep from running to the bathroom!

INFORMATION OVERLOAD!

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to HORST324)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Cloverfields Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages