Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wild Bill And The Fight For Ramelle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wild Bill And The Fight For Ramelle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wild Bill And The Fight For Ramelle - 9/30/2000 6:36:00 AM   
IronicFate

Dear All (And Da Man Wild Bill), Thanks for welcoming me to such a great group of guys! I can feel the love! Wild Bill, I love your Ramelle battle. I was thinking to myself when I played a few battles " I wonder if Omaha Beach or Ramelle was there (3.0). And There it was! WOOHOO! Thanks for such a captivating mission! I felt like I was right there in the movie! WOW! If everyone doesn't mind, I will let you know how the fight went! (Is that ok?) I knew that the German Infantry was going to try to flank me, just as the movie went. I set one 30cal in the lower portion of the grouped buildings. The other 30cal was positioned so that it would have a good field of fire to assault any incoming infantry spotting or supporting the armor that was going to advance. I moved Horvath inside a building when the battle started. I knew that Horvath was equipped with a Bazooka and he could nail any incoming armor (With support from infantry from my 30cal.). Just as I suspected the German infantry POURED in, right down the main road of Ramelle. Capt Miller, Pvt. Ryan and Reiben tore most of the incoming troops to shreds. P-51's lit up the armor, and Pvt Jackson scored 9 sniping kills. And my left and right flanks were covered my infantry in houses and the 30cal. Upham (WHO I DESPISED IN THE MOVIE) assaulted a MG carrier trying to get across the bridge with the first shot! (Who would have guessed?) In all, I survived long enough to get incoming reinforcements and the battle was over. I lost Reiben, Horvath and 1 30cal from the left over 101st. GREAT MISSION WILD BILL! My hat goes off to you. Thanks for making such a great movie scene into a game where I can feel the same pressure as CPT.Miller did. Keep em coming! I love all of em! By the way WBW, I have version 3.0. I am going over to my families house first thing tommorow and downloading Ver 4.0 on a DSL line. Once again, thanks to all the loyal gamers and designers that have welcomed me onboard. That means alot, and I will continue to support not only the gamers, but the game and it's designers wholeheartedly! Sincerely Yours, Mike AKA: IronicFate ------------------ " Even The Fog Of War Cannot Obscure The Horror Of It"

" Even The Fog Of War Cannot Obscure The Horror Of It"
Post #: 1
- 9/30/2000 7:43:00 AM   
Leibstandarte

Ironic, I'm sure you will come to find that all of Wild Bill's scenarios are very well made. Wild Bill does an excellent job 100% of the time. Also they are other designers (sorry I can't give you all credit here) who also have some great small scenarios out there. If you haven't already go to http://www.thegamers.net/scenarios/index.html and check out other scenarios. Enjoy! ------------------ Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

(in reply to IronicFate)
Post #: 2
- 9/30/2000 9:21:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thanks to both of you, LB and IF. You guys can make a guy feel good, like its all worthwhile after all. I needed that today. I was just a little down. It made my day. Okay, now I'll go back and work on this new campaign and the upcoming Utah Beach scenario (got some neat surprises in this one!). Again, my personal thanks. Your support and that of so many others here on the forum as well as private E-Mail keep my spirits high. Nothing like encouragement...kinda like saying "Sic em!" to a hound dog. I'm on it, fellas. Get 4.0, Mike. It is well worth it. Its so much improved from 3.0...and the 4.1 patch is due out any second now. You should then have a very complete game. And we'll follow up with SP Modern Warfare (you should like that one, Jason!). We'll do your Bradleys proud, trooper! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to IronicFate)
Post #: 3
- 9/30/2000 2:06:00 PM   
B52g

This guy "Wild Bill" is the best. I have a scenerio folder with nothing but his scenerios in it. I am a Wild Bill Scenerio junkie. I actually went looking for him on the internet after the demise of Novastar and it brought me to here.

John

(in reply to IronicFate)
Post #: 4
- 10/1/2000 3:52:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Ah, B52! We go back a long way! I'm greatful to know these scenarios over the last six years have given you this much pleasure. Liebstandarte has not been with us quite that long, but he has been a source of encouragement also, as have many thousands of you. I thank you so much! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to IronicFate)
Post #: 5
- 10/2/2000 11:49:00 PM   
David F. Wall

Page 83 of the latest revision of the manual makes the following statement: "If the unit has fewer than four men, weapons will drop out starting with slot 4. So don't give a two man unit three weapons. The third one will never be used." I suspect this condition has been true for a while, but I don't recall how long. I bring all this up because I just performed my usual test of a new version of SPWAW, to wit, fight the movie version of Ramelle, and I observed for the first time that I got opportunity fire requests for those 81mm mortar rounds. It didn't matter if I said yes or no, they never got used. This is the only one I'm sure of, but I suspect other cases could be cited. Given the high incidence of single man units in this scenario, I'm wondering if this throws a wrench in the works, design-wise. Or maybe I just wasn't lucky today (Americans got wiped out, partially by their air support. I knew calling those P-51s was a mistake.) DFW

(in reply to IronicFate)
Post #: 6
- 10/3/2000 12:20:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I think it does, David. It still plays well, but the single man factor limits what weapons will be used. So I'm thinking of another revision, putting the most important weapon at the top...eg, Horvath, Bazooka, etc. It is fun now, but it could be improved. Sorry about the near sighted pilots. I'll get them some glasses . I'll be looking at it this week. Thanks for the comments...Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to IronicFate)
Post #: 7
- 10/3/2000 3:11:00 AM   
Fuerte

That's why I couldn't fire a bazooka. I selected bazooka with C, and it fired other weapons. Still I could fire it, if the man was next to the Tiger. Does this make any sense?

(in reply to IronicFate)
Post #: 8
- 10/3/2000 5:02:00 AM   
Wild Bill

He is actually close assaulting the tank, a feature built into any squad in the game. It counts as a bazooka for the moment though till we can do better. Bazooka at 50 yards, that is about the range in the movie too Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to IronicFate)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wild Bill And The Fight For Ramelle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI