Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

World Baseball Classic

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> World Baseball Classic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World Baseball Classic - 2/25/2008 2:41:26 AM   
renojedi

I just found my old program from this event and was wondering if anyone thought this would be an interesting module for PureSim. I mean a small tournament Mode with these various teams. It was fun to watch the different styles and might make for a nice break from the MLB sims on the game. What do you guys think?
Post #: 1
RE: World Baseball Classic - 2/26/2008 12:32:44 AM   
KG Erwin

You got me curious. Tell me more. Which international teams? I've always thought that creating a World Baseball League would be cool. A mix of Japanese, Latin American and whoever else.

What about the ballparks? They would have to be created from scratch for PureSim?

(in reply to renojedi)
Post #: 2
RE: World Baseball Classic - 2/27/2008 12:43:53 AM   
renojedi

Ballparks are fine as is since in 2006 they used existing facilities. Players would have to be created which also isn't a big deal. Someone could create the association with all of that stuff.

The problem is that Puresim would have to have a tournament feature to plug that association into (round robin per round).

But it would be fun and I enjoy watching national teams play and seeing the best from each country compete.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: World Baseball Classic - 3/4/2008 7:22:55 AM   
hobbitrjw

It would actually have to be round robin for the first 2 rounds with teams only playing the ones in their group,after round 2 it would be single elimination for the semi-finals and finals.

I think it would be quite difficult to do,I think it would have to be coded in as a completely diffrent game mode for it to work.

(in reply to renojedi)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> World Baseball Classic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI