Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI's priorities in defense

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> AI's priorities in defense Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI's priorities in defense - 2/24/2008 11:25:17 AM   
Pyrrhos1976

How are determined AI's priorities on the defensive ?

Let's take an example:
In a scenario about the Southwestern area (length: 1-3 months), I want that japanese AI reacts strongly against allied invasion of Solomon or Marshall Islands but not Gilbert Islands. How can I create this with the Editor ?
Post #: 1
RE: AI's priorities in defense - 2/24/2008 8:13:29 PM   
el cid again

You cannot.

In a very restricted scenario - one with the AI modules (and not all the map) - and a limited date set - starting near in time to your campaign - you can set units near one set of islands and not the other - and you can set one set as one of the special priority bases of the scenario - but nothing like any of these things is an option in a long war full map game. Nor do I believe the AI is up do doing it very well even in a restricted scenario.

(in reply to Pyrrhos1976)
Post #: 2
RE: AI's priorities in defense - 2/24/2008 9:10:38 PM   
Ron Saueracker

I was contemplating making a scenario which was based on Japan being on the defensive as the AI opponent, starting basically at the Feb 1943 point after Japan had evacuated Guadalcanal. After having played into Sept 43 vs the Japanese AI in my CHS scenario I realised that playing the AI or designing a scenario vs AI is pointless. It, the AI "engine"(????) is a complete bust. Does not do anything, no CAP, no combat TFs, no sub patrols....nothing except for endlessly shifting LCUs, air units and merchant convoys around. I was hoping that I could make a scenario where the Japanese get no PPs and all LCUs were restricted to keep units static but if the AI can't even put up CAP....why bloody bother?

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 3
RE: AI's priorities in defense - 2/24/2008 9:27:25 PM   
Hortlund

Speaking of that...why dont you empty your bloody PM-inbox so its possible to send you PMs?

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 4
RE: AI's priorities in defense - 2/24/2008 9:34:31 PM   
Pyrrhos1976

Ok, thanks.

AI has an advantage for wargamers: to encourage them to practice boardgames !

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 5
RE: AI's priorities in defense - 2/24/2008 10:43:04 PM   
JeffroK

Maybe contact Drongo.

He set up a scenario for 43 or 44 where the AI did react to allied advances.

But, he took out a lot of smaller bases which either distracted the AI or allowed the Allies too many options. I suppose it funneled the invasions into locations the AI was set to defend.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Pyrrhos1976)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> AI's priorities in defense Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI