Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

can't ready aircraft in 3.9?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> can't ready aircraft in 3.9? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
can't ready aircraft in 3.9? - 2/14/2008 5:54:20 PM   
gherndon

hi,

i've been playing the recently released 3.9 with the HUD3 db and noticed a problem with the ready aircraft function.

in battle for the western approaches, when i try to change the loadout on the GR.1 tornadoes in stornoway to something other than iron bombs, i can't get the ready aircraft function to work as expected. actually, i can't get many of the land based aircraft to accept a change in loadout. i've reverted to the std db and i see the same behavior (although the list of avail loadouts is different -- to be expected?)

here's what i'm doing:

1) select airbase
2) click launch / ready icon
3) select platform in the ready window
4) select the load out i want to change to
5) the unit count window opens with a "0" pre-populated. i change this to reflect the # of units to change
6) i click affirmative to make the change, but nothing is updated in the ready status window

is anyone else seeing similar behavior?

george
Post #: 1
RE: can't ready aircraft in 3.9? - 2/14/2008 7:08:23 PM   
Bucks

Sorry missed the "import weapon edits" on that one. Thanks for the update, I'll post a SEM file so you can add the loadout weapons in couple of hours, when I get home from work.

BTW If you turn air logistics off you'll be able to change them, again apologies for the error.

Cheers

Darren

< Message edited by Bucks -- 2/14/2008 7:10:01 PM >

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to gherndon)
Post #: 2
RE: can't ready aircraft in 3.9? - 2/14/2008 10:39:54 PM   
Bucks

quote:

ORIGINAL: gherndon

hi,

i've been playing the recently released 3.9 with the HUD3 db and noticed a problem with the ready aircraft function.

in battle for the western approaches, when i try to change the loadout on the GR.1 tornadoes in stornoway to something other than iron bombs, i can't get the ready aircraft function to work as expected. actually, i can't get many of the land based aircraft to accept a change in loadout. i've reverted to the std db and i see the same behavior (although the list of avail loadouts is different -- to be expected?)

here's what i'm doing:

1) select airbase
2) click launch / ready icon
3) select platform in the ready window
4) select the load out i want to change to
5) the unit count window opens with a "0" pre-populated. i change this to reflect the # of units to change
6) i click affirmative to make the change, but nothing is updated in the ready status window

is anyone else seeing similar behavior?

george

George,

I'll explain what you're seeing here. Since there are no weapons available to complete the loadout even though you specify a particular loadout and number of aircraft to ready. The "0" you're seeing indicates there are no available loadouts of that type.

I've modified the standard Iron bombs to allow for logistics capability where there was none before. So now you can build a scen and add the number of weapons say 240 x Mk82 500 pounders and so even be able to limit these IB# loadouts. I'm looking at a way to do the same for depth charges and unguided rockets as well.

Anyway I have generated a Weapon edits file or SEM file for this scen. You can grab it here: http://hud3.harpoon5.com/WESTERN-3.9.0.sem Now here's how to use it:

1.> Copy/DL this file to C:\Matrix Games\Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare\Databases\HUD3\SCENARIOS\HUD3 Coldwar or equivalent directory.

2.> Open the scenario editor and then open the above directory and find the WESTERN-3.9.0.SCN, open it with the editor.

3.> Now using the menu apply the following: Edit -> Scenario Rebuild -> Import All Unit Weapon Edits.

4.> Then File -> Save As -> HUD3\SCENARIOS\HUD3 Coldwar -> WESTERN-3.9.0.SCN

5.> Exit the editor and play the scenario using Harpoon3.exe

If you have any issues I'll organise a new scen file for downlaod rather than the full D.I.Y solution.

Cheers

Darren

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to gherndon)
Post #: 3
RE: can't ready aircraft in 3.9? - 2/15/2008 4:53:26 PM   
gherndon

hi, i'll give this a try and let you know the results. thanks for the quick attention.

george

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> can't ready aircraft in 3.9? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI