Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Some Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some Issues - 6/28/2008 5:00:34 PM   
regenerator

1)PLAYER SUBSTITUTIONS
I'm not sure how the automatic player substitution works. I would like to have the computer auto-sub even a player-controlled team's players based on fatigue (if you want it to). This is something I'd rather not hassle with for all of my roster during a game - (I think of it as something I'd hand off to an asst coaches). Is it true that there is no option that lets the computer control your fatigue substitutions on player-controlled teams? I know we have the percentage substitution, but doesn't that just apply to computer-controlled teams.

2) GAME LENGTH
My games are lasting too long, ie too many plays being run. Is there a plan to incorporate the "Accelerate Play-Clock" option available in many other football games? That would be invaluable. As a temporary fix, what length are you guys setting your games to? Or is setting the play clock to a shorter time (30 seconds?) a better solution? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has encountered this, just wondering what others have done. Right now, the games I play in get about 145-160 plays at least. I know the average real NFL game as roughly 120 plays a game

3) Too Many Long Passes Against Me
Seems like the computer breaks a ridiculous amount of long passing plays against me. Have others had this problem? What have you done to solve it?
Post #: 1
RE: Some Issues - 6/28/2008 5:21:28 PM   
garysorrell

1.)Not 100% sure if the computer would ever sub out players on human controlled teams. I am playing games today so I will pay more attention to this and see if the computer ever does.

2.)This is an issue I have noticed in pretty much all football games. If you prefer 15 min quarters, I would first try adjusting the play clock. Shorter playclock time means more plays run, longer means less. If that doesnt do it, the next step would be to shorten quarter length. Really, adjusting both play clock and quarter length is key. Tinker with it till you get it near what you prefer.
**Played games and quick simmed games may not always mesh, it's just the nature of the beast**

3.)I know some people have issues with zones or man 2 man, I havent seen much of an issue with either. I try to use playbooks that are well put together. I see m2m as better than zone, but I can pass on both just fine. I dont see that many long passes, but it may be the playbooks im using. It's my personal opinion, of course, but I see this sort of thing as a playbook issue. Something the user just has to account for. Is it 1 or 2 plays that seem to always go long, or many different?

(in reply to regenerator)
Post #: 2
RE: Some Issues - 6/28/2008 6:23:35 PM   
dreamtheatervt

In response to #3, I can see a lot of deep passes being completed against zone defenses b/c the defenders don't pick up the ball well, and QB's are way to accurate deep.  The deep accuracy problem is in all football games, not just MaxFB.  Most incomplete deep passes in real life aren't even touched because they are overthrown, underthrown, too wide, or not wide enough; it's not that catching longer passes requires more skill than catching shorter ones (if anything, the lower velocity might make it easier), it's just a matter of getting to the ball.

My only problems with pass defense are that defenders in zone need to react to the ball much better, and M2M-under needs to be less suffocating; especially on deep balls.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 3
RE: Some Issues - 7/18/2008 10:46:24 PM   
regenerator

This Deep Pass issue seems to happen when the computer faces me, but perhaps it is a playbook issue.

Are you suggesting I create a defensive playbook with more deep M2M coverage? Also, garysorrell, what playbooks are you using? Any downloaded from FBMax or something along those lines?

Finally, gary, for issue #1, did you notice if players were subbed in by the computer during game play? I thought that's what that little checkbox (forgot the label) was for when you are in the substitution screen.

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 4
RE: Some Issues - 7/18/2008 11:07:27 PM   
garysorrell

I play mainly 8 man indoor football, and for that use my own playbook.

For 11 man stuff I use Hacks, check the thread below...his stuff is on www.fbmax.com

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1847486

(in reply to regenerator)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Some Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI