Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Niki mod RHS ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Niki mod RHS ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Niki mod RHS ? - 4/10/2008 1:46:43 AM   
Flannel

Hi, I'm just back in the UK from Germany after almost nine months absence.. What are these referralls to, please? The 'Niki Mod' and The RHS. I am about to start playing WITP after 18 months away from gaming at all. So any help will be appreciated. If they are something I can d/l , then where from do I d/l

flannel
Post #: 1
RE: Niki mod RHS ? - 4/10/2008 3:28:18 AM   
Crimguy

Nikimod is Nikademus' mod to the stock scenario.  As per spooky's site:

The grand campaign, covering the entire War in the Pacific from the start of the attack on Pearl Harbor up to March 31, 1946. This is a modififed campaign with substantial changes to the air and ASW model.  Please see the FAQ for complete details.

I haven't figured out what/where RHS is yet either (put WitP down for a year)

(in reply to Flannel)
Post #: 2
RE: Niki mod RHS ? - 4/10/2008 5:42:59 AM   
Texas D

You can find RHS here http://www.rhs.akdreemer.com/download_links.htm

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 3
RE: Niki mod RHS ? - 4/10/2008 11:17:26 PM   
el cid again

If you need any technical or player support, you can ask Mifune or me. If there is anything that does not seem quite right,
post questions in the Scenario Design folder - and either I will answer them, or I will say they are errors which will be
corrected in a future file release.

RHS is a set of scenarios - 10 in the current level - that use different maps and art from stock, CHS or other mods. There also
are older versions - each with 7 scenarios - on still different maps: Level 5 more or less uses the Extended Map System of
Andrew Brown and is very like the CHS map. Level 6 uses a primitive map edge shipping track (for the Allies only - so they
can sail "around the backside of the world") and is very simple and functional. Level 7 has a much more complex map system
involving a revised Panama Mini Map, a new Madagasar Mini Map, Aden (from CHS) converted into a meta-base with
ship tracks to the Persian Gulf and the mid Indian Ocean, and lots of way to get from the Mini Maps to the main one - or to each
other - including a route up the South Atlantic to New Orleand and the Colon/Caribbean side of Panama (all, FYI, able to be
range correct - making these tracks perfect speed/time/distance calculators). The reason for different scenarios is so a player may
choose what ships and situation he wants to play:

1. The war as it was fought is called CVO (Carrier Oriented) - and like stock the Russians are passive
2. The same thing with active (but not bellegerent) Russians is RAO (Russians Active)
3. The same thing modified for AI as Japan is CAIO (Carrier AI Oriented)

4. The war as it was planned is called BBO (Battleship Oriented) - and it has Active Russians
5. The same thing with passive Russians (like all other mods) is RPO (Russians Passive)

6. The war as the Allies thought it was (with long term Japanese planning) is called EEO (Evil Empire Option)
7. The same thing modified for AI as Japan is called AIO (AI Oriented)
8. AIO modified for a SW Pacific offensive is called MAIO (Modified AI Oriented)
9. The same thing with still longer planning by Japan and an arms race since 1931 is EVO (Evil Battleship Option)

These latter scenarios feature a different Japanese strategies: 6, 7 and 9 have Central Pacific Offensives (to take
or threaten Hawaii) and 8 a SW Pacific Offensive (to take New Caledonia, Samoa and Fiji). The Hawaii offensive
was planned since 1910, and Adm Yamamoto believed it should have been done after seeing the results of Pearl
Harbor. This turns out to be very hard to do, but decisive if successful.

< Message edited by el cid again -- 4/10/2008 11:32:30 PM >

(in reply to Flannel)
Post #: 4
RE: Niki mod RHS ? - 4/11/2008 10:48:22 AM   
Flannel

Well, Thanks to you all for the great help so promptly. I have been to spooky's site and vaguely remember looking at the scenarios etc a couple of years ago. How though, do I install a map or scenario? I had expected to find install instructions included, butr it seems they aren't, at least in the one I have d/l as a trial d/l. I installed JGSME into my WITP base folder but the map went straight into the 'MODS' folder without having any effect. I have used JGSME for my Silent Hunter 'Wolves of the Pacific' and in all the mods there I find install instructions.
I did once know but have forgotten how to install in WITP. Again any help will be gratefuly recieved

Flannel..........

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 5
RE: Niki mod RHS ? - 4/11/2008 10:56:23 AM   
Flannel

Re the RHS site. I have just visited the link and wonder how one knows which files to d/l for a specific scenario. I'm asking this prior to opening or d/l any to look at. Clicking on any of the directories will only d/l it? Perhaps I need to D/l the 'Book for Dummies'? first to answer all my questions !!!!!!!!!!!!

Flannel ..........

(in reply to Flannel)
Post #: 6
RE: Niki mod RHS ? - 4/11/2008 1:12:53 PM   
Terminus

And it's NikMod, not "Niki"...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Flannel)
Post #: 7
RE: Niki mod RHS ? - 4/11/2008 4:54:04 PM   
Texas D

If you plan on using the level 7 maps, then its easy. Goto http://rhs.akdreemer.com/RHS%20Scenarios/RHS%20Level%207%20Package%20Installer/ and d/l the RHS level 7 installer. Once installed, all you have to do is pick what version you want to play and it will do the rest.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 8
RE: Niki mod RHS ? - 4/11/2008 5:00:51 PM   
Flannel

Texas_ D thanks, I would like to know a little more first if possible, so i don't make any mistakes! But I appreciate your help very much. I have sen at the RHS site a 'Dummies' book which I presume, will tell me more hopefully ??

Flannel.......

(in reply to Texas D)
Post #: 9
RE: Niki mod RHS ? - 4/11/2008 6:09:42 PM   
Flannel

I have d/l RHS installer. It appears that one then needs to d/l everything needed for the game to play, ie all the diffferent scenario files, art,extras, graphics, seperately etc.............is this correct? quite a long drawn out process it seems if so.

Flannel

(in reply to Flannel)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Niki mod RHS ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI