Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playback View Size Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Playback View Size Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playback View Size Problem - 1/29/2008 1:54:46 PM   
brucekg

In the PBEM game I am experiencing two problems.

1. I can not change view size. It is stuck on small, by this I mean small icons. When ever I try to change the view size I get, "Invalid Parent Unit" Dialog box and exit.

2. I do not recv the detailed battle dialog boxes for each battle. I do get these during my turn.

Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Playback View Size Problem - 1/29/2008 2:08:18 PM   
Heldenkaiser

I believe this - both - is the way it is supposed to be. I have never seen it any other way.

You can have your opponent send you the sitrep log with the turn. That way, you can review at least the location and outcome of the battles during your opponent's turn.

(in reply to brucekg)
Post #: 2
RE: Playback View Size Problem - 1/29/2008 5:06:18 PM   
brucekg

My recall of TOAW 1 & 2 were that I saw the map in the "correct" size and recv'd the battle results dialogs.

(in reply to brucekg)
Post #: 3
RE: Playback View Size Problem - 1/29/2008 6:55:50 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: brucekg

My recall of TOAW 1 & 2 were that I saw the map in the "correct" size and recv'd the battle results dialogs.

Are you sure you're not confusing single-player, with PBEM? You do get full sized playback and combat results in single-player. I can't speak for TOAW I & II, but with CoW, the PBEM playback was the small video mode, and there were no detailed battle results generated.

In PBEM, you only get the news events that correspond to attacks and defenses of named locations, unless you are generating a sitrep to send along with the turn.

(in reply to brucekg)
Post #: 4
RE: Playback View Size Problem - 1/29/2008 9:16:28 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: brucekg

Are you sure you're not confusing single-player, with PBEM? You do get full sized playback and combat results in single-player. I can't speak for TOAW I & II, but with CoW, the PBEM playback was the small video mode, and there were no detailed battle results generated.

In PBEM, you only get the news events that correspond to attacks and defenses of named locations, unless you are generating a sitrep to send along with the turn.

I played OPART I PBEM. I don't recall things being any different than in ACOW.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Playback View Size Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI