Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carrier taskforce reacting to non-existant carriers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Carrier taskforce reacting to non-existant carriers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carrier taskforce reacting to non-existant carriers - 4/1/2008 10:32:57 PM   
Martti

It seems that the carriers react to other air combat task forces - even if those TFs do not actually contain any carriers. In my game I have just lost every single japanese carrier to an allied ambush, but the allied carriers continue to react to my air combat task force - even though it only has DDs left. While it does not really bother me in this situation, I am worried that someone might use gamely, for example to create an air combat task force with a single destroyer and use that to lure enemy carriers into LBA range.
Post #: 1
RE: Carrier taskforce reacting to non-existant carriers - 4/1/2008 10:36:38 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Martti

It seems that the carriers react to other air combat task forces - even if those TFs do not actually contain any carriers. In my game I have just lost every single japanese carrier to an allied ambush, but the allied carriers continue to react to my air combat task force - even though it only has DDs left. While it does not really bother me in this situation, I am worried that someone might use gamely, for example to create an air combat task force with a single destroyer and use that to lure enemy carriers into LBA range.

In years of gaming I have never heard of that one. I wonder how many knew about that one, I guess a lot who would exploit it, didn´t know... now they now...

(in reply to Martti)
Post #: 2
RE: Carrier taskforce reacting to non-existant carriers - 4/1/2008 11:34:37 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Martti

In years of gaming I have never heard of that one. I wonder how many knew about that one, I guess a lot who would exploit it, didn´t know... now they now...

Sounds like that tactic works better than I thought it might. One of my five CVTFs off Balipapan in the current AAR was a dummy--built around a couple of CSs that were being shifted between real CVTFs. It's gone now, having served its function.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Carrier taskforce reacting to non-existant carriers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI