Regarding sensors... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support

RA5C -> Regarding sensors... (7/1/2008 7:04:48 PM)

Is it just me?.. or has anyone else been faced with "stealth" a/c? In the EC2003 "Jugglers", I have had a/c shot down with little (1-2 seconds) or no warning by "invisible" a/c... usually the Rafale. At one point, I had 2 F/A-18's shot down by (going by log...never got a radar contact) x number of Rafales. The Hornets were loitering at medium altitude and radiating both air and surface radar. 30nm from their (Hornets) posit was a Hummer at high altitude radiating and there was a flight of 4 Eagles (radar hot) passing the Hornets within less then 20nm at high altitude when the Hornets were bushwacked! None of the a/c mention above ever saw the Rafales?

I have seen this happen throughout the game and was just wondering why they can't be seen?..

Divefreak -> RE: Regarding sensors... (7/1/2008 7:40:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RA5C

I have seen this happen throughout the game and was just wondering why they can't be seen?..[/font][/size][/color]

Simply because they are modelt really stealthy in the db....

Warhorse64 -> RE: Regarding sensors... (7/1/2008 7:55:02 PM)

You are far from the first to complain about this problem. Basically, the problem is that the Rafale actually is semi stealthy, and if it is flying lower than your radars, has a decent chance of sneaking in to missile range without being detected, as long as it keeps its own radar off; look-down detection ranges are rather shorter than normal. The good news is, it works both ways, especially with long-range AAMs. Keep your shooters at Low with radar off, and you can run up a quite amazing score ... [:)]

RA5C -> RE: Regarding sensors... (7/2/2008 7:22:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse64

You are far from the first to complain about this problem. Basically, the problem is that the Rafale actually is semi stealthy, and if it is flying lower than your radars, has a decent chance of sneaking in to missile range without being detected, as long as it keeps its own radar off; look-down detection ranges are rather shorter than normal. The good news is, it works both ways, especially with long-range AAMs. Keep your shooters at Low with radar off, and you can run up a quite amazing score ... [:)]

I put your thoughts into action... but I am still got sucker-punched. This time when the missiles were detected, the area was under the coverage of 2 Hummers at high altitude approximately 50nm apart, 4 Eagles at medium, 2 Hornets at low, 1 Tomcat running TARPS at low and the victims, 2 Hornets at low altitude. All a/c were radiating.

Gentlemen... there is stealth... and then there is science fiction! Way too many electrons running around not to pick them up (all I saw were the missiles a few seconds before impact; a/c were never seen)!

CV32 -> RE: Regarding sensors... (7/2/2008 12:00:24 PM)

Rafale RCS has been changed, sometime ago. Did you use the latest DB?

Warhorse64 -> RE: Regarding sensors... (7/3/2008 12:36:28 AM)

Try it again with nobody but the Hawkeyes radiating. Radiating with your shooters just gives away their positions by passive detection. Keeping them silent makes even an Eagle *much* harder to detect, and forces the opponent to radiate, which pretty much negates his stealth in turn. (But put a shooter or two right with the Hawkeyes, just in case he tries to sneak in on them, instead!)

mack2 -> RE: Regarding sensors... (7/4/2008 3:25:15 PM)

The frisbee is out there 

RA5C -> RE: Regarding sensors... (8/20/2008 4:11:52 PM)

Sorry for the lag time... the past several weeks has been a nightmare at work (IT would be fun if we could just figure out how to get rid of end-users... [sm=innocent0001.gif])

I assume with the downloading of the last update (full) I would have gotten the current database?..

CV32 -> RE: Regarding sensors... (8/20/2008 4:17:16 PM)

No. The latest patch contains the version of the HCDB that was most recent at the time we submitted it to Matrix. There's been, iirc, one more update to the HCDB since then.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI