Cloverfields (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Raverdave -> Cloverfields (1/19/2008 1:05:37 PM)

Well just got back from seeing this movie.......and have one heck of a headache after all of that stupid jerky camera shots. IMHO it ruined what was an ok movie.[:@]

ravinhood -> RE: Cloverfields (1/19/2008 1:20:23 PM)

Yeah I found The Lord of the Rings trilogy like that also. Too much camara swapping from one thing to the next.

ORANGE -> RE: Cloverfields (1/23/2008 2:43:51 AM)

I really liked it. I thought it was fresh and different. Great movie. [:)]

cdbeck -> RE: Cloverfields (1/23/2008 4:04:10 AM)

I loved the movie and am rather obsessed by it. I am still following all the viral marketing and Alternate Reality Game to try and figure the whole thing out!

SoM

Raverdave -> RE: Cloverfields (1/23/2008 5:19:22 AM)

Oh I thought the concept and story line was good.....it was just the camera constantly moving and shaking that put me off.

cdbeck -> RE: Cloverfields (1/23/2008 6:22:00 AM)

Go figure, that is one of the best aspects for me. Added to the realism about 200% in my book. I could see how that could induce motion sickness or headaches though (my wife had a slight headache). My body reacted very strongly to the near constant tension. It was like being on a rollercoaster for an 90 minutes. This is one of the ONLY movies to have every done this to me, make me feel constant adrenaline, fight or flight response, and be very tense (every point I saw the baddies I felt a visceral reaction). Again, I watch horror movies, zombie flicks, Evil Dead, action films, "thrillers", other monster movies, and read Lovecraft, King, et al, and I often just feel entertained. Cloverfield was the first to make me viscerally FEEL the movie.

I will admit, after I left the theater, both my wife and I were so goosed up that we felt like we could punch a bear right in the face. I actually LIVE in NYC, so as we went straight to a nearby Barnes and Nobles (in White Plains, north of Manhattan) and I was jumping at nearly everyone that passed by me. Adrenaline is one heck of a drug!

SoM

JudgeDredd -> RE: Cloverfields (1/23/2008 10:45:27 AM)

A quote from the very first comment on IMDB
quote:

If this movie had been filmed in 3rd person like a regular movie, instead of a character "documenting" the events on a video camera, I would've rated this 8 out of 10. The way it was filmed is headache inducing and annoying.

Still, it did get 8.1

HORST324 -> RE: Cloverfields (1/23/2008 4:22:57 PM)

I agree with the observations above. I appreciated the movie more after I got out of the theater and thought about it for awhile. While in the theater, I was wrestling with myself to keep from running to the bathroom! It is an experience. To make it worse, we were in the SECOND ROW because of the huge crowd and that made it even more uncomfortable. But it is original, scary, funny and terrifying all at the same time. Blair Witch on steroids - and a much better movie. We all agreed that when it comes out on DVD, we're getting it immediately and watching again from the comfort of our couch. Maybe that'll take something away from the experience - we'll find out. But we all gave it a major thumbs up, including my two sons who are horror movie fanatics (i.e. Saw, Hostel, etc.). It is definitely not a throw-away movie - you'll remember it.

freeboy -> RE: Cloverfields (1/23/2008 6:57:00 PM)

I felt that way about hte American football movie, :ANy Given Sunday" I think that was the name, Al PAcino, Jamie Fox.. to much bouncing camaras

pasternakski -> RE: Cloverfields (1/24/2008 2:37:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HORST324

I was wrestling with myself to keep from running to the bathroom!

INFORMATION OVERLOAD!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI