Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MCS User BUGS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> RE: MCS User BUGS Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MCS User BUGS - 11/18/2007 7:01:32 AM   
Jason Petho

Hi Eric.

Hope you're well, haven't heard from you in awhile!

If you are running Vista, I would recommend doing an uninstall, double checking the uninstall to make sure there are no fragments left and then reinstalling. Error Code 486 seems to be a registry or password error. I am unsure as to why it creeps up. Make sure you install it as an administrator.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Jumbo)
Post #: 91
RE: MCS User BUGS - 11/18/2007 7:17:43 AM   
Jumbo

Thanks Jason .... I'll give that a try

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 92
RE: MCS User BUGS - 11/20/2007 12:13:04 AM   
Jumbo

Hello Jason,

I tried to uninstall as you suggested. I open my Matrix folder and see two uninstall icons. I right click / double click ... and still no uninstall ? .... how is that exactly suppose to work?. I then just deleted the game alltogather from my computer and did a reinstall including the two updates available while installing. It looked as though everything was in working order until I sent one of my moves to one of my opponets. He recieved an error message and then his WF just crashed. My opponet looked into the problem on his end and it stated I was running version 0.00 ... I found that odd since I installed both updates 1.01 and 1.02 during my reinstall ... any thoughts here?

Thanks!

Eric

(in reply to Jumbo)
Post #: 93
RE: MCS User BUGS - 11/20/2007 12:17:30 AM   
Jason Petho

Hmm, that is odd indeed. It almost looks like the Updates didn't take? Are you sure they installed in the correct folder? Did you install 1.02B as well? You shouldn't have to install 1.01 and 1.02, as the 1.02 update is cumulative and it already includes 1.01.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Jumbo)
Post #: 94
RE: MCS User BUGS - 12/9/2007 6:55:03 PM   
Warhorse

In WF, I am playing a post-war scenario with Tiger 88 involving the Allies versus the Soviets (slot 24) the turn one of my airstrikes was due to arrive, the sound happens, but I get a failure to stretch bitmap etc., long story short, Russian UP00515.bmp, UP00516.bmp, and accompanying SP00515/516.bit are missing in both Russian and Soviet oob's (SU-2, and PE-8)!!! This effectively stops our game! Anyone who helped develope the WW2 parts of JTCS have these files residing in their HDD could provide a zip file for a patch?

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 95
RE: MCS User BUGS - 12/9/2007 7:09:23 PM   
Warhorse

OK, dug around in my old Talonsoft directory and found the missing icons! Now, in your next patch, you will need these files Up00140, 141, 142, and will also need to make corresponding SP.bit files for them, or just wait and I'll post them here, getting ready to take care of this problem right now, then I can post them to Jason or whoever! Problem is, in the oob's, even though there are 3 unique icons, you guys have the SB-2 and PE-8 using the same icon, this should be changed.

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 96
RE: MCS User BUGS - 12/9/2007 7:46:13 PM   
Jason Petho

Hi Mike

You can email me the changes, if you wish.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 97
RE: MCS User BUGS - 2/6/2008 7:03:01 PM   
King Conda

Kindly help me here...

I have been trying to start an Operation Barbarossa Campaign using the Russians. The problem is that when I get into my force setup, I don't see any artillery. When I check my reinforcements, I don't have any. OK, that's fine, but it still seemed odd to me that high command didn't give me any, so I bring up the artillery dialogs box and it would show that I have 6 122mm pieces and when I center on them it moves to the map but there are no units there. This has happened to me several times in trying to get a campaign started...

I Don't get the arty in setup, nor in reinforcements but my artillery listings show I do have artillery. Where is it hiding? :) This has happened a few times now....

Kindly give me some advice here...

Thanks

Post #: 98
RE: MCS User BUGS - 2/6/2008 7:13:38 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: King Conda

Kindly help me here...

I have been trying to start an Operation Barbarossa Campaign using the Russians. The problem is that when I get into my force setup, I don't see any artillery. When I check my reinforcements, I don't have any. OK, that's fine, but it still seemed odd to me that high command didn't give me any, so I bring up the artillery dialogs box and it would show that I have 6 122mm pieces and when I center on them it moves to the map but there are no units there. This has happened to me several times in trying to get a campaign started...

I Don't get the arty in setup, nor in reinforcements but my artillery listings show I do have artillery. Where is it hiding? :) This has happened a few times now....

Kindly give me some advice here...

Thanks

Is there an Asterix (*) in the artillery dialogue?

If so, then that is off map artillery.

Jason Petho

(in reply to King Conda)
Post #: 99
RE: MCS User BUGS - 2/20/2008 6:43:25 PM   
Mraah

Jason,

I don't know if this is a bug or feature ...

It deals with Concealment. Apparently non-combat units can see units better than combat units.

In the left screen shot below (LOS tool enabled) you can see that the SdKfz 11 can see the four units as question marks.

In the right screen I moved the Security Platoon to the SdKfz 11 hex and the question marks vanished on the next turn, so it appears the combat unit is subject to the concealment check (showing one unit) whilst the non-combat unit gets free "?" without a check.

This can be tested and duplicated in any scenario ... simply play "hot seat" and move the units in/out of LOS.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mraah -- 2/20/2008 6:44:51 PM >

Post #: 100
RE: MCS User BUGS - 2/20/2008 7:17:20 PM   
Jason Petho

Well that is interesting indeed.

Something I will have to look into

Thanks!!

Jason Petho

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 101
RE: MCS User BUGS - 2/21/2008 4:41:41 AM   
scottintacoma

The transport can see, but not ID anything. The other units has to make a spotting check first, then when the unit is spotted, it IDs the type of unit.

Post #: 102
RE: MCS User BUGS - 2/22/2008 8:53:04 AM   
Mraah

quote:

ORIGINAL: scottgibson

The transport can see, but not ID anything. The other units has to make a spotting check first, then when the unit is spotted, it IDs the type of unit.

Well, once I moved the squad into the same hex as the transport you can see that the transport no longer can see the three other non-ID'd units. If the transport unit had not seen anything in the first place, then the security squad would have been unaware of the three other units. Now, since the player is aware that the 3 other hexes contain a unit, not seen or ID'd at this point, he could direct artillery to those 3 hexes using the squad. If you move the squad back down the hill on the next turn, out of LOS, the transport can once again see the units.

It's quite interesting and I understand the design intentions, not being able to use transport's as artillery oberservers but it appears the design backfires and gives the transport a kind of instinct or sixth sense which the combat units do not. Placing a transport on a hilltop far from harms way it can survey the battle field and provide knowledge of enemy locations.

This would make a great feature for an Artillery Observer (or any unit with high powered optics) if they allowed the hex containing the "?" to be selectable for an artillery attack. I know you can turn on the option to allow artillery to attack an unobserved hex but that results in unwanted scatter. But, used in conjuction with other ideas, such as adjusting the attack hex or subsequent attacks on a hex, I think it would work well.

If this can be done in an update, then I would suggest to Matrix to simplified things and give the transports a firepower factor so they will now be excluded from this change. I've always thought transports should have some kind of firepower capability anyway as they aren't unarmed soldiers. Considering one strength point of a transport equals about 2 men or roughly about 1/6th the firepower of a platoon of men (minus any hard attack and larger soft attack weapons) they could be given a soft attack range of 1, with a soft attack value of 1.

I'll toss this idea in the MCS User WISHLIST thread and see what everyone thinks.

Rob

(in reply to scottintacoma)
Post #: 103
RE: MCS User BUGS - 2/24/2008 8:38:06 PM   
SGT ROCK5

Hey all,

I really enjoyed playing the Talon Soft series when they came out, and purchased John Tillers "remake"
on the "West Front" campaigns, playing as a German you would get awarded "the congressional medal of honor" after every battle, with an iron cross showing up in the awards.... After downloading the patch, I now get no medal whatever after a campaign battle.

Is there a fix for this bug? Part of the fun was finding out what medal you wind after a battle

Sgt Rock

Post #: 104
RE: MCS User BUGS - 2/24/2008 9:28:51 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: SGT ROCK5

Hey all,

I really enjoyed playing the Talon Soft series when they came out, and purchased John Tillers "remake"
on the "West Front" campaigns, playing as a German you would get awarded "the congressional medal of honor" after every battle, with an iron cross showing up in the awards.... After downloading the patch, I now get no medal whatever after a campaign battle.

Is there a fix for this bug? Part of the fun was finding out what medal you wind after a battle

Sgt Rock

Hi Sgt Rock

This is corrected with the coming 1.03 UPDATE. It should be out within the next few weeks.

Jason Petho

(in reply to SGT ROCK5)
Post #: 105
RE: MCS User BUGS - 7/22/2008 9:10:40 PM   
R.E.LEE

My good buddy i hate seeing you step in it,the highlighted part in green should be edited out.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: SGT ROCK5

Hey all,

Sgt Rock

Hi Sgt Rock

This is corrected with the coming 1.03 UPDATE. It should be out within the next few weeks.
Jason Petho

Post #: 106
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/8/2008 4:14:01 PM   
borsook79

I keep getting CTDs when using the "next unit" button, esp when many units have been moved. Is this a known problem?

Post #: 107
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/16/2008 4:38:22 AM   
R_TEAM

Hi,
have found an bug in the name checking routine that prevent from use of
same names twice.
If i use a Name1 DCG i CAN start a Name1 LCG !!
The programm dont know the problem.
The two files have the same prefix (name1) but different suffix!
(cdd/cdl)
This is dangerous as the org/map and scn files use ONLY the prefix.
So the newer overwrite the older and the old campaign is unplayable.
Regards
R_TEAM <Aka R-TEAM>

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 108
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/31/2008 2:44:16 PM   
Otto von Blotto

Hi All, I have just notice a small quirk in the game.

Seems to happen on EF 1.03 and 1.04 and im sure it's the same in WF and RS.
Horse and carts if carrying troops that can move by themselfs 82mm mortars, light AT, inf, 75mm guns etc can be double timed and fatigued but ones carrying heavy equipment can't?

(in reply to R_TEAM)
Post #: 109
RE: MCS User BUGS - 8/31/2008 4:07:29 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Otto von Blotto

Hi All, I have just notice a small quirk in the game.

Seems to happen on EF 1.03 and 1.04 and im sure it's the same in WF and RS.
Horse and carts if carrying troops that can move by themselfs 82mm mortars, light AT, inf, 75mm guns etc can be double timed and fatigued but ones carrying heavy equipment can't?

This is normal, as you've found on the reply on the Blitz.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Otto von Blotto)
Post #: 110
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/1/2008 3:37:52 PM   
Otto von Blotto

Thanks for that, I really should stop and check the manual sometimes. Cheers

Post #: 111
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/13/2008 7:25:39 PM   
cw58

Here's an interesting one:

In EF 1.04beta (probably all 3 games), large AA guns (75mm & larger) cannot target on-map aircraft while small AA guns (40mm & smaller) can. I tested this by playing both sides using Russian AAGs (12.7mm SPAA, 37mm, 76mm & 85mm) and all available German on-map aircraft. The small AAGs will target and damage the planes but when I try to fire with the large AAGs, I get the message "Cannot fire at this target type". However, both large and small AAGs will still target and damage off-map air strikes.

BTW, I really like this new feature of on-map aircraft, at least when it works the way it's supposed to. I think it has a lot of potential. Thanks for adding it.

(in reply to Otto von Blotto)
Post #: 112
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/13/2008 7:30:10 PM   
borsook79

quote:

ORIGINAL: cw58

In EF 1.04beta (probably all 3 games), large AA guns (75mm & larger) cannot target on-map aircraft while small AA guns (40mm & smaller) can. I tested this by playing both sides using Russian AAGs (12.7mm SPAA, 37mm, 76mm & 85mm) and all available German on-map aircraft. The small AAGs will target and damage the planes but when I try to fire with the large AAGs, I get the message "Cannot fire at this target type". However, both large and small AAGs will still target and damage off-map air strikes.

BTW, I really like this new feature of on-map aircraft, at least when it works the way it's supposed to. I think it has a lot of potential. Thanks for adding it.

This is probably intentional, the higher calibre (and lower fire rate) guns should have some difficulty shooting at a flying low aircraft, and I assume this is what the on-map planes represent.

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 113
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/13/2008 9:02:36 PM   
cw58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Borsook

quote:

ORIGINAL: cw58

This is probably intentional, the higher calibre (and lower fire rate) guns should have some difficulty shooting at a flying low aircraft, and I assume this is what the on-map planes represent.

You very well could be right, but it seems a little odd that they can fire at a dive bomber or a fighter making a strafing run (if they're off-map air strikes). But they (the large AAGs) do fire with a penalty (75% I think) against those air strikes to simulate, as you suggested, low ROF, etc. Oh well, bug or not, I thought I would mention it.

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 114
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/17/2008 5:32:36 PM   
NS101

I updated to 1.04 yesterday. I started the campaign "Caen and Beyond this morning. I noted the German units weren't having their firepower halved for being short of ammo.

Paladin

Post #: 115
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/17/2008 7:15:06 PM   
TAIL GUNNER

quote:

ORIGINAL: NS101

I updated to 1.04 yesterday. I started the campaign "Caen and Beyond this morning. I noted the German units weren't having their firepower halved for being short of ammo.

Firepower isn't halved.....number of SPs firing is halved.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."

(in reply to NS101)
Post #: 116
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/17/2008 11:20:17 PM   
borsook79

I don't know if this is a bug as such, but in DCG AI forces start sometimes with horses without any troops to use them... not a big problem, this just looks very strange...

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 117
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/18/2008 6:36:58 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

I don't know if this is a bug as such, but in DCG AI forces start sometimes with horses without any troops to use them... not a big problem, this just looks very strange...

A DCG placement error. No more, no less.

It is not the swiftest current in the stream.

Jason Petho

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 118
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/18/2008 11:54:38 AM   
borsook79

quote:

Out of sheer curiosity (English not being my first language) - what do you mean by this?

Post #: 119
RE: MCS User BUGS - 9/18/2008 2:19:18 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

quote:

Out of sheer curiosity (English not being my first language) - what do you mean by this?

It is not the most brilliant student in the class.

Jason Petho

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> RE: MCS User BUGS Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI