Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Regarding sensors...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Regarding sensors... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Regarding sensors... - 7/1/2008 7:04:48 PM   
RA5C

Is it just me?.. or has anyone else been faced with "stealth" a/c? In the EC2003 "Jugglers", I have had a/c shot down with little (1-2 seconds) or no warning by "invisible" a/c... usually the Rafale. At one point, I had 2 F/A-18's shot down by (going by log...never got a radar contact) x number of Rafales. The Hornets were loitering at medium altitude and radiating both air and surface radar. 30nm from their (Hornets) posit was a Hummer at high altitude radiating and there was a flight of 4 Eagles (radar hot) passing the Hornets within less then 20nm at high altitude when the Hornets were bushwacked! None of the a/c mention above ever saw the Rafales?

I have seen this happen throughout the game and was just wondering why they can't be seen?..

Crusader Rabbit

"A carrier landing is like having sex during a car accident..."
-Unknown Naval Aviator-
Post #: 1
RE: Regarding sensors... - 7/1/2008 7:40:18 PM   
Divefreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: RA5C

I have seen this happen throughout the game and was just wondering why they can't be seen?..[/font][/size][/color]

Simply because they are modelt really stealthy in the db....

My dbs: HC-65to80-DB and HC-80to95-DB, get it via www.harpgamer.com

(in reply to RA5C)
Post #: 2
RE: Regarding sensors... - 7/1/2008 7:55:02 PM   
Warhorse64

You are far from the first to complain about this problem. Basically, the problem is that the Rafale actually is semi stealthy, and if it is flying lower than your radars, has a decent chance of sneaking in to missile range without being detected, as long as it keeps its own radar off; look-down detection ranges are rather shorter than normal. The good news is, it works both ways, especially with long-range AAMs. Keep your shooters at Low with radar off, and you can run up a quite amazing score ... 

(in reply to RA5C)
Post #: 3
RE: Regarding sensors... - 7/2/2008 7:22:27 AM   
RA5C

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse64

You are far from the first to complain about this problem. Basically, the problem is that the Rafale actually is semi stealthy, and if it is flying lower than your radars, has a decent chance of sneaking in to missile range without being detected, as long as it keeps its own radar off; look-down detection ranges are rather shorter than normal. The good news is, it works both ways, especially with long-range AAMs. Keep your shooters at Low with radar off, and you can run up a quite amazing score ... 

I put your thoughts into action... but I am still got sucker-punched. This time when the missiles were detected, the area was under the coverage of 2 Hummers at high altitude approximately 50nm apart, 4 Eagles at medium, 2 Hornets at low, 1 Tomcat running TARPS at low and the victims, 2 Hornets at low altitude. All a/c were radiating.

Gentlemen... there is stealth... and then there is science fiction! Way too many electrons running around not to pick them up (all I saw were the missiles a few seconds before impact; a/c were never seen)!

Crusader Rabbit

-Unknown Naval Aviator-

(in reply to Warhorse64)
Post #: 4
RE: Regarding sensors... - 7/2/2008 12:00:24 PM   
CV32

Rafale RCS has been changed, sometime ago. Did you use the latest DB?

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to RA5C)
Post #: 5
RE: Regarding sensors... - 7/3/2008 12:36:28 AM   
Warhorse64

Try it again with nobody but the Hawkeyes radiating. Radiating with your shooters just gives away their positions by passive detection. Keeping them silent makes even an Eagle *much* harder to detect, and forces the opponent to radiate, which pretty much negates his stealth in turn. (But put a shooter or two right with the Hawkeyes, just in case he tries to sneak in on them, instead!)

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 6
RE: Regarding sensors... - 7/4/2008 3:25:15 PM   
mack2

The frisbee is out there 

(in reply to Warhorse64)
Post #: 7
RE: Regarding sensors... - 8/20/2008 4:11:52 PM   
RA5C

Sorry for the lag time... the past several weeks has been a nightmare at work (IT would be fun if we could just figure out how to get rid of end-users... )

I assume with the downloading of the last update (full) I would have gotten the current database?..

Crusader Rabbit

-Unknown Naval Aviator-

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 8
RE: Regarding sensors... - 8/20/2008 4:17:16 PM   
CV32

No. The latest patch contains the version of the HCDB that was most recent at the time we submitted it to Matrix. There's been, iirc, one more update to the HCDB since then.

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to RA5C)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Regarding sensors... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI