Multiple Installs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Zer0_2121 -> Multiple Installs (3/13/2008 1:23:55 AM)

I have recently purchased this SP and cannot seem to play the Mega campaigns without a CTD when I select a unit. After some searching around (right under my nose) I saw that 8.40 and above CTD in the megas when Command Control is selected. I also read somewhere that this CTD doesn't occur when using 8.30.

SO......

Is it possible to install both the 8.30 version as well as the most recent 8.40+ and use 8.30 specifically for mega campaigns and 8.40 for everything else??

Thanks!

FlashfyreSP -> RE: Multiple Installs (3/13/2008 1:35:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zer0_2121

I have recently purchased this SP and cannot seem to play the Mega campaigns without a CTD when I select a unit. After some searching around (right under my nose) I saw that 8.40 and above CTD in the megas when Command Control is selected. I also read somewhere that this CTD doesn't occur when using 8.30.

SO......

Is it possible to install both the 8.30 version as well as the most recent 8.40+ and use 8.30 specifically for mega campaigns and 8.40 for everything else??

Thanks!

Yes, but why would you want to use the "buggy" 8.4 release for anything? Patch on up to 8.403, or, better yet, drop the Enhanced SPWAW DV 2008 mod into the game and play with the latest OOB, graphic and sound changes.

8.4 has so many "bugs" in it, it's not worth playing. Spotting for vehicles was accidently ramped up (makes ambushes impossible to enact), artillery splash damage was reduced to the point of artillery being nothing more than a nuisance, national EXP and MOR ratings were lowered too much, making play with any nation except the "Big 6" futile.

Zer0_2121 -> RE: Multiple Installs (3/13/2008 1:49:43 AM)

I'm sorry.....currently I am running the 8.403 version.  It still gets the CTD when playing Mega's with command and control on.

Alby -> RE: Multiple Installs (3/13/2008 1:53:26 AM)

the megas were not made using command and control so, only way I know is to play with it off.
8.403 also allows you to save your MC game during play, where as you never could before.

Zer0_2121 -> RE: Multiple Installs (3/13/2008 2:28:31 AM)

Thanks Alby.....I thought I just p**ed away $70 :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI