Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Try out this new scenario, if you can!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Try out this new scenario, if you can! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Try out this new scenario, if you can! - 9/21/2000 3:17:00 AM   
Don

Just posted a new scenario to the Depot - it's called "Roadblock at Elst" and takes place during Market-Garden. It is small, and very, very fast. You will have to move extremely fast (like the men then did) to reach Arnhem. It seems there are major problems getting scenarios at the Depot, but keep trying! It's worth it! This game is dedicated to all the great guys at Matrix, and to my fellow gamers here on the forum, who have made playing SPWAW a great experience. Look around at the unit leaders, you'll see some familiar names! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn
Post #: 1
- 9/21/2000 7:39:00 AM   
Don

Access to the Scenario Depot is fast and easy again - thanks to David and The Gang for great work! I've had some great tips pointed out to me to make my just-posted scenario even better, so I will be making some small changes and posting an updated version. For now, just keep downloading and playing it (a bunch of you already have ), as it is alot of fun. Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Don)
Post #: 2
- 9/22/2000 12:17:00 PM   
von Bult

Don, Maybe you didn't see my reply to your post... I opened your scenario .dat file with WAW Ed and noticed that even though the tanks have been immobilized, they have no damage. I believe that if the tanks were a little damaged, the crews could not fix them so quickly. Its a great scenario, I like battles with unique challenges and terrain. Looking forward to v1.1 -von Bult wbult@netscape.net

(in reply to Don)
Post #: 3
- 9/22/2000 2:20:00 PM   
Don

Thanks, von Bult! I have had some great suggestions on that scenario and have version 1.1 about ready to upload. This is what I did: 1)Took away the radio from the A0 unit - I missed this before, so players can actually call in the planes! Don't want that! 2) Made the tanks mobile again with a speed of 1. I also took the trenches on either side of the road and made them boulders (looks great). I also took away the bridges, so now the tanks can move but not far and not off the road - which was the whole point. 3) Adjusted the values of some of the V-hexes up, as I'd like to see more decisive victories (don't know of one). One problem is the Germans getting so many victory points because of the exit hexes. I have thought of removing them, but will leave them for now. I think these changes will make it better without affecting the game play, and I'll try to get it uploaded tonight. I have a big problem zipping things, as the only thing I'd ever zipped was emails. I finally got it by accident the other night, and will have to wrestle with it again tonight! Thanks for helping, Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Don)
Post #: 4
- 9/22/2000 8:53:00 PM   
MikeToth

Hi DOn, First off, thanks for sending those CD's my way....... looks like a cool game, I will download your latest and greatest of this scenario.... looks pretty cool Mike Northfield (Cleveland) Ohio Go Brownies!!!!!

(in reply to Don)
Post #: 5
- 9/23/2000 2:03:00 AM   
Paul Saunders

quote:

Originally posted by Don: 1)Took away the radio from the A0 unit - I missed this before, so players can actually call in the planes! Don't want that!
I'm not sure I follow what you're saying here, but taking the radio away from the A0 unit is a very bad thing. It's not just used for calling in planes, it's vital to the whole command infrastructure. Radios are used to communicate between all the units on the board for purposes of command control and rallying. Even if you don't use CC many people do and removing the A0's radio would probably screw up the game for them. Even without CC, the A0 is extremely useful for rallying the troops. Taking away the A0's radio is like removing the A0 from the battle, a very bad thing.

(in reply to Don)
Post #: 6
- 9/23/2000 4:49:00 AM   
Don

I always recommend that C&C be turned off with my scenarios. I don't use it, don't like it, and it just doesn't work with most scenarios. It is vital that no one be able to call in the planes, but there is also more than one way to do that. I don't think taking the radio away from the A0 unit is that bad of a thing here, having played it many times. I always keep the A0 unit close to one set of troops, and the other set have lighter fighting and don't seem to suffer from lack of supervision. Try out the scenario, Paul, and see what you think! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Don)
Post #: 7
- 9/25/2000 7:06:00 AM   
Don

Version 1.1 of "Roadblock at Elst" has been posted to the Depot. Changes include: 1) The immobilized tanks - these "spring to life" really irritated me so I mobilized them, limited thier speed to 1. 2) The road - replaced the trenches along the road with boulders - looks great andkeeps the tanks on the road. Also removed the wooden bridges thaat were on the east side of the map. 3) Victory Hexes - increased the value of some of these as I would like to see bigger victories. I do not even know of a decisive victory, hopefully that will change. Try it - you'll like it! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Don)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Try out this new scenario, if you can! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI