Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions and bug report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Questions and bug report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 6:50:42 PM   
StLee

I know I have been away, and believe me when I say that I missed having Maximum-Football. With that said, I took my first glimpse of Version 2 just today (getting the 2.2 version before I even started up the game since I last played last August). Here is my question, a perplexing one. Since I bought a laptop with 1 GB of memory, running Vista, I never attempted to play the game, listening closely to the warnings that version 2 REQUIRED at least 2 GB of memory. My question is: why is the game working for me? I was planning to upgrade my memory this coming weekend, but I fired up the game, created a small experimental league, and setup a computer played game. Everything worked smoothly, perhaps even more smoothly than my 3 GB XP desktop back home worked. Should I expect to have troubles playing the game? As another aside, I left programs running when I started the game. Still no problems.

Also, since I took a little time to run a computer-played game (for a quarter), I caught perhaps one of the first bugs of the game. Using American rules with every rule set to standard (no customization of the American rules set except I upped the play clock to 40 seconds), one team kicked a FG, an obvious made field goal. Instead of giving that team credit for the field goal and then kicking off, the other team got the ball at their own 30 with the clock running. Just wanted to report it.

BTW, I'm glad to be back on board! See you more!

StLee

If I didn't believe, I wouldn't be a Saint.
Post #: 1
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 7:22:08 PM   
David Winter

quote:

Instead of giving that team credit for the field goal and then kicking off, the other team got the ball at their own 30 with the clock running.

Did the team get the points?

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 7:26:49 PM   
StLee

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

quote:

Instead of giving that team credit for the field goal and then kicking off, the other team got the ball at their own 30 with the clock running.

Did the team get the points?

No, no points were rewarded. The other team got the ball at the 30 and the game clock was running.

StLee

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 7:30:27 PM   
David Winter

If no points were awarded I'd have to think that the field goal was either wide or short and the ball was kicked from the 30.

If you can send me both the debug log and the game log for the game that occured in, I'll be able to see what happened in the game.

thanks
David

< Message edited by David Winter -- 3/25/2008 7:37:53 PM >

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 7:44:10 PM   
StLee

I quit the game shortly after that play, so I don't see a gamelog saved. Or am I looking in the wrong place? I do see the debug log. I'll e-mail it to you.

StLee

Post #: 5
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 7:45:16 PM   
David Winter

Thanks..

I noticed you're in Korea. What regional settings are you using? Do you get a regional settings dialog warning?

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 7:52:13 PM   
StLee

I hope I sent to the right e-mail address: mfbinfo@wintervalley.com. It's the only I saw on the website.

I bought the laptop in America, so I don't think the regional settings matter. But, no, I didn't get a dialog warning. I am still curious to know why the game is running on Vista with only 1 MB of memory. Now I am mad at myself for not even trying to download the game onto my laptop before now.

StLee

Post #: 7
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 7:56:08 PM   
StLee

As I saw it, the game clock was running, which made me think there was a bug. The FG could have been short, but the curious thing was that the game clock was still running when the possession changed. I didn't see a dialog at the top stating FG made or missed either, though I wasn't necessarily looking for it. I'm not sure. I was just planning to watch a quarter and quit to see that the program would work or if it would lock up my computer. 

StLee

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 8
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 7:56:10 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Here is my question, a perplexing one. Since I bought a laptop with 1 GB of memory, running Vista, I never attempted to play the game, listening closely to the warnings that version 2 REQUIRED at least 2 GB of memory. My question is: why is the game working for me?

Vista is a memory hog. The 2GB system recommendation on the box assumes that other items are lacking and that one wants to kick up some of the graphics.

While some beta members test the game with a killer rig, I try to test the game on a machine that is closer to the minimum system requirements. In XP, that is 512MB RAM. In Vista, the recommendation is at 2GB to be safe, but it likely can be run on a less endowed machine.

quote:

Using American rules with every rule set to standard (no customization of the American rules set except I upped the play clock to 40 seconds), one team kicked a FG, an obvious made field goal. Instead of giving that team credit for the field goal and then kicking off, the other team got the ball at their own 30 with the clock running. Just wanted to report it.

Because of the angle of view, sometimes a short field goal looks like to be good when it is not. Was the game clock running or just the 40 second clock? Was this using a US Pro field or US amateur field?

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 9
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 7:58:39 PM   
Marauders

quote:

As I saw it, the game clock was running, which made me think there was a bug. The FG could have been short, but the curious thing was that the game clock was still running when the possession changed. I didn't see a dialog at the top stating FG made or missed either, though I wasn't necessarily looking for it. I'm not sure. I was just planning to watch a quarter and quit to see that the program would work or if it would lock up my computer.

We'll take a look at this area.  Thank you for your report.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 10
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 7:58:40 PM   
StLee

About the field, as far as I know, it was a pro field. Hmmm. I would have to go back to check, but the hash marks were approximately even with the uprights, telling me it was probably a pro field. 

StLee

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 11
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/25/2008 8:06:21 PM   
David Winter

Lee.

I have the log you sent and it confirms you're running with the correct regional settings. This problem hasn't been reported before so it's something I'll keep an eye on.

As for your Vista question. I purposefully put the requirements for vista on the highside because at the moment the majority of PC's out there are running vista on mid/low-end computers. And as vista requires a lot more system resources than XP then I have to err on the side of caution and call for higher system specs. If someone has a really high power processor and a kick-@&& video card, then you may get away with less memory. I have a vista laptop here I do most of my vista testing on and it's not a very powerful computer. It works wonderfully on XP, but with vista it bogs down.

thanks
David

(in reply to StLee)
Post #: 12
RE: Questions and bug report - 3/26/2008 1:52:08 AM   
garysorrell

Gamelogs are only printed out once a game is finished.

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Questions and bug report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI