Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 10:56:40 PM   
BruceSinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: BruceSinger

I have posted about this before, but here it is again. Playing Turkey. Fighting Pussia. After 6 month battle, I finally destroy the Prussia Army ~ 9 corps. After the March 1809, economic phase Prussia pops up 9 more corp. 14 infantry times 2 manpower * 9 corp is 252 manpower. Prussia's base manpower is 18. 252/18 = 14 econmic phases. There is 3 Econ Phases in 1805, 4 in 1806, 4 in 1807, 4 in 1808, and 1 in 1809 for a total of 16 eco phases. That leaves 2 econ Phases of 36 manpower or 18 troops. The log shows that Turkey has killed at least 133 factors. 133 - 80 -18 = 35.
Or 70 more manpower that it is possible for them to have. Granted, I did not count minors, but France and Prussia have been at war since the start of the game. That have not held many minors for very long. Also, GB and Austria have been at war with Prussia for at least the last two years. The log does not show losses for battles for which Turkey does not participate but it does show that they lost battles. Prussia has way more Manpower than they are supposed to.

I have included the 1809 April Diplomancy Phase that shows the newly arrived army. I have also included the 1809 March Econ phase which shows a complete lack of Prussian Army. I have also included a JPG of the log that shows Prussia getting Bonus Manpower in the Econ Phase of 88. If you go back through the log, it shows many Bonus Manpower of 70-100.

As I have said before, it appears the game is adding Prussia's saved Manpower to its Bonus Manpower in the Econ Phase.

This game is 1.01i but it has happened in EVERY game I have every played excpet when I have played Prussia.

OK I tried to upload them, but they are too large. Will do in multiple posts.

Post 2

Attachment 3

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BruceSinger)
Post #: 211
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 11:18:04 PM   
BruceSinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

BruceSinger:

I got your games but it looks like game "a" has no garrisons in the ceded areas???
I'll run some tests today to see if I can make this happen.

Very Interesting. I downloaded the Zip files I uploaded. I then saved them and opened the game. Here is a jpg of the Austria Region. It clearly shows garrisons in the provinces. I have saved nearly every phase of every turn. I have at least 12 games that show the garrisons that I can upload if you want. And about that many for the same issue with Spain. And happend again in a second war with Austria. I can upload ~ another 36 game that show the garrions if you want.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 212
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 11:24:26 PM   
BruceSinger

quote:

quote:

BruceSinger:

I got your games but it looks like game "a" has no garrisons in the ceded areas???

Very Interesting. I downloaded the Zip files I uploaded. I then saved them and opened the game. Here is a jpg of the Austria Region. It clearly shows garrisons in the provinces. I have saved nearly every phase of every turn. I have at least 12 games that show the garrisons that I can upload if you want. And about that many for the same issue with Spain. And happend again in a second war with Austria. I can upload ~ another 36 game that show the garrions if you want.

And here is a image of the next Diplomacy phase which clearly shows them moved to Budacrest.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 213
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 11:26:34 PM   
BruceSinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

BruceSinger:

And here is a image of the next Diplomacy phase which clearly shows them moved to Budacrest.

Ok, that image doesn't show it, but this one does.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 214
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 11:43:53 PM   
BruceSinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BruceSinger:

Here is the second Austrian problem. It is different because it took all the garrisons from all the provinces and put them in a province I had from the first war. First the images and Finally the games.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 215
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 11:46:56 PM   
BruceSinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BruceSinger:

Here is the second Austrian problem. It is different because it took all the garrisons from all the provinces and put them in a province I had from the first war. First the images and Finally the games.

And here is an image of the next phase where they have been moved.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 216
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 11:49:16 PM   
BruceSinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BruceSinger:

Opps, this was the second game phase, not the image. Let's try it the image again

Attachment (1)

Post #: 217
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 11:51:05 PM   
BruceSinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BruceSinger:

And the second game phase.

Note, edited to remove the mistakes in uploading.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BruceSinger -- 4/26/2008 11:55:42 PM >

Post #: 218
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 11:53:54 PM   
BruceSinger

I guess I will have to reply to get the the first game phase.

Here it is

Attachment (1)

Post #: 219
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 11:58:11 PM   
BruceSinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BruceSinger:

And the second game phase.

Note, edited to remove the mistakes in uploading.

Do you want to see the Spanish set as well??

Post #: 220
No field battle, corps stuck (1/3) - 4/27/2008 12:01:57 AM   
Innos

This nasty bug prevents me from playing further.

Game version 1.02g, single player, I'm playing Turkey.

1. Turkey controls Ottomans
2. Turkey has existing war with Prussia (and some others too)
3. Morocco is neutral
4. I declare war to Morocco, Prussia takes control
5. I invade with 4 Ottoman corps headed by Pechlivan Khan
6. 2 turns to arrive to Tangiers and face the morroco corps (no lapse of war has happened. Donno even if it's in)
7. Prussia has created a depot for the Morocco corps (never seen AI do this before)
8. After my land phase no field battle occurs!

The Ottomans just happily sit there with the Moroccoans. Next turn I try to move them, but can't. Looks like the land movement code knows that the corps have faced an enemy and can no longer move, but then the actual battle is skipped. So, there is no way for me to use these 4 corps for anything.

Save game from the end of the land movement phase where my corps arrived.

(continued below)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Innos -- 4/27/2008 11:11:42 PM >

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 221
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/27/2008 12:13:26 AM   
BruceSinger

quote:

I have posted about this before, but here it is again. Playing Turkey. Fighting Pussia. After 6 month battle, I finally destroy the Prussia Army ~ 9 corps. After the March 1809, economic phase Prussia pops up 9 more corp. 14 infantry times 2 manpower * 9 corp is 252 manpower. Prussia's base manpower is 18. 252/18 = 14 econmic phases. There is 3 Econ Phases in 1805, 4 in 1806, 4 in 1807, 4 in 1808, and 1 in 1809 for a total of 16 eco phases. That leaves 2 econ Phases of 36 manpower or 18 troops. The log shows that Turkey has killed at least 133 factors. 133 - 80 -18 = 35.
Or 70 more manpower that it is possible for them to have. Granted, I did not count minors, but France and Prussia have been at war since the start of the game. That have not held many minors for very long. Also, GB and Austria have been at war with Prussia for at least the last two years. The log does not show losses for battles for which Turkey does not participate but it does show that they lost battles. Prussia has way more Manpower than they are supposed to.

I have included the 1809 April Diplomancy Phase that shows the newly arrived army. I have also included the 1809 March Econ phase which shows a complete lack of Prussian Army. I have also included a JPG of the log that shows Prussia getting Bonus Manpower in the Econ Phase of 88. If you go back through the log, it shows many Bonus Manpower of 70-100.

As I have said before, it appears the game is adding Prussia's saved Manpower to its Bonus Manpower in the Econ Phase.

This game is 1.01i but it has happened in EVERY game I have every played excpet when I have played Prussia.

OK I tried to upload them, but they are too large. Will do in multiple posts.

Post 2

Opps, that is the diplomacy phase instead of the reinforment phase. I am sure if you run it, it will pop out the reinforments. But here is the Turkey reinforcement phase that shows the Prussian reinforcments.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 222
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/27/2008 9:47:19 AM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: ecn1

quote:

Already seen in 2 different PBEM games, occurred at least 4 times:

In a siege, the game asks if the garrison wants to attack the besieging forces during the NAVAL COMBAT phase of the besieged player; the eventual combat is resolved normally and the game can continue, but of course the whole thing should happen during land combat phase.

It happened during a siege at stockholm and zara.

this same bug happened in our pbem game a couple different times to different players...just ignored it in naval combat phase and it seemed to be okay, but it is annoying and weird

erik

Marshall, i seem to recall there was some bug fixed introduced in 1.02X which used a pgm to check for battles ? Maybe this runs also after naval phase ? And therefore we encounter this problem ?
I dont recall having seen this in 1.01.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to ecn1)
Post #: 223
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/27/2008 2:05:28 PM   
gazfun

Marshall how are you doing
The issue with this is that everytime you move a counter, they disapear back into the counter pool
see here in this file if you move any french unit into an adjacant area, that coprs will vanish, I know you have received some files on this problem, so here is another one.
BTW the password is "deadcat" after I lost a pet recently

Attachment (1)

(in reply to WJPalmer1)
Post #: 224
No field battle, corps stuck (2/3) - 4/27/2008 11:18:55 PM   
Innos

As above, but I reloaded, just before moving my troops in and played differently.

1. Few months later I bring one Turkeys feudal crops with a fleet
2. Attack with the Ottomans troops and one Feudal corps
3. Again no battle occures
4. After the incident (i.e. no battle) the Ottoman troops are stuck as previously, but feudal corps has been teleported to the closest city in Algiers (Algiers is Turkish conq)

For some reason the African troops want to keep their reunion and Turks are now allowed in the party.

Again save game at the end of my land movement phase, just before the bug happens.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 225
No field battle, corps stuck (3/3) - 4/27/2008 11:28:22 PM   
Innos

All right and the 3rd option tested, which works.

1. As above: I bring the feudal corps with a fleet
2. But I let the Ottomans stand in the next area and won't bring them in the fight. I.e. only Turkey's own force against the Morocco corps
3. Battle commences normally

Again save game at the end of the land movement phase.

=> So, as a conclusion: seems like the Africans won't like to fight with each other. Not even when the master is present.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Innos)
Post #: 226
No field battle, corps stuck v2 - 4/27/2008 11:53:55 PM   
Innos

Attack on Spain
---------------
All right, same game as above. Turkey continues to Spain (it's nicely close by and the damn Spaniards have been neglecting my white peace offers for years).

Everything happens exactly as as against Morocco: Ottomans alone won't fight, brining some Turks with them and there is still no fight. Turkey has to go in alone to get some action.

Save game at the beginning on the land movement, so you can try the moves you wish.

Seems like my theory of African unity isn't valid. Maybe it's that the Ottomans are lazy!

Spain attacks
-------------
Continuing even further: I beat the Spanish corps with Turks alone (gotta try a few times, since I have to leave 90% of my force out of the battle). Then I bring the Ottomans to Cadiz on the next round. Spain retaliates with one corps: The result is that Spanish corps and Ottomans remain in Cadiz and won't fight. Turkey's feudal corps is thrown back to Africa (i.e the nearest controlled city).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Innos -- 4/28/2008 12:14:09 AM >

(in reply to Innos)
Post #: 227
RE: No field battle, corps stuck (3/3) - 4/28/2008 6:22:54 PM   
Tater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Innos

All right and the 3rd option tested, which works.

1. As above: I bring the feudal corps with a fleet
2. But I let the Ottomans stand in the next area and won't bring them in the fight. I.e. only Turkey's own force against the Morocco corps
3. Battle commences normally

Again save game at the end of the land movement phase.

=> So, as a conclusion: seems like the Africans won't like to fight with each other. Not even when the master is present.

It's not just the Africans...I had the exact same thing happen when invading Naples. The Turkish Corp is repatriated and the Ottoman Corp just sits there.

Later-

Tater

(in reply to Innos)
Post #: 228
RE: No field battle, corps stuck v2 - 4/29/2008 4:12:35 AM   
BruceSinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Innos

Attack on Spain
---------------
All right, same game as above. Turkey continues to Spain (it's nicely close by and the damn Spaniards have been neglecting my white peace offers for years).

Everything happens exactly as as against Morocco: Ottomans alone won't fight, brining some Turks with them and there is still no fight. Turkey has to go in alone to get some action.

Save game at the beginning on the land movement, so you can try the moves you wish.

Seems like my theory of African unity isn't valid. Maybe it's that the Ottomans are lazy!

Spain attacks
-------------
Continuing even further: I beat the Spanish corps with Turks alone (gotta try a few times, since I have to leave 90% of my force out of the battle). Then I bring the Ottomans to Cadiz on the next round. Spain retaliates with one corps: The result is that Spanish corps and Ottomans remain in Cadiz and won't fight. Turkey's feudal corps is thrown back to Africa (i.e the nearest controlled city).

There was a bug in 1.02g {Maybe earlier as well} where the created empires, {Ottoman and Conferation of the Rhine} do not go to war with the controlling Major Powers and thus will not fight in the battles. Note, Corps for Free States that were in existance at the the empire was created will fight with the MP. So your Syrian corp will fight.

Note, this is corrected in 1.02i but 1.02i had other major bugs and was pulled very quickly. Hopefully, it will still be fixed in 1.02j when that is released.

(in reply to Innos)
Post #: 229
RE: No field battle, corps stuck v2 - 4/29/2008 8:38:18 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Brucesinger:

You are correct. 1.02i had compatibility issues with previous games. 1.02j should fix these as well as still include the "i" fixes and a few more.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 230
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/30/2008 4:21:52 AM   
WJPalmer1

Britain Fights Naval Battle with Itself

(in PBEM game)
-In December, 1805 Britain lands an amphibious force in Bremen and successfully assaults French garrison. British fleets are in blockade box
-In January 1806, additional British land and naval forces arrive in Bremen with more fleets moving into blockade box
-At the end of the January Land Phases, control of Oldenburg is transferred to the British and the events log reports the following bizarre activities:

1806, Jan Setting Great Britain's PSA to 33
1806, Jan Setting Great Britain's PSA to 33
1806, Jan Great Britain Wins Battle Of Bremen
1806, Jan Great Britain Wins Naval Battle!
1806, Jan Great Britain Wins Naval Battle!
1806, Jan Great Britain Casualties , 4 Heavy Ships
1806, Jan Great Britain Casualties , 4 Heavy Ships
1806, Jan R0 Great Britain Die 6(1), Perc 25%
1806, Jan R0 Great Britain Die 5(1), Perc 20%
1806, Jan Great Britain, 2 fleets
1806, Jan Great Britain, 3 fleets
1806, Jan Sea Battle:Bremen Attacker:Great Britain Defender:Great Britain

It may also be worth noting that a Swedish fleet (Sweden is British conquered) was in the mix sitting in Bremen when this all occurred. I am patched to 1.02g. Game files are attached.

Thanks,
Ron

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by exp101 -- 4/30/2008 4:33:02 AM >

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 231
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/30/2008 6:59:12 PM   
bresh

Major bug, concerning conquest of minors. (1.02G) havent had time to test this on j or 1.01 yet.

Since it happend surprisingly in a pbm game, I was bound to test this.

This was tested vs Egypt. At Cairo (the Egypt corps had died earlier).
Anyway situation, Turkey has a corps outside Cairo "Note not besieging just in area......"
After 2 months Egypt is conquered Turkish.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to WJPalmer1)
Post #: 232
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/30/2008 7:05:05 PM   
ecn1

TThis happened to me too in a pbem game I was in, using 1.02G,

It happened with some conquered minors in Germany...where I was not besieging the city, just had a corp in the territory, and the territory become conquered after two months

so I think its a general bug....(didnt report it at the time)

erik

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 233
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/30/2008 7:16:55 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Bresh:

Is there a garrison in Cairo?
I have done the same with a corps outside of Cairo and cannot make this happen in "1.02j"

< Message edited by Marshall Ellis -- 4/30/2008 7:28:51 PM >

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to ecn1)
Post #: 234
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/30/2008 7:25:12 PM   
bresh

quote:

Bresh:

Is there a garrison in Cairo?

Yes Marshall.

In the Pbm game there was garrison both in Cairo and the Cyreneica capital.
Turkey didnt siege any of those. Yet after 2 months they both turned conquered.

In the testgame i just did it with Cairo garrisoned.

I will test in 1.02j soon. But cant see any fixes on the list, that would involve this bug.
If time i will test with 1.01 at one point.

Regards
Bresh

Post #: 235
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/30/2008 7:30:30 PM   
Marshall Ellis

If you get a game that recreates this then send it to me if you could?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 236
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/30/2008 10:13:59 PM   
bresh

quote:

If you get a game that recreates this then send it to me if you could?

Its actually very easy to recreate (sad by true).
Play Turkey vs AI.
Setup the majority of the Turkish regular army along side maybe some feudal cav at the Palestine border to Egypt. Lead by good leaders+cav leader. Use echelon, you will win vs the low morale of the Egypts, while you have +1/-1 modifiers.

Maybe setup a fleet at sea next to Egypt with depot.

In diplomacy phase DOW Egypt.
January take care of the Egypt corps.

Then if you eleminate or do heavy casulties to Egypt corps.
Febuary move a corps to Cairo, Dont siege, autoforage rest, forage at Cairo if you want.

End phases while you forward game 2 months.
Then Egypt is conq.

One odd part is, i tried test this as GB, vs Denmark.
Though at that test. Denmark did keep its fleet, so hard counters beside the Garrison in Copenhagen.
But stayed there 3 months outside the city as Gb, and Denmark was not conquered.

So seems its eighter MP dependant or minor dependant.

Edit:
Marshall
I just installed 1.02j on my labtop, and could not recreate this problem with patch 1.02j. *bounce*

I havent installed 1.02j yet on my pc, which i normally use for eianw, unless im out travelling.
Do you want me to try recreate a file for this bug ?
Like i said, i tried recreate the bug we encountered in a pbm game, and 1.try i got same result, thats why i think this was not just cause some differences in patch versions between players.

Ok i attached turkey land phase,
You can see Turkey is not besieging Cairo witch is controlled by some other MP.
just hit end phase.
And when you arrive at the following Diplomacy phase you can see its conquered.

Next i tried load the savegame onto my laptop(with 1.02j) and see what happens,
i got some info about the gamedb had changed from 1.0 something to 1.02j, but could still load the game.

Ran end phase, and it continued... And Egypt did "happily" not change control.

Btw, the AI in 1.02j is still sticky to making DOW's with no means :(
If i recall it was something like, in DOW'er listed first.

Wars : jan-march 1805.
PR-AU
GB-PR+RU
SP-AU
FR-RU

Regards
Bresh

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bresh -- 4/30/2008 11:55:06 PM >

Post #: 237
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/1/2008 1:00:18 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Bresh:

The AI DOWing along the natural alliance table probably too often.
The AI needs to move in force to its enemies which is another problem I am having. The wars are OK because the enforced peaces afterwards will prevent too many DOWs. The problem is that many wars come to no end.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 238
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/1/2008 1:39:58 AM   
JanSorensen

quote:

Bresh:

The AI DOWing along the natural alliance table probably too often.
The AI needs to move in force to its enemies which is another problem I am having. The wars are OK because the enforced peaces afterwards will prevent too many DOWs. The problem is that many wars come to no end.

Marshall Ellis,

The wars are very much not OK. The AI declaring war left and right for no reason at all makes it look A without the I. Heck, I had Prussia smashed to bit with the French army sitting in Berlin when the Prussian decided to declare war on Russia.

So, if your current position is that enforced peaces will be plenty to keep the AI from getting into silly wars then I would consider you very mistaken. The AI players should only declare war if they have reason to think they can gain from it - not to declare war just because its possible. I would not be surprised if the current code has an unconditional percentage check each turn based only on the nation to DoW to see if war is declared with no regard to the political or military situation at hand.

Maybe you would be able to tell us what kind of logic is infact used to determine if an AI controlled MP will declare war on the other MPs? I am sure that many would be happy to give feedback to hopefully help you improve the logic for that particular part of the AI.

Post #: 239
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/1/2008 3:50:26 AM   
NeverMan

< Message edited by NeverMan -- 5/1/2008 3:51:13 AM >

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI