Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 5:43:04 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim41
I can't wait to be off this site. Waiting this long? Please. I've tried humor, but alas.
Matrix released a flawed game and used the public to play test it and I'm plonked?
They lost a customer. That's what counts, not a select group. It better be playable or they can refund the money.
The kid who mentioned Starship Trooper got flayed. That game out sold any version of this game a thousand times. Since it came in the box.
Chris.Foff. You're a big fish in a little pond.

No profanity or even implied profanity on this forum, it's a family forum. You've been warned.

We (Matrix) did not "plonk" you, that was another customer and he can do so if he chooses. I took no offense at your post. As far as the game itself, the Campaign Series as released is certainly playable as it does everything the original releases did, but v1.03 represents a pretty big step forward and I think you'll like it.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Tim41)
Post #: 31
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 5:44:28 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1925frank
I was able to access the manual on the Members page, and it is the 2007 original Matrix release manual.

I haven't posted the v1.03 manual yet, will do so this morning.

quote:

I haven't tried to access the manual in the actual 1.03 patch. Flying Scotsman seems to say it's not there either, but I've read other posts that indicate the revised manual is there, because other posts discuss the new bootcamps.
My understanding is the revised Matrix manual that encompasses the Patch 1.03 material will be on the Members page next week. Is that correct? That's what I gathered from Erik's response to Flying Scotsman.

It's there, if you have v1.03 then you have the new manual, it's just the E-Book version only rather than also having the print friendly version.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 32
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 6:03:49 PM   
1925frank

Thanks, Erik.  It's easier to print from the office printer.  I didn't necessarily want to download the entire 1.03 patch just to get to the manual.  I'll check again later this morning.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 33
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 6:29:51 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1925frank

Thanks, Erik.  It's easier to print from the office printer.  I didn't necessarily want to download the entire 1.03 patch just to get to the manual.  I'll check again later this morning.

Sounds to me like you're going to want to download the official 1.03 update in any event next week.

Rick

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 34
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 7:09:59 PM   
1925frank

Correct.  I downloaded the patch to the home computer, but I can't print from the home computer, or printing would be a real pain.  When the official patch comes out, I'll want to download it as well, because it'll have a number of corrections, along with Arkady's Unit Vierwer.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 35
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 8:38:58 PM   
Tim41

My apologies. Bad form on my part but Chris always likes to get an jab in. It was one too many. The humor was originally not understood and taken too seriously. Again-my apologies. I didn't think of 'kids' reading the site and you are perfectly correct.
I have been enjoying the TalonSoft versions without hastle and they are fine. I have cancelled my guy for the 1.03 patch but not from removing the game (Matrix Version). I'd think a refund would be in order since the game never worked for me in Campaign mode, but that's up to you sense of customer satisfaction. I do (or did) buy other Matrix products in the past.
Jason or Erik-or whom it may concern.
You have my permission to remove me from the forum. I tried-do I just hit Unsubscribe? You may also remove my strings and or comments as you desire.

< Message edited by Tim41 -- 6/13/2008 9:06:55 PM >

Post #: 36
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 10:10:07 PM   
sfinlay

quote:

I haven't tried to access the manual in the actual 1.03 patch.  Flying Scotsman seems to say it's not there either, but I've read other posts that indicate the revised manual is there, because other posts discuss the new bootcamps.

Hi 1925frank. I don't think my post was very clear, when I said the "normal"  manual I did in fact mean the new updated 1.03 manual in "normal" format as opposed to the Printer-friendly version. Apologies form any confusion.

(in reply to Tim41)
Post #: 37
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 10:28:48 PM   
1925frank

Flying Scotsman, no apologies necessary. I'm easily confused.

I'm still waiting for the updated manual to be posted in the Members section. I'm sure it'll get posted at some point.

-- The revised manual can be e-mailed as an attachment, so the problem of getting the manual file to the office printer is solved. I see there were a lot of other goodies in the manual folder. It's Christmas in June!

< Message edited by 1925frank -- 6/15/2008 3:47:33 AM >

(in reply to sfinlay)
Post #: 38
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/16/2008 6:23:09 PM   
Elwro

Goodies? In "Private Downloads" section of the Member's Club? For CS I only see the 1.03 update and the manual, am I missing something?

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 39
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/16/2008 6:33:03 PM   
camz

was the final update going to come out today?

(in reply to Elwro)
Post #: 40
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/16/2008 6:42:46 PM   
1925frank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elwro

Goodies? In "Private Downloads" section of the Member's Club? For CS I only see the 1.03 update and the manual, am I missing something?

Sorry. I've unintentionally caused some confusion.

The 1.03 patch itself has a manual folder, and within the manual folder are several files with goodies: (1) the revised manual, (2) an article by Richard Simonvich about DCGs, (3) the bootcamp instructions by Jason Petho, (4) an assault hex demonstration (I think by Jason Petho), and (5) a scenario ledger. You can access the manual folder with these files only after installing the patch. I'm still trying to figure out how to print the manual and the scenario ledger. I'm not the best with computers, so I hope my explanation makes more sense this time.

On the members' page, under the private downloads, there's also a manual, but it's the original Matrix manual from June 2007. It's not (at least not yet) the patch 1.03 manual.

(in reply to Elwro)
Post #: 41
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/16/2008 6:43:05 PM   
Jason Petho

No, not yet. I am still revising the platoon files, correcting the issues that were found.

Sometime this week though!!!

Jason Petho

(in reply to camz)
Post #: 42
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/16/2008 6:47:37 PM   
1925frank

quote:

ORIGINAL: camz

was the final update going to come out today?

Hi camz! I don't know when the final update will come out.

You also had a question about the AI, I don't think that was improved per se, but I think some things were added to make it a little more competitive. That is, I don't think the AI codes were worked on, but other things that impacted the AI indirectly were tinkered with. That's just my understanding from reading other posts.

(in reply to camz)
Post #: 43
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/16/2008 8:35:49 PM   
Elwro

Thanks for the answer,1925frank!

I only planned to download 1.3 after the small issues are fixed, but in this case I'll get it now and enjoy the goodies :-)

Thanks again!

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 44
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/19/2008 7:53:38 AM   
kg_1007

Alright, now I am confused as well. I downloaded the 1.03 update from the members section, and have assumed everything was great. Now I read that there is more fixes being made, and a 1.03 release expected "soon" again..... What did I download? And do I have to download it again? It seems to work from my view.....?
Sorry, this is not meant as a complaint, just as a "what...?" I guess that will teach me to keep reading the forum even after the releases

(in reply to Elwro)
Post #: 45
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/19/2008 4:00:28 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: kg_1007

Alright, now I am confused as well. I downloaded the 1.03 update from the members section, and have assumed everything was great. Now I read that there is more fixes being made, and a 1.03 release expected "soon" again..... What did I download? And do I have to download it again? It seems to work from my view.....?
Sorry, this is not meant as a complaint, just as a "what...?" I guess that will teach me to keep reading the forum even after the releases

It was the unofficial 1.03 UPDATE.

The official 1.03 UPDATE will be ready on Monday.

Jason Petho

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 46
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/20/2008 2:18:33 AM   
kg_1007

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

It was the unofficial 1.03 UPDATE.

The official 1.03 UPDATE will be ready on Monday.

Jason Petho

Hmm, ok... Couple of questions then..
I waited, patiently mostly, for a release of the 1.03 update, and then immediately downloaded what was said to be the release,,special to members, after it was done,but the day before being officially released. I then put the units from that update into a scenario I have been working on off and on for months. Nowhere was there a mention that it was a unofficial update, everywhere, that I read, all the work had been done(great job, by the way,from what I see) and it was ready,just was released in the way it was,because another update to a different game was scheduled that day,and the staff at Matrix was being kind and giving us a 12 hour-ish headstart.
Now, I just happened to check back,and see that, that was not REALLY?? the 1.03, it was just a sort of pre? update...so,
1. Why was it described as the actual update,
2. Does this mean that I have to redownload the "real"update Monday?
3. If I decide not to download the "real" one will I be missing anything?

Please dont get me wrong, from everything I can see, I love this entire game, and Jason, you, and Matrix, have always been great. I just am somewhat stunned at how this particular point has been played out (1.03) And, in reality, none of this will matter, if the answers to my #2 and #3 above are"No" and "no"

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 47
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/20/2008 2:22:56 AM   
Erik Rutins

What you downloaded was a "preview" release of what we thought would be the v1.03 update. We released it via the Members Club two days early. After getting a few reports about bugs or data issues, we decided that instead of making what we had uploaded the official release, we would hang on to it for another week and fix as many of the reported issues as possible. That will be the v1.03 "official" update.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 48
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/20/2008 3:04:31 AM   
kg_1007

Thank you Erik,
That is sort of what I thought, but it didn't really answer the main questions I asked, which were...
1. Do I have to redownload the update(and then,resubstitute in my oob of this scenario) or is it safe to just finish the scenario. In my view, what I have works fine, but not sure what bugs,etc were reported, but does that mean there will be a stability issue with my scenario, or are the fixes *entirely*oob related, so I can just run with what I have?
Thanks

Post #: 49
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/20/2008 3:44:48 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Thank you Erik,
That is sort of what I thought, but it didn't really answer the main questions I asked, which were...
1. Do I have to redownload the update(and then,resubstitute in my oob of this scenario) or is it safe to just finish the scenario. In my view, what I have works fine, but not sure what bugs,etc were reported, but does that mean there will be a stability issue with my scenario, or are the fixes *entirely*oob related, so I can just run with what I have?
Thanks

The update will have no influence on the scenario you are playing. You should be able to update to the official version of the 1.03 UPDATE with no issues.

Jason Petho

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 50
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/20/2008 4:10:08 AM   
kg_1007

Thank you Jason. That is a relief. Curious question, do you ever have the time to actually PLAY this game?
good job guys
k

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 51
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/20/2008 6:00:01 AM   
Jason Petho

Play the game? You mean you can play the game too?

Woah!

*laughs*

Yes, I find time to play as well, although the vast majority of my playing is playtesting.

Jason Petho

(in reply to kg_1007)
Post #: 52
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI