Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA - 4/27/2008 5:58:25 AM   
VCFL Commish

quote:

Now that I'm finished the 10 team CFL I'm going to see what I can do to package up something for the entire NFL. should make peoples lives easier in the long run.

What are the ten teams in the CFL you made?

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 31
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA - 4/27/2008 6:38:08 AM   
Hoop27

ok 2 Q's to answer.

Rhino I dont touch rosters I dont need a heart attack this young in life ;) just looking at collecting a bunch of art and fixing up what needs to be fixed then put it all into one file for ease.

and for our VCFL Commish it's the same 10 teams that come in the default MCFL

Calgary
Edmonton
Saskatchewan (Regina in the MCFL)
Winnipeg
B.C. (Vancouver in the MCFL)
Montreal
Toronto
Hamilton
Ottawa Renegades (folded a couple seasons back but Ottawa just got another team)
Atlantic Schooners (Halifax in the MCFL. It was the proposed expansion team that never came to life.)

hope that explains it.

(in reply to VCFL Commish)
Post #: 32
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA - 4/27/2008 7:03:00 AM   
therhino

Thanks Hoop27, don't give your self an attack.
therhino

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 33
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA - 4/27/2008 7:41:53 AM   
Hoop27

quote:

ORIGINAL: therhino

Thanks Hoop27, don't give your self an attack.
therhino

Just to give you an idea the last time I did rosters was for Earl Weaver Baseball lol

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 34
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA - 4/27/2008 8:28:11 PM   
bassman58

Hoop27, I loved Earl Weaver Baseball. It got me making rosters myself. I liked that you could get the PC to say the players names.

MjH, thanks for pointing out the location of the uniforms in the unsorted section. I thought I forgot to upload something.

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 35
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA - 4/27/2008 8:40:41 PM   
Hoop27

actually Rhino now what I mean by packaging a bunch up, For example Bassman has done a bunch of the NFL teams (that I could find) as well as a couple other people on the ones I dl'd.

So I am sitting with all the team uni's but maybe half the teams with field art etc. so if I cant find field art for the missing teams I'll do that and then with the original modders permission I would pack them all into one download that will make it easier for the average guy to just d/l it and not have to worry about finding pieces.

edit: or what would be an even better idea would be to just collaborate with the community and see who has field art 'A' and team logo 'B' and then have it all in one that way.

< Message edited by Hoop27 -- 4/27/2008 8:41:56 PM >

(in reply to bassman58)
Post #: 36
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA - 4/30/2008 8:13:40 PM   
quixian

Update on the Max2k rosters -- I should have the first Beta set uploaded within the next day or so.  This set will have an updated free agent list with over 200 real world free agents in addition to the previously mentioned changes.

I also caught a few signings and trades and such that were missed in the prior updates due to my info source for the first round of free agent movement being a tad limited.

I'm thinking of including as many drafted players as possible in the release.  If I do this, the players will have the correct heights and weights, names, DOB, etc, but will all have ratings of "50" for every attribute, just to get them in there for now.  I hope to have these changes completed by the weekend if not sooner.  From there, I am turning my attention back to working on profiles and plays to improve my personal gameplay experience and FINALLY play through some seasons with a custom league and maybe settle down with some NFL league play when it gets closer to opening weekend.

So, it goes without saying, but - if anyone wants to distribute these or my MadNFL rosters or make their own modifications to them, please feel free to do so.  The MadNFL rosters' attributes probably work better for MaxFB gameplay, but these have been pretty decent thus far also in my limited testing, and are of course far more accurate as to proper teams and the little biographical details. 

I'm just sharing my relatively minor work with the community that I was originally doing just for myself in my limited free time.  I'm very pleased that I can share any info about the game or the rare user-made creation I put together with the community at large because I've benefitted a lot from others sharing their plays, uniforms, et al over the past year and a half I've owned the game.  Without the help of this community, MaxFB would not even come close to being the fun and addictive football sim it is today, IMO.

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 37
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA - 4/30/2008 9:13:37 PM   
Mrgravyard50

Yes these are Great Rosters, but how Do I sim a season?
I go to season schedule and click on a game but nothing happens.

Thanks.

(in reply to quixian)
Post #: 38
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA - 4/30/2008 9:31:13 PM   
quixian

I was meaning to try out the rosters soon for simming purposes as well - just hadn't gotten there yet.  I'm guessing it would be an easy fix (probably mismatched team names and numbers, or something else not lining up between tables in the mdb).  I'll check it out tonight and hopefully have that one fixed shortly.  I hadn't even reviewed the season schedules to see if they were generating properly so hopefully I can fix several possible issues at once when I check it out.  Thanks!

(in reply to Mrgravyard50)
Post #: 39
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - BETA - 5/1/2008 5:42:51 AM   
quixian

The new BETA version of the rosters have now been uploaded to FBMAX.com.  New features in this version:

- Over 200 (maybe over 300) real world free agents and undrafted rookies.
- Most drafted rookies should be assigned to their correct teams, with correct heights, weights, DOB, uniform #'s (from college), et al.
- All rookies have the correct Speed attribute.  All other attributes are set to 50 simply to get this roster out there.
- Problem with simulating games in season has been fixed, at least from what I can tell.
- A few more players have been assigned to their correct teams as a result of trades and free agency.
- Favre still on Packers, at least until training camp is over and the new starting QB is anointed.  You never know.  I am no Packer fan but nothing would surprise me still.

Still to do - fix a few minor details here and there.  I will definitely add to this roster as time goes on, but the updates will come more slowly depending on NFL transactions.

(in reply to quixian)
Post #: 40
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - BETA - 5/1/2008 6:06:42 AM   
red07

quixian,

Thanks for your great work on the rosters. Much appreciated.

Red

(in reply to quixian)
Post #: 41
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - BETA - 5/1/2008 7:26:42 AM   
therhino

Very good job. Thanks for adding the draft picks.

(in reply to red07)
Post #: 42
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - BETA - 5/1/2008 8:00:30 AM   
Hoop27

IF you are cool with it. We'll use this in the Maximum Mod!

(in reply to quixian)
Post #: 43
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - BETA - 5/1/2008 3:53:13 PM   
quixian

Sure...feel free to use these rosters as a base for any project.  Thanks all.

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 44
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - BETA - 5/3/2008 12:22:58 AM   
Mrgravyard50

Anyone having a hard time getting this to work?

(in reply to quixian)
Post #: 45
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - BETA - 5/3/2008 9:28:42 AM   
quixian

A new set of the Beta rosters (v1.1) is being uploaded to FBMax now.  A few players' attributes were bugged, which caused a large number of players from the previous roster set to disappear.  This has been fixed. 

When installing, please keep in mind in general, and especially with this release because much has been fixed from the prior release, to remove completely any prior installation of any of my roster league files.  Then, start MaxFB, and go to the League Play screen to ensure the prior release is removed.  Finally, copy the new mdb file to your MaxFB directory, go to League Play, and the game should detect the new league file.

To sim games - you'll need to start a new season, then click the Draft button, then the training camp button, then you can sim games on the schedule that is generated.  I'm looking into releasing a version down the road that has the actual 2008 schedule already in the file.  Thanks and I hope the last release wasn't too buggy for anyone.

(in reply to Mrgravyard50)
Post #: 46
RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - BETA - 5/3/2008 2:01:07 PM   
Mrgravyard50

Thank You Sir!
You are so Great...
2 days off and now to have fun with this!! :)

(in reply to quixian)
Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> RE: Max2k NFL Rosters - ALPHA Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI