Carrier taskforce reacting to non-existant carriers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Martti -> Carrier taskforce reacting to non-existant carriers (4/1/2008 10:32:57 PM)

It seems that the carriers react to other air combat task forces - even if those TFs do not actually contain any carriers. In my game I have just lost every single japanese carrier to an allied ambush, but the allied carriers continue to react to my air combat task force - even though it only has DDs left. While it does not really bother me in this situation, I am worried that someone might use gamely, for example to create an air combat task force with a single destroyer and use that to lure enemy carriers into LBA range.

castor troy -> RE: Carrier taskforce reacting to non-existant carriers (4/1/2008 10:36:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Martti

It seems that the carriers react to other air combat task forces - even if those TFs do not actually contain any carriers. In my game I have just lost every single japanese carrier to an allied ambush, but the allied carriers continue to react to my air combat task force - even though it only has DDs left. While it does not really bother me in this situation, I am worried that someone might use gamely, for example to create an air combat task force with a single destroyer and use that to lure enemy carriers into LBA range.

In years of gaming I have never heard of that one. I wonder how many knew about that one, I guess a lot who would exploit it, didnīt know... now they now... [;)]

herwin -> RE: Carrier taskforce reacting to non-existant carriers (4/1/2008 11:34:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Martti

In years of gaming I have never heard of that one. I wonder how many knew about that one, I guess a lot who would exploit it, didnīt know... now they now... [;)]

Sounds like that tactic works better than I thought it might. One of my five CVTFs off Balipapan in the current AAR was a dummy--built around a couple of CSs that were being shifted between real CVTFs. It's gone now, having served its function.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI