Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

weapon selection

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> weapon selection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
weapon selection - 3/11/2008 8:45:09 PM   
robot

Guys I have forgot how to make the weapon selection when I only want to throw a satchel chatge and not fire all my weapons. I believe you select the target with t but i dont know what brings up the list of your weapons. Can anyone help me with the keystroke needed for this. Have some special forces operating in the rear of the russisan lines. Trying to get them to just throw there satchel charges to blow up some pill boxes.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
RE: weapon selection - 3/11/2008 9:04:46 PM   
StephanFH

Hey robot,
To select which weapon to fire:
After you have selected your target as you stated in your post, click on the icon on the far right 1/3 of the way down that looks like a grenade. This will open the weapon selection pop-up window. Then press the number of the weapon you wish to fire. For example if the satchel charge is the third weapon listed, press '3' on your keyboard and they will throw the satchel charge. The keystroke to select weapon is 'c' for choose. I DO NOT recommend using this unless you save first. I have very few problems running SPWAW on my machine, but the one consistent one I have is that 'c' hotkey will lock up or CTD SPWAW every time.

"the onset of Bayonets in the hands of the Valiant is irresistible..."
Gentleman Johnny Burgoyne

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
RE: weapon selection - 3/11/2008 9:55:03 PM   
kaybayray

Robot,
There is another way to deal with this technique. I use this when I have units engaging that are carrying special equipment that I dont want them to inadvertantly use. You can also bring up the unit detail window by clicking on the unit. Then look at the various weapons they have. Should all be in Green letters. Just click on the weapons you want to turn off so that your unit does not fire it at a target in range that you dont want it used on.

You can also use this feature in the following manner for specialized attacks. For example you want your Engr squad that has, M1 Carbine, Handgrenade, Flamethrower, and Demolition Kit to assault a bunker with only the Demolition kit. Prior to moving the unit you open the unit detail window and shut off everything but the Demolition kit. Then you can move to assault the bunker. This way your unit will only use the Demolition kit against the bunker.

Some may ask why shut the other things off? Opportunity Fire for one. If there are other units adjacent that are shooting at them as they move you may not want to expend the Flamethrower in return fire. So you could select to allow the use of the Carbine and the Demolition kit. Then your unit could return fire with the Carbine to perhaps suppress the attacker some and not expend the Flamethrower that you may need later.

Just an idea. But this game has great depth that I think many do not realize. I am still running V 8.2 so there are probably a lot of new features to deal with this kind of situation I dont know about.

Later,
KayBay

It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter

(in reply to StephanFH)
Post #: 3
RE: weapon selection - 3/16/2008 8:40:11 PM   
robot

Thanx guys for the return info. I have tried the hot key C im sure but for some reason it did not open weapon selection list for me. At least it does not crash as it does for you. have not paid much attention to the icons on the right side as i knew there was a hot key i had used before. Will look there and try it as i have a mess of bunkers for my engineers to try and blow up. And for them to be shooting pea shooters at ten inches of concrete seemed very ludicris to me. Thanx for the answers tho will give your information a try as soon as i get back in. Have a group of engineers all sitting around a steel monster who has already taken out two of my tanks at a very long range with there big gun.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

(in reply to kaybayray)
Post #: 4
RE: weapon selection - 3/16/2008 8:48:19 PM   
junk2drive

Left click on a unit with low suppression and shots remaining in the lower info window. With Caps Lock OFF press the letter c
That should bring up the weapons popup. Then use the numbers at the top of your keyboard, not the ten key on the right side of your keyboard, to select a weapon and it will fire.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> weapon selection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI