Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/21/2008 8:16:03 AM   
okami

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I've heard for the last two weeks how the NY Giants should not even come to play the game. Now both the Cowgirls and Packers can go play golf.
Now, I will hear had over matched they will be against the Patriots.  Go news for us die hard Giants fans.

Congrats, it would be good to see Ely get a ring the year after Peyton. Strahan really deserves a ring.

"Square peg, round hole? No problem. Malet please.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 31
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/21/2008 9:22:41 AM   
histgamer

I actually am fine with it, more likely favre will return for another year. Then he can get his 2nd ring and retire... And while I dont care all that much for the Mannings I do like Strahan.

(in reply to okami)
Post #: 32
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/21/2008 1:34:52 PM   
tocaff

The Giants have mapped a detour and must be one of the best road teams in recent history.
GO BIG BLUE!

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 33
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/21/2008 7:54:05 PM   
tanksone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: flanyboy

Al Harris single handedly gave the Giants their whole offence...

Annoying when the better team has a bad day and loses. Make no mistake Greenbay is a better team. Just didnt happen.

Tend to agree..., but the Giants seem to be the "team of destiny". Maybe that's what it will take to put the brakes on the "New England Express".

Hi, born and raised in beautiful Secaucus,NJ and then transplanted to Minnesota, I've gotten to watch a lot of Al Harris. The game reminded me alot of what Randy Moss did to him, although Plaxico didn't burn him deep multiple times. The NFC central is a weak division and the Packers took advantage of that, hence there very good record. When the Packers played the G-Men early in the season they caught them still learning Spagnola's system. Other than the blown coverage on the 90yd TD pass the G-Men D stopped the Packers cold. While it's ifs and butts I don't think the Packers would have had the year they had if they played in the NFC east... just my 2 cents

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 34
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/21/2008 8:51:03 PM   
niceguy2005

I have to say I think the Patriots/Giants game promises to be a very good match up.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to tanksone)
Post #: 35
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/21/2008 10:39:39 PM   
histgamer

GB NE woulda been a better Superbowl as far as entertainment goes. Favre vs Brady alot like Superbowl 32 Favre vs Elway cept this time Favre woulda been Elway.

Tanksone How weak is the division? Overal it had one of the best records of any division. Sure its not as top heavy as other divisions but top to bottom its prolly the strongest. (ie its weakest teams are better than most other divisions weakest teams so that balances it out for its best teams not being as gooda s other divisions)

As for Al Harris, he gets way to much publicity, Charles Woodson is in my mind far better and while this is an if, had the packers put woodson on Burris the whole game greenbay wins that game.

As for the G-men stopping GB thats mainly because the weather severaly restricted what you could do, you had to throw 10-15 yard pass routes for the most part or run, the Giants did that better and won and deserved to (plus the packers didnt exactly have a good day), but they are not the better football team.

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 36
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/21/2008 10:39:58 PM   
histgamer

and yes its harder to throw the ball in -4 than it is 31 and snowing.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 37
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/21/2008 11:21:29 PM   
AcePylut

But this is supposed to be the type of weather that is "Green Bay" weather. Frozen Tundra of Lambow (sp) field or whatever the hell it is that Chris Berman can't stop saying.

GB is supposed to "thrive" in this weather. Well after watching them get waxed in this weather by Chicago, then beaten last night by NY, we can put to bed this "myth" that Green Bay is the ultimate cold weather team. They ain't.

I never would have imagined a game where I didn't want either team to win... where I couldn't at least root for one team. But last night was that game.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 38
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/21/2008 11:29:48 PM   
Panther Bait

quote:

ORIGINAL: AcePylut

GB is supposed to "thrive" in this weather. Well after watching them get waxed in this weather by Chicago, then beaten last night by NY, we can put to bed this "myth" that Green Bay is the ultimate cold weather team. They ain't.

As young as the GB team was this year, they are probably not as used to the GB weather as Packer teams of yesterday. Less of an advantage than normal, plus NY and Chicago are not exactly southern teams either.

When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 39
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 1:02:00 AM   
histgamer

The reason GB isn’t as good in the cold weather is the fact that they are so young. That and the spread offence isn’t the ideal style of offence to run in the weather.

I think people forget if Greenbay can keep the nucleus of this team they will get at least one superbowl ring out of them. They are the youngest and probably most promising team in the league.

They still have a lot of maturing to do but since its likely favre will come back for one more year they will continue to do so next year. Then when favre leaves the team will have a good amount of experience and one of the best WR corps around Rodgers and while losing a great QB will still be a superbowl contender.

The fact is the better team didn’t win. The more experienced team won.

P.S. Lot of packer haters around here I guess. Its ok I guess since I despise the patriots. Their coach is the biggest ass (plus a cheater, though still one of the best in NFL history)  oh and their QB is full of himself but doesn’t even how the courage to openly be the ass he is so he hides behind a obviously fake attempt to be modest.

(in reply to Panther Bait)
Post #: 40
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 1:59:07 AM   
AcePylut

Well I'm a bears fanatic...so anything green and yellow is downright disgusting to me!

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 41
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 2:33:09 AM   
KTNJR

Okay guys, I live in Green Bay!
The one thing that killed the Packers is they didn't practice outside. If you don't practice outside atleast open the doors to the training area.
As far as a weak division, thats a bunch of bull! Only team that was weak is the Bears!

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 42
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 3:01:41 AM   
histgamer

The Bears are always weak.

Where in Green Bay do you live? My friend use to live up there in the mid 90s next to Andy R.

I am in the Milwaukee area in Waukesha county.

Oh and yea that really puzzled me why Macarthy did that.

< Message edited by flanyboy -- 1/22/2008 3:03:17 AM >

(in reply to KTNJR)
Post #: 43
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 3:04:41 AM   
AcePylut

Yet, the modern era GB Packers can't win a SuperBowl without the punky QB known as McMahon as their backup QB.

How many wins did the Pack get against the Bears this season. hahahahahahaha.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 44
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 3:21:00 AM   
histgamer

Honestly I would rather got 14-2 and lose both games to the Bears every year than ever beat the Bears.

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 45
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 3:41:40 AM   
niceguy2005

Well, time to toss another log on the fire....

I'd take Eli Manning, the way he is playing right now, over Farve.  Farve throws lots of TDs but he also throws too many INTs.  The team that can beat the Pats is the team that plays as mistake free as they are playing.  The Giants were the all around better...

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 46
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 4:17:01 AM   
KTNJR

quote:

The Bears are always weak.

Where in Green Bay do you live? My friend use to live up there in the mid 90s next to Andy R.

I am in the Milwaukee area in Waukesha county.

Oh and yea that really puzzled me why Macarthy did that.

I live on the east side of Green Bay.
Sunday night, the G-men were the better team. Can they win in the Super Bowel? I don't know and I really wouldn't bet against them. They weren't supposed to win against Dallas and Green Bay.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 47
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 5:35:14 AM   
histgamer

niceguy you can say what you want but over the past 17 seasons there isnt another QB I would want more than #4.

(in reply to KTNJR)
Post #: 48
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 5:50:41 AM   
Admiral DadMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: KTNJR

I guess it went through Green Bay, (in the words of Gen. George Patton), "like crap through a goose!!!!"

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to KTNJR)
Post #: 49
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 5:43:39 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

niceguy you can say what you want but over the past 17 seasons there isnt another QB I would want more than #4.

Farve is a great QB and I like his experience, he just made too many mistakes in the Giants game and he forces the ball too much. IMHO, it's what stands between him being a great QB and the greatest QB ever.

Edit: just for giggles I did a quick calculation of career stats and compared interception percentage. Results:

Joe Montana (16 years) 2.5%
Dan Marino (17 years) 3.0%
Brett Farve (17 years) 3.2%
Bart Star ~4.0%
John Elway 3.1%

So, Farve actually is quite competitive when it comes to Int%. He's a smart QB with a strong arm and an ability to win games. I think sometimes he tries to hard to win them on his own though.

< Message edited by niceguy2005 -- 1/22/2008 5:58:14 PM >

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 50
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 8:27:50 PM   
histgamer

Well the problem was from 1999-2006 he had to win them on his own. After the superbowl years the team had a very good offence but the defense was so bad that without scoring basically every possession the team would lose. Despite that the team posted impressively only 1 losing season during that period of time and 2 12-4 records with something like 3 or 4 division titles.

This year the defense started to come together though it is still young. Great CBs though Harris gets to much credit. One of the top 5 pair of DEs in the league with KGB and Kampman (sortta like the Sean Jones, Reggie White combo of old, though Kampman is obviously not white) The line backing corps is soon to be one of the best in the NFL as well with arguably one of the top 5 MLBs in Barnett and a very impressive young AJ Hawk. Several other CBs have shown flashes of brilliance as well.

This is why despite the loss and the eventual retirement of favre this packers team is going to be good for awhile. One of the most promising RBs in the league and arguably 2 WRs who in a couple years would be no 1s on most teams, Jones and Jennings plus the experienced and very good Driver.

The packers are only going to be getting better in years to come.

Unless Favre retires now . The team needs a strong mature leader in order for them to mature quicker. In two years time that need will be fulfilled favre will prolly retire and the team will still be a super bowl contender without no4.

< Message edited by flanyboy -- 1/22/2008 8:28:31 PM >

Post #: 51
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/22/2008 8:32:13 PM   
histgamer

P.S. Another thing you have to count is the WR corps of the QB. If you have a great WR corps your less likely to throw picks. Sort of like Brady this year especially.

Brady is a damn good QB prolly the best in the leauge right now maybe 2nd to manning however he is not 50 TD passess good. He has never thrown a 30+ Td season before in his career and rarely does someone who has been in the leauge like 6 years get dramatically better in one year. The answer is he had a great year and a great WR corps.

Arugably the patriots WR corps this year was the best any team has had in History.

Numbers like TDs and INTs are important but just because one QB had more or less doesnt mean he was worse or better. You need to take into account the team he did it with.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 52
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/23/2008 1:09:51 AM   
niceguy2005

Flanboy I agree with you that BFs team was not very good during most of those years and certainly he carried them.

Though personally I think all that Green and Yellow just makes him dizzy from time to time and he misses....can you blame him?

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 53
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/23/2008 6:19:01 AM   
histgamer

Green and Yellow are a hell of alot better than the Bears ****ty ass colors or the vikings or the giants. The Lions are ok, so are the seahawks.

Post #: 54
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/23/2008 2:20:53 PM   
Mundy

The proper term is

Green and Gold

Just Sayin'...

< Message edited by Mundy -- 1/23/2008 3:02:11 PM >

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 55
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/23/2008 4:17:42 PM   
AcePylut

Hey packers fans, does THIS ring a bell?

< Message edited by AcePylut -- 1/23/2008 4:19:40 PM >

(in reply to Mundy)
Post #: 56
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/23/2008 10:23:58 PM   
histgamer

ace 13-3 is all i need to say. I don't care who we lost to we went 13-3. and yes Mundy your right, but the packers jerseys are not Green and Gold they are Green and Yellow no packers items use the real color gold.

< Message edited by flanyboy -- 1/23/2008 10:25:06 PM >

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 57
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/23/2008 10:28:34 PM   
AcePylut

Ga I'm stupid, didn't realize I already posted that pic.

But it's a good one anyways :)

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 58
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/25/2008 5:25:23 AM   
The Gnome

This just in:

Apparently Hitler was a Cowboys fan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJHb9m4ccmQ&feature=bz302

(in reply to AcePylut)
Post #: 59
RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay - 1/27/2008 3:56:09 PM   
Skyros

GO PATS GO,

I have been following them since 1972 and it is about time we got our time in the sun.

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: OT- The Super Bowl goes through Green Bay Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI