Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TCP/IP problems - What happens? I need some support here!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> TCP/IP problems - What happens? I need some support here! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TCP/IP problems - What happens? I need some support here! - 2/29/2008 10:23:23 PM   
Pike

Is the company fixing this? I bought the game for playing with a friend and it doesn't work at all! I want the makers of the game fix this ASAP.

Anyone bought a car without wheels? Maybe it's something we would see in the future?

I need an update on whats going on? TCP/IP must be fixed! Then I will... ... you!

Woa that`s a BIG ship!
Post #: 1
RE: TCP/IP problems - What happens? I need some support... - 2/29/2008 11:07:05 PM   
ericbabe

TCP/IP works fine in our in-house testing, both over LAN and over the Internet.  You do have to configure your routers properly, though some have suggested that it's possible to play over an online service called Hamachi (IIRC) which emulates a LAN and obviates the need for tricky router settings.  Some people do seem to have intractable problems with the TCP/IP in FOF, and our libraries for TCP/IP use an older version of DirectPlay that was known to have some bugs.  Unfortunately later versions of DirectPlay use a substantially different architecture which is not compatible with the implementation of FOF.

(in reply to Pike)
Post #: 2
RE: TCP/IP problems - What happens? I need some support... - 3/5/2008 5:24:17 AM   
SoulBlazer

I also am unable to play with a friend through TCP/IP.

You say the routers need to be configured properly....can you please tell us what ports need to be open for the game to work?

When I start remote game and he hosts, I select TCP/IP, then enter his IP into that box, but it fails to find a game and the Join button remains grayed. He says the same thing happens when I try hosting. We have the newest public version, 1.10 I think.

Thanks.

The US Navy could probaly win a war without coffee, but would prefer not to try -- Samuel Morison

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: TCP/IP problems - What happens? I need some support... - 3/14/2008 11:24:04 PM   
Pike

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

TCP/IP works fine in our in-house testing, both over LAN and over the Internet.  You do have to configure your routers properly, though some have suggested that it's possible to play over an online service called Hamachi (IIRC) which emulates a LAN and obviates the need for tricky router settings.  Some people do seem to have intractable problems with the TCP/IP in FOF, and our libraries for TCP/IP use an older version of DirectPlay that was known to have some bugs.  Unfortunately later versions of DirectPlay use a substantially different architecture which is not compatible with the implementation of FOF.

Well If we don't use any routers and we have tested our software firewalls on and off. What do you say we do then? We both have the newest version of the game. We can't just connect... it times out!

Woa that`s a BIG ship!

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> TCP/IP problems - What happens? I need some support here! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI