Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Report here oddities after Patch1# for LV _mosh

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Report here oddities after Patch1# for LV _mosh Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Report here oddities after Patch1# for LV _mosh - 3/29/2002 10:50:29 PM   
skukko

To make Lost Victories perfect report here if you find something strange ;) Second patch will not force you to start over and will not affect saved games. It is to be made as gift to you. It will also have some new stuff added :D

T-26 m.33 showing as T-34 is known OOB stuff.

Now Don't report of missing names in maps as I will fix them automatically.

Missing locations and typos are welcome info.

If you find some battle suffering of Real bad playability, you may tell it as nothing is too late ;) Remember thou that all battles have been tested and all of them have at least one victory.

mosh
Post #: 1
- 3/30/2002 12:05:25 AM   
Larry Holt

Mosh, Here is an oddity. Since installing the patch my family seems to have disappeared. I go home and all I can see is my PC with LV on it. I got an email that they seem to think that I have disappeared too.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 2
- 3/30/2002 12:24:01 AM   
skukko

Hmm... -it must be *.executable problem... How many turns should that meeting engagement last ? If it is 150+, then we should be worried :D

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 3
- 3/30/2002 10:21:13 AM   
SkyVon

How about this problem...the links for both patches are not working.

Any other sites where I can get the LV patches?

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 4
- 3/30/2002 12:46:01 PM   
Supervisor

SkyVon you can get the patches directly from [URL=http://64.26.50.215/armorsite/spwaw_downloads.htm]The Armor Site SPWAW Downloads page[/URL] until the Matrix FTP is up and running again.

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 5
- 3/30/2002 10:39:18 PM   
SkyVon

Thanks, the armor site worked great! 130 kb/sec tran rate...like it :)

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 6
- 3/31/2002 7:46:07 AM   
AlvinS

Mosh

Thank you for such a great job! The only problem I have found so far is that I can no longer turn my computer off. "Just one more turn".:cool:

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 7
Vebber takes the point - 4/1/2002 12:46:34 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Hi!

I found some very little oddities in the battle "Vebber takes the point" (nothing that hurts the gameplay):

There are four options:

- No options:
Node 14 scen 42
No location
Date: 6/8/41 (should be 6/25/41 or something like that)

- Alternate Road:
Node 14 scen 45
No location
Date: 6/8/41

- Split Kampfgruppe:
Node 14 scen 42
seems to be identical with "no options"
No location

- Delay advance:
Node 14 scen 21
No location

Gameplay is great :) , however I hate scenarios with victory exit hexes - I got 12XX to 11XX points despite having captured all 4 conventional victory hexex, holding the 1st 100 points/turn victory hex for most of the time and having exited many units including the HQ, 2 Strumgeschutze, both 3.7 Paks,....
:mad:
(Has nothing to do with the game, I suffered the same with the 1st MCNA scenario - that one with the train).

Kind regards,
Roland

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 8
- 4/1/2002 2:03:24 AM   
skukko

Once again about victory exit hexes: All forces that are left onboard when game ends are calculated to opponents points. Keeping value of V-exit hex as low as 10 points keeps this amount of points rising too much.

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 9
- 4/1/2002 3:40:22 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Yes, but....
German score 1230
Soviet score 1165.

No problem with the soviet score - they hold both 100-points-per-turn victory hexes for some turns and there were some of my units left on the map.

But the 4 200-point-hexes where in my hand = 800 Points.
The Victory hex on 29,11 was for most of the game in my hands (at least for 15 turns) = 1500 turns.

The other 100-point-per-turn-hex was oppupied by me for a couple of turns = at least 300 points.

My HQ and several other units got out = ??? points.

I have no idea why I got only 1230 points.

Attached is the last turn - just end the turn and you will see the results...

Kind regards,
Roland

Attachment (1)

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 10
Re: Report here oddities after Patch1# for LV _mosh - 4/1/2002 5:53:24 AM   
FNG

[QUOTE]Originally posted by skukko
[B]
T-26 m.33 showing as T-34 is known OOB stuff.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, but what is being done about it?

Reconaissance to Radziechow. The T-26 m.33s are all T-34s. This makes the scenario virtually unplayable.

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 11
- 4/1/2002 6:02:59 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Same at Dubno - also there are just a few.
My suggestion:
When loading a game, choose "human" for the Soviet side.
After you (German) played your turn, it automatically saves and exits.
Then, load the game - you are now the soviet side.
Order all T-26 m33 tank crews to bail out ("9").
Then kill them.
Or move the T-26 just in front of a german unit, bail out and fire on a nearb empty hex.
Otherwise, the KV-2s are excellent to kill the crews - try to round them in and around one hex, then order the KV-2 to fire on that hex.
After this, end the turn - it saves automatically.
When reloading, choose for the Soviet side "computer" and continue playing.

Hope this helps,
Roland

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 12
- 4/1/2002 6:37:32 AM   
Leto II

I have applied both patches, but unfortunatly, having never played LV before, I cannot say for certain if the sound patch worked or not. I believe that for one of the first missions (Reconaissance to Radichiow (sp?) ) the flavor text said that Vebber was listening to the song "Deutche Lied im Kampf" yet I heard nothing. Is that as it should be?

At what missions should I be recieving communiques from the High Command? I recieved one for the first mission but not since.

LV is great btw. I managed to get through the Reconnaissance against the T-34s! And the next mission is building up my respect for the Red Air Force (which I must have foolhardily thought didn't impede the Germans at all in the beginning)

After playing LV my whole perspective of the Eastern Front has shifted. Now I think it highly improbable that anyone who started on the western side of the San River who wasn't a general could have survived all 3 1/2- 4 years of brual combat.

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 13
- 4/1/2002 9:03:04 AM   
Bing

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leto II
Now I think it highly improbable that anyone who started on the western side of the San River who wasn't a general could have survived all 3 1/2- 4 years of brual combat. [/B][/QUOTE]

A lot of them didn't.

Bing

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 14
- 4/1/2002 3:11:58 PM   
skukko

T-26m33 issue: I did change them into T-26m33 after they appeared as T-34s. It has not helped... It is OOB issue and I don't work on OOBs. I have received info that it is under work, but as now is common holidays I can't blame anyone not doing it.

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 15
- 4/1/2002 8:14:02 PM   
Bing

The sound files after the one for the opening sequence of the first battle seem to play only when the "Options" is clicked on.

Opening screen for the third battle says the user is listening to a certain song - the song plays only if I click on the Options. Also: the song doesn't seem to include anything about "fleigen" or "fleige" which I believe it ought to, if it has to do with flying. The sound is not real good for the song, so maybe I missed it.

None of the above affects play - just curious.

The images display correctly now, so that is a major improvement. I think we ought to also post the good things about the patched LV, not just the ones we don't like. So be it.

Bing

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 16
- 4/1/2002 9:11:43 PM   
mao

[QUOTE]Yes, but what is being done about it?

Reconaissance to Radziechow. The T-26 m.33s are all T-34s. This makes the scenario virtually unplayable.[/QUOTE]

Yes.... I am right in the middle of that scenario at the moment and am rapidly losing against a horde of T34s. Last time I played I wiped out the whole lot of those T26s with 2 PzIIIs... now I am preparing to retreat before I lose my core forces.

Now I know the reason, I am not happy:mad: I have actually paid for the product so I think I can say that I am not impressed... Did someone playtest these scenarios with the final OOB? Unfortunately, it looks like I will have to start the MCLV again.

Also... [B]PLEASE[/B] if someone releases an OOB update include insturctions to update the OOB for those of us who have never done it before.

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 17
- 4/1/2002 10:53:01 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

Nothing major, but the pic of German infantry advancing in the documentation for the 'vital bridge' battle still doesn't show in my game. If that's the worst problem after the update, I'm a happy camper!

Eric Maietta:)

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 18
- 4/2/2002 12:47:05 AM   
Grenadier

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bing
[B]The sound files after the one for the opening sequence of the first battle seem to play only when the "Options" is clicked on.

Bing [/B][/QUOTE]

That is normal for the MC. Byron You have to choose Options and then the sound files play

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 19
- 4/2/2002 4:32:37 AM   
Jack

Anyone else having problems with errors while PBEM. We are using same version 7.1 and exact same oobs. Also units are showing up on the wrong side of map.

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 20
- 4/2/2002 6:31:54 AM   
Bing

Thanks, Brent. Is "Freihiet!" the correct song? I think that is what they are singing. This may be the equivalent of "flyng" in an idiomatic sense.

Bing

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 21
Still crashing to desktop - 4/3/2002 12:02:34 AM   
Sgt Popov

I have installed all of the current patches, scen updates, etc. While playing LV, I have had the game crash to desktop several times, in node 6, scen 19, and the Dubno battle afterwards. The MC does not save it if it crashes, and I have to start all over to finish the scenario. Yep, already deleted the PRF file, and it still crashes. Very frustrating. Sony Vaio, P4 1.7Ghz XP home edition.
Any help, anyone?:( It took 6 restarts to be able to finish the node 6, scen 19 (it is an awesome battle, however;) )

- Sergeant, what should I do if my parachute won't open?
- Bring it back and I'll replace it.

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 22
- 4/3/2002 12:19:01 AM   
Bing

Finished Battle #3 - Radish Bridge ("Vital Bridge - Radziechow = Radish Bridge) - a DV @T7, definitely easier than previous versions. Brandenburgers come down in a decent place now - but if the battle is handled with dispatch the ATR never fires a shot.

Per message posted elsewhere here, Germans badly in need of optometrist and a decent field first who will work them out properly on the rifle range.

1) Still no FO and same for Battle #4 - I do not understand this. Why have them first two battles, then deprive the commander? What purpose does it serve? Has to be deliberate. Battle #3 easy enough for those who know about the onboard self-targeting trick (too bad for those who don't). Fourth battle and probably thereafter, the player needs the FO. Battle #4 we have 2-man Recon teams with higher arty rating than the A0.

Please to outline design reasons for this - thank you.

2) The sneak thieves who made off with my 81mm mortar in previous games got the idea. I had both mortars for entire Battle #3 and all reinforcements arrived on schedule - and complete.

3) Somebody up there now likes me! Start of Battle #4 I chose air support and this time I got it!!!

4) Decorated for valor, didn't look, I probably got a medal of some sort. Keep the medal, give me an FO with decent arty rating.

5) Actualliy, it might not be "radish" - it might be chow as in Purina - Puppy Chow, Monkey Chow, und so wieter.

Bing

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 23
- 4/3/2002 2:20:39 AM   
Supervisor

Sgt Popov, double check your display settings, SPWAW is run @ 800x600, laptops can be very picky when running programs that differ from the designed display settings.

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 24
- 4/3/2002 2:22:33 AM   
Grenadier

This is a reconnaissance, not an attack. The FO's are back at the frontier dealing with the entrenched Russkies. The artilley was for use as direct fire weapons as they were actuially used on the 23rd

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 25
- 4/3/2002 3:23:24 AM   
Bing

That's half an answer, Brent. If they are onboard, they can be made to fire indirect, which we both know. Besides, in Battle #4 the player is given indirect fire artillery weapons - lots of them: 80mm mortars, 75's and 105's. I doubt the intent was to use all these as direct fire - maybe so, but that would be a real stretch in my mind.

I thought these were truly first line German regular army? If so, you are saying they would not have had the services of an experienced FO?

But ... half an answer is better than none. Like my girlfriend used to say: "Maybe later ....".

Bing

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 26
- 4/3/2002 4:28:57 AM   
rbrunsman

I just started "Vital Bridge" and one of the Brandenberg units landed 1 hex off screen. :mad: Is there anyway to get it back on screen? Or, is this just a tease or my bad luck?

If the same thing happens as the first time I went through this scenario, I'm sure going to miss those guys standing just off the screen. I must say, I am happier with the placement of what did land compared to the first time around before v7.1 and LV patch.

Other than this minor complaint and the sound not working before the patch, my MCLV has worked excellently.

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 27
- 4/3/2002 11:07:50 AM   
skukko

rbrunsman: just bad luck :D

Mao: These scenarios were done last year. We have tested these scenarios everytime there has been new OOBs and mechs. Unfortunately we have limited crew and capabilities to search all errors in one time. Nobody ever asked me if I would like to do patch for LV when new mech and OOBs arrived in first weeks of January this year. I just continued working as I've done a long time. And after January we had about 7 new OOBS and 4 new mechs. I don't complain, I just hope that individuals who use/create custom OOBs know better and take care of Official OOBs, as they are what LV and most pbems uses.

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 28
Resurrected killed core units - 4/5/2002 10:03:55 AM   
Al Boone

I had a recon unit J2 killed in scene 2. When I started scene 3, he was still present with the same name, Sgt Kinkel, and had slightly increased attributes such as experience, etc. It seems as though this unit should be replaced, at a lower level, with a different leader? I have a copy of the turn 2 lastsave and the first save for turn 3, if this is a game error and these would be useful.

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 29
- 4/5/2002 2:08:39 PM   
skukko

They are not necessarily dead. They can be injured and are after morphin and aid as good as they were before ;)

mosh

(in reply to skukko)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Report here oddities after Patch1# for LV _mosh Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI