Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiple Installs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Multiple Installs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple Installs - 3/13/2008 1:23:55 AM   
Zer0_2121

I have recently purchased this SP and cannot seem to play the Mega campaigns without a CTD when I select a unit. After some searching around (right under my nose) I saw that 8.40 and above CTD in the megas when Command Control is selected. I also read somewhere that this CTD doesn't occur when using 8.30.

SO......

Is it possible to install both the 8.30 version as well as the most recent 8.40+ and use 8.30 specifically for mega campaigns and 8.40 for everything else??

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Multiple Installs - 3/13/2008 1:35:08 AM   
FlashfyreSP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zer0_2121

I have recently purchased this SP and cannot seem to play the Mega campaigns without a CTD when I select a unit. After some searching around (right under my nose) I saw that 8.40 and above CTD in the megas when Command Control is selected. I also read somewhere that this CTD doesn't occur when using 8.30.

SO......

Is it possible to install both the 8.30 version as well as the most recent 8.40+ and use 8.30 specifically for mega campaigns and 8.40 for everything else??

Thanks!

Yes, but why would you want to use the "buggy" 8.4 release for anything? Patch on up to 8.403, or, better yet, drop the Enhanced SPWAW DV 2008 mod into the game and play with the latest OOB, graphic and sound changes.

8.4 has so many "bugs" in it, it's not worth playing. Spotting for vehicles was accidently ramped up (makes ambushes impossible to enact), artillery splash damage was reduced to the point of artillery being nothing more than a nuisance, national EXP and MOR ratings were lowered too much, making play with any nation except the "Big 6" futile.

(in reply to Zer0_2121)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiple Installs - 3/13/2008 1:49:43 AM   
Zer0_2121

I'm sorry.....currently I am running the 8.403 version.  It still gets the CTD when playing Mega's with command and control on.

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiple Installs - 3/13/2008 1:53:26 AM   
Alby

the megas were not made using command and control so, only way I know is to play with it off.
8.403 also allows you to save your MC game during play, where as you never could before.

< Message edited by Alby -- 3/13/2008 5:21:07 AM >

(in reply to Zer0_2121)
Post #: 4
RE: Multiple Installs - 3/13/2008 2:28:31 AM   
Zer0_2121

Thanks Alby.....I thought I just p**ed away $70 :)

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Multiple Installs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI