Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> New Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Issue - 4/12/2008 5:54:10 PM   
yeats

I've installed the game on a new laptop - I have a problem when trying to start a game. Most of the time, I just get a black screen, however sometimes I will get a message : Video Not Available Cannot Find vids:msvd decompressor. When this comes up I do get the game menu and can play a game. What do I need to obtain to get this to work.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: New Issue - 4/12/2008 6:35:26 PM   
Jason Petho

Well, this is beyond me, but maybe ensure that your video drivers and what not are all up to date.

Jason Petho

(in reply to yeats)
Post #: 2
RE: New Issue - 4/12/2008 10:39:15 PM   
countblue

Which Operating System do you use?
Vista or XP?

This could have something to do with the start up sequence (animated logo).
(To Jason:Is there an option to skip it?)

If its XP:
Alternativly if its not your video drivers it could be a missing update in your Operating System
If you havent updated your Windows XP recently you can DL that cummulative Update (all Updates that came out after SPII) from the following URL. http://tinyurl.com/5kt83v

If its Vista:
Turn of effects for the game program.

HTH
Countblue

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: New Issue - 4/13/2008 4:06:15 AM   
Hermann

went through that years ago - simply go into the talonsoft folder and delete the video file

(in reply to countblue)
Post #: 4
RE: New Issue - 4/13/2008 7:55:52 AM   
Jason Petho

Thanks countblue and Hermann.

Hopefully the suggestions will help.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 5
RE: New Issue - 4/13/2008 2:21:44 PM   
yeats

I have both XP and Vista but in this case am using XP. I can go to the file and play it thru explorer with no problems - if the file that is causing the problem is MatrixIntro.avi. I should be up to date with XP as I have all the updates up to service pack 3. The weird thing is when I do an internet search on the error message I get info for problems with Win95/98. Bizzare - I think it might be a problem with my video driver - I noticed some other issues also. Is there a way to turn off the intro? I'd rather not delete it at this time.

(in reply to yeats)
Post #: 6
RE: New Issue - 4/13/2008 7:29:54 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: yeats

I have both XP and Vista but in this case am using XP. I can go to the file and play it thru explorer with no problems - if the file that is causing the problem is MatrixIntro.avi. I should be up to date with XP as I have all the updates up to service pack 3. The weird thing is when I do an internet search on the error message I get info for problems with Win95/98. Bizzare - I think it might be a problem with my video driver - I noticed some other issues also. Is there a way to turn off the intro? I'd rather not delete it at this time.

Maybe cutting and pasting the file into a different folder? That way you still have, but the program won't find it when it is looking to start it up.

Jason Petho

(in reply to yeats)
Post #: 7
RE: New Issue - 4/14/2008 5:09:11 AM   
yeats

I did just cut and paste to a new folder and now have no problems as earlier suggested.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> New Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI