Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) - 6/10/2008 7:58:22 PM   
Barthheart

August 1, 1940

The struggle in Norway continues! Both the Axis and the Allies desparately need the resources from Sweden. (He's building up a bit and withdrew the Paras form their trek north. I attacked and killed some of them as well. Landed Free French troops to protect the bombers. Moved the fleet in to hopefully catch the Kreigsmarine in open waters next turn. They are costing me a bit of supply {red bubbles})

Attachment (1)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 31
RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) - 6/10/2008 7:58:58 PM   
Barthheart

August 1, 1940

8th Army on the move! They are making good headway into Libya! (Since he's left this is less important but I want to get forces to Tripoli and then maybe do some landings in Italy to tie up troops. French troops in Marselle were moved to Gibraltar as protection. Helps keep Spain out of war.)

Attachment (1)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 32
RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) - 6/10/2008 7:59:25 PM   
Barthheart

August 1, 1940

The Sleeping Bear awakens! Russia is growing more concerned with their "frined" to the west. Stalin has started conscription of all fighting age men. (Russia wakes up this turn. In the north, I start fortifing around Moscow. Buildup in Lennigrad of all airforces and artillery. I want to knock the Fins out early! Moved the Baltic fleet into the Baltic... or else it will eat all my supplies!)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 33
RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) - 6/10/2008 7:59:49 PM   
Barthheart

August 1, 1940

Russia annexes Bessarabia from Romania! (Game starts this way but it makes a good headline. In the south again positioning all troops the max 4 hexes away from border to keep German Blitz bonus low. Moved Black Sea fleet to save supplies)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 34
RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) - 6/10/2008 8:00:13 PM   
Barthheart

August 1, 1940

China and Japan still at War! (China wakes up as well this turn. Moved units to better terrain in shorter line. Engineers place to make fort. Then they will build a road to the interior.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 35
RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) - 6/11/2008 4:49:48 AM   
Barthheart

September 1, 1940

Heavy fighting in Norway and on the high seas! (Lost a DD and a Carrier during his turn while killing only 4 carrier air! CRAP! Shore bombard Oslo, level bomber run on Oslo then attacked Oslo... and lost! Moving FF up to help take Oslo... hopefully. FF engineers guarding ergen airbase now. Not much else going on in th world, just building up. First level bombers arrive from Boston to begin bombing campaign of France.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 36
RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) - 6/11/2008 4:50:24 AM   
Barthheart

September 1, 1940

Russia contiues conscription drive in responce to German aggression in Europe. (Build more Siberian troops. Got Infantry II this turn. Built unit in Sevastopol. In an other game Germans landed paras there and really screwed me up! Never again!)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 37
RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) - 6/11/2008 4:51:04 AM   
Barthheart

September 1, 1940

Japanese launch major offensive in China!! (WTF is he up to ?!? THis starts a coutdown timer wher he must attack the West within 6 turns. Usually this is not done until after Germans invade Russia for fear of bringing US production on line too soon. So unless he's attacking Russia soon, which would be bad enough, I'm not sure what's up. Since it's September already winter's coming soon so not a good time to invade Russia....)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 38
RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) - 6/11/2008 4:51:47 AM   
Barthheart

September 1, 1940

Chinese forces make bold move and surround Japanese forces and capture Hanoi! Elsewhere they dig in to the hills. (Want to throw him off balance again so cut a unit off to see what he does. His DD invasion fleets are on the move so maybe he's attacking the West right away????? Pull back most troops to take advantage of the terrain. Built a fort.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 39
RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) - 6/11/2008 5:23:52 PM   
Joshuatree

Hm, looking good. He will have a tough time taking those hills... if ever!

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 40
RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) - 6/16/2008 6:33:44 PM   
Azghaf

Hi Vance,

I'll have to think of a differnt use for my para's on the next game!

Dave

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: IRONCROM-vs-Barthheart-WAW-(Allied view) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI